Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby gitguy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

AT9 wrote:Planning to apply with a 163/3.83. Looks like I should be in, but anyone know what scholarship opportunities look like for people with my numbers?

Good luck to everyone!


If last year is any guide, you might get at least $75K thrown at you right off the bat.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby AT9 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:12 pm

gitguy wrote:
AT9 wrote:Planning to apply with a 163/3.83. Looks like I should be in, but anyone know what scholarship opportunities look like for people with my numbers?

Good luck to everyone!


If last year is any guide, you might get at least $75K thrown at you right off the bat.


That would be nice...

For anyone else familiar with Wake, how important is it to have ties to NC/the region in the job search?

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 pm

gitguy wrote:
AT9 wrote:Planning to apply with a 163/3.83. Looks like I should be in, but anyone know what scholarship opportunities look like for people with my numbers?

Good luck to everyone!


If last year is any guide, you might get at least $75K thrown at you right off the bat.


With a larger 1L class size I would assume Wake would be looking for a much smaller class size this cycle. Could lead to more generous scholarships than the past few cycles.

ash0117
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ash0117 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm

AT9 wrote:
gitguy wrote:
AT9 wrote:Planning to apply with a 163/3.83. Looks like I should be in, but anyone know what scholarship opportunities look like for people with my numbers?

Good luck to everyone!


If last year is any guide, you might get at least $75K thrown at you right off the bat.


That would be nice...

For anyone else familiar with Wake, how important is it to have ties to NC/the region in the job search?


I currently go to Wake, but I am originally from Florida. North Carolina is big on ties, especially in the smaller towns. The bigger cities like Winston, Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte are more friendly to transplants, but be prepared to hear the "Why ____?" question. From friends, I know that it's pretty similar throughout the Carolinas, Virginia (besides DC), and Tennessee. Hope that helps a little bit.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby AT9 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm

ash0117 wrote:
AT9 wrote:That would be nice...

For anyone else familiar with Wake, how important is it to have ties to NC/the region in the job search?


I currently go to Wake, but I am originally from Florida. North Carolina is big on ties, especially in the smaller towns. The bigger cities like Winston, Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte are more friendly to transplants, but be prepared to hear the "Why ____?" question. From friends, I know that it's pretty similar throughout the Carolinas, Virginia (besides DC), and Tennessee. Hope that helps a little bit.


That does help - thanks for taking the time to chime in! I'm from Florida as well and looking to attend/practice in the Southeast in general, not necessarily a particular state. If I get a decent scholarship offer, I really, really want to visit. What's your general class rank and as an out-of-stater, how do job prospects look? Where do Wake grads generally end up?

My favorite athlete (Tim Duncan) graduated from Wake....does that count as a "tie"? :lol:

ash0117
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ash0117 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 pm

AT9 wrote:
ash0117 wrote:
AT9 wrote:That would be nice...

For anyone else familiar with Wake, how important is it to have ties to NC/the region in the job search?


I currently go to Wake, but I am originally from Florida. North Carolina is big on ties, especially in the smaller towns. The bigger cities like Winston, Greensboro, Raleigh and Charlotte are more friendly to transplants, but be prepared to hear the "Why ____?" question. From friends, I know that it's pretty similar throughout the Carolinas, Virginia (besides DC), and Tennessee. Hope that helps a little bit.


That does help - thanks for taking the time to chime in! I'm from Florida as well and looking to attend/practice in the Southeast in general, not necessarily a particular state. If I get a decent scholarship offer, I really, really want to visit. What's your general class rank and as an out-of-stater, how do job prospects look? Where do Wake grads generally end up?

My favorite athlete (Tim Duncan) graduated from Wake....does that count as a "tie"? :lol:


I am top 1/3. I'm in a unique situation because I was born and raised in Florida but now my family lives in NC, so I have real ties. Job prospects depend on what you're looking for. I'm a 2L, so we did OCI in August. Only a hand full of people got SAs through OCI, and they were in the top 10-15%. Mid-size firms and public interest are where most Wake grads go, and they haven't really started hiring yet. I want to work at a smaller regional firm, so I don't have a summer job yet (still doing apps and waiting). As far as permanent employment, I think the 3L class is split - they've either already have jobs (3L OCI, offers from summer firms, fellowships, etc.) or they are looking fiercely right now. No one in the top half or so seems worried about finding jobs, but those in the bottom half seem to have a bit more anxiety. Also, Wake's alumni base is very helpful. I've gotten advice and job help from alums many firms. Overall, it definitely isn't easy to find a job, but with decent grades and some work, people are getting them.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Checking in!

User avatar
jts723
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby jts723 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Checking in, about to submit my application.

kaitlyn1777
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby kaitlyn1777 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm

161/4.0. Checking in.. app received 9/23 and under review as of 10/8! Ready to hear something soon..

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ohioguy99 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Checking in, Applied on October 30th, just went under review today, 11/17.

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Under Review 10/17. Went "Complete/Ready for Review" on October 11.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:50 pm

i went under review as of yesterday

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Gooner91 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:i went under review as of yesterday


Me too. Good luck!

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:00 pm

anyone applying for the JD/MBA program?

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby AT9 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Gooner91 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:i went under review as of yesterday


Me too. Good luck!


Same. Lets hope they start sending decisions soon!

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Looks like they didn't start rolling out until December last cycle. Anyone know of people receiving decisions in November?

as975266
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby as975266 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 am

I have been under review since the 27th ( of Sept.) which makes today the 8 week point- I am really hoping for an answer soon!

LSBound2017
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LSBound2017 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:59 am

as975266 wrote:I have been under review since the 27th ( of Sept.) which makes today the 8 week point- I am really hoping for an answer soon!


I've been under review for 7 weeks. Hopefully we hear soon!

swchnc88
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby swchnc88 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Also hoping to see my status updated soon. Received e-mail that my application was complete almost 4 weeks ago, but my status has been "Application complete, ready for review." for some time now. Anyone in the same boat?

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ohioguy99 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:17 pm

swchnc88 wrote:Also hoping to see my status updated soon. Received e-mail that my application was complete almost 4 weeks ago, but my status has been "Application complete, ready for review." for some time now. Anyone in the same boat?


For whatever it is worth, I went complete 11/1 and was under review as of 11/17.

swchnc88
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby swchnc88 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:36 pm

ohioguy99 wrote:
swchnc88 wrote:Also hoping to see my status updated soon. Received e-mail that my application was complete almost 4 weeks ago, but my status has been "Application complete, ready for review." for some time now. Anyone in the same boat?


For whatever it is worth, I went complete 11/1 and was under review as of 11/17.


Wondering if it just varies on a case by case basis. Guess I'll give it another week. Thanks

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:59 am

FWIW last cycle, decisions came out on Fridays. I don't know if that will carry over. Good luck!

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 pm

In just now via e-mail! Scholarship information contained in the Congratulations message. Great to get an acceptance from WFU before the holiday!

Complete (Application Submitted for Review): 10/12
Under Review: Mid November (11/17 IIRC)

RLowry23
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby RLowry23 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

BostonFuse51 wrote:In just now via e-mail! Scholarship information contained in the Congratulations message. Great to get an acceptance from WFU before the holiday!

Complete (Application Submitted for Review): 10/12
Under Review: Mid November (11/17 IIRC)


Numbers?

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:09 pm

RLowry23 wrote:
BostonFuse51 wrote:In just now via e-mail! Scholarship information contained in the Congratulations message. Great to get an acceptance from WFU before the holiday!

Complete (Application Submitted for Review): 10/12
Under Review: Mid November (11/17 IIRC)


Numbers?


PM me for #s and scholarship info




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”