Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby hailcaesar34 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:18 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:Hey all! Use TLS'ers need to start figuring out which ASW we're considering and stuff! I think it'd be cool if we could make a big thing of it for us!

I'm leaning towards the one in March.

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:01 pm

hailcaesar34 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:Hey all! Use TLS'ers need to start figuring out which ASW we're considering and stuff! I think it'd be cool if we could make a big thing of it for us!

I'm leaning towards the one in March.


Same, it coincides with my Spring Break

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:27 am

Ok very cool - and I'm thankful nobody called me on my use-us typo hahaha so thanks for that!

ayl
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ayl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 am

I'm going to the one on Valentine's Day. Man, I miss things like "spring break" and "summer break." Can't wait to have them again :P

abrahm
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby abrahm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am

I'm leaning towards the 28th. March is too close to decision time.

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:32 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:Hey all! Use TLS'ers need to start figuring out which ASW we're considering and stuff! I think it'd be cool if we could make a big thing of it for us!


One of them is right around deposite date and if you go you get money off your deposite.

User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby hailcaesar34 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Any word on travel stipend?

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yazzzay » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey, question about scholarships. Right now I only have 2 large scholarships, from lower ranked schools (san diego & penn state), but I'm waiting on (i hope) 4 other school's packages. I got into most schools in a week and live abroad so god knows how long the mail will take...

As per the acceptance email, should I just email the two lower ranked schools offers to Wake now (tomorrow) or wait until I get more? Or should I just let them know of other schools' scholarships as they come?


+1 on the travel stipend too?

Thanks!

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 pm

hailcaesar34 wrote:Any word on travel stipend?


they refund you up to 300 or 350 off your first deposit i believe

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:36 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
hailcaesar34 wrote:Any word on travel stipend?


they refund you up to 300 or 350 off your first deposit i believe


source?

ayl
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ayl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 am

LShopeful628 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
hailcaesar34 wrote:Any word on travel stipend?


they refund you up to 300 or 350 off your first deposit i believe


source?


Probably from last years' thread. I can't confirm it, but people were saying they reduced the deposit to around $200. Not exactly a stipend, but does make up for a hotel room I suppose.

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 am

ayl wrote:
LShopeful628 wrote:
LyricsToLitigation wrote:
hailcaesar34 wrote:Any word on travel stipend?


they refund you up to 300 or 350 off your first deposit i believe


source?


Probably from last years' thread. I can't confirm it, but people were saying they reduced the deposit to around $200. Not exactly a stipend, but does make up for a hotel room I suppose.


yep! they talked about it on pages 18-19 :) thanks!

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby kellohitty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:14 am

Application back under review after the video interview! Hoping I receive a decision soon.

johnclark21
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby johnclark21 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:17 am

For those of you who got scholarship, did you find out in the initial acceptance email or did you find out separately? If separately how, and how long after the acceptance?

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 am

johnclark21 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship, did you find out in the initial acceptance email or did you find out separately? If separately how, and how long after the acceptance?


Separately. I was accepted a while ago (Nov/Dec) and didn't hear about a scholarship until that batch was released a couple of weeks ago.

ayl
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ayl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 am

Winston1984 wrote:
johnclark21 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship, did you find out in the initial acceptance email or did you find out separately? If separately how, and how long after the acceptance?


Separately. I was accepted a while ago (Nov/Dec) and didn't hear about a scholarship until that batch was released a couple of weeks ago.


Same here. Also, they include a reconsideration form with it (just in case you're going to want to negotiate).

User avatar
kdot
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby kdot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 am

ayl wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
johnclark21 wrote:For those of you who got scholarship, did you find out in the initial acceptance email or did you find out separately? If separately how, and how long after the acceptance?


Separately. I was accepted a while ago (Nov/Dec) and didn't hear about a scholarship until that batch was released a couple of weeks ago.


Same here. Also, they include a reconsideration form with it (just in case you're going to want to negotiate).


I haven't heard about a reconsideration form. How does it work? Is the form to be included in addition to, or instead of a letter to admissions?

ayl
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ayl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 pm

kdot wrote:I haven't heard about a reconsideration form. How does it work? Is the form to be included in addition to, or instead of a letter to admissions?


From the email:
"We understand that financing your education is an important consideration and that cost will be a factor in your decision-making process. Our goal is to offer our students a competitive financial aid package that allows them to choose Wake Forest Law because they believe we can best prepare them for a successful future.

You’ll find attached a “Scholarship Reconsideration Request” form. If you have offers from other schools that seem more attractive to you or that you believe might compel us to adjust our award, please complete the form and return it along with copies of the other offers to lscholar@wfu.edu at your earliest convenience. Submissions will be reviewed and considered for an increase to your current offer within ten business days."

My plan is to send an email along with the form. The form is simply school, tuition, and scholarship amount.

User avatar
kdot
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby kdot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 pm

ayl wrote:
kdot wrote:I haven't heard about a reconsideration form. How does it work? Is the form to be included in addition to, or instead of a letter to admissions?


From the email:
"We understand that financing your education is an important consideration and that cost will be a factor in your decision-making process. Our goal is to offer our students a competitive financial aid package that allows them to choose Wake Forest Law because they believe we can best prepare them for a successful future.

You’ll find attached a “Scholarship Reconsideration Request” form. If you have offers from other schools that seem more attractive to you or that you believe might compel us to adjust our award, please complete the form and return it along with copies of the other offers to lscholar@wfu.edu at your earliest convenience. Submissions will be reviewed and considered for an increase to your current offer within ten business days."

My plan is to send an email along with the form. The form is simply school, tuition, and scholarship amount.


Okay, awesome. Thanks for the info!

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby amh » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Accepted via email on Friday (1/31)!

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:16 pm

I spoke with the Event Coodinator and it's confirmed: those who attend any ASD will have their first deposits reduced from $500 to $200. An official message about it should be coming in the next few days.

User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby hailcaesar34 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 pm

LShopeful628 wrote:I spoke with the Event Coodinator and it's confirmed: those who attend any ASD will have their first deposits reduced from $500 to $200. An official message about it should be coming in the next few days.

Thanks good to know.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby kellohitty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 pm

For those of you who completed an interview online, how long did it take for you to receive a decision after the interview?

upstateboy
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby upstateboy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Has anyone received a decision after doing the online interview?

abrahm
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby abrahm » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey for those of you who submitted scholarship offers per the request in the acceptance email, did Dean Shively confirm he received the email? I emailed him with my other offers, but he did not respond, so I'm wondering if I should be concerned as to whether he received it or not. Thanks! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: champagnepapi, emirleee, Houzy, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 17 guests