Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rutgers17
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby rutgers17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 am

I know I'm a little late but interview invite here as well! Submitted early December, UR 1/9. So excited/nervous! Time to prep!

< median LSAT > 75% gpa...surprised to get this. Do we think this is for borderline candidates or do many of the students that interview get admitted?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am

Luchi91 wrote:Hopefully they accept me. If they count holiday break, I will most likely find out this week since this week marks 8 weeks. If they don't count the holidays, another week of twiddling my thumb and waiting.


What's this 8 week thing? ED?

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Robbin Blue » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 am

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Can anyone actually make an appt now? I'm having trouble


Yeah, I made mine about 15 minutes ago, no problems.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 am

jingosaur wrote:Got my interview invite today too. Good luck everyone! I thought they forgot about me but they obviously didn't.

Et tu, brute?

Grats :D

worried0L
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby worried0L » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 am

drawstring wrote:
worried0L wrote:anyone UR 1/10?


here


did you get interview invite yet?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 am

Yes, around mid-December

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:18 am

Lots of invites today, good to see. :D

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 am

Congrats everyone who got interview invites today! Hopefully that means that Chicago will be releasing decisions soon.

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 am

Accidentally gave the wrong skype name haha oops...

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 am

thanks Robbin Blue figured it out all the spots were taken lol

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:27 am

:D

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Leo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:27 am

Interview invite today. Oddly after 9pm. Best start preparing.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:28 am

Congrats all! This day ends on a high note. :D

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 am

residentemma wrote:Accidentally gave the wrong skype name haha oops...


Now you've got me paranoid, and I can't figure out how to check that I put the right name in. Does it show it anywhere?

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 am


User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 am

midwest17 wrote:
residentemma wrote:Accidentally gave the wrong skype name haha oops...


Now you've got me paranoid, and I can't figure out how to check that I put the right name in. Does it show it anywhere?


I was worried about that as well before my interview, I couldn't find it if it does. Turned out alright though, if that helps in the slightest. :)

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 am

Whaaaaaat. Congratulations to everyone who got interview invites tonight!!! :D

Also, :shock: at interview invites being sent out after 9 PM on a Monday night. Is there no time of day nor day of the week that we can feel secure not checking our email constantly or refreshing our status checkers?

You know what this means:
Image

isaiah1992
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby isaiah1992 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 am

Interview invite!

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Robbin Blue » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:35 am

W$RKliveWELL wrote:thanks Robbin Blue figured it out all the spots were taken lol


Haha, no worries. Congrats!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

isaiah1992 wrote:Interview invite!


Congrats!

User avatar
dubster101
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dubster101 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 am

What's the conventional wisdom on not signing up for an interview if you were invited? Does it have a significantly negative impact on your chances of being offered admission? Even though the answer is probably an obvious "yes," does anyone have any anecdotal and/or concrete evidence that could clarify the exact degree of the impact?

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 am

dubster101 wrote:What's the conventional wisdom on not signing up for an interview if you were invited? Does it have a significantly negative impact on your chances of being offered admission? Even though the answer is probably an obvious "yes," does anyone have any anecdotal and/or concrete evidence that could clarify the exact degree of the impact?

No one has anecdotal evidence otherwise because no one is dumb enough to turn down the interview. Stop fucking around, skip.

sup_stan
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby sup_stan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:18 am

Just received an interview request at 7:13pm west coast time. wow I cannot believe they were working so late. I thought I was done for since I did not submit an addendum to explain a 10-pt score jump in LSAT, although the Chicago website clearly states that admission people would like to see one for huge jump.

Above 75th lsat and at median GPA. Submitted mid-November. UR1 12/22 UR2 today.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:19 am

phillywc wrote:
dubster101 wrote:What's the conventional wisdom on not signing up for an interview if you were invited? Does it have a significantly negative impact on your chances of being offered admission? Even though the answer is probably an obvious "yes," does anyone have any anecdotal and/or concrete evidence that could clarify the exact degree of the impact?

No one has anecdotal evidence otherwise because no one is dumb enough to turn down the interview. Stop fucking around, skip.


But please try it and let us know how it goes. :)

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:42 am

sup_stan wrote:Just received an interview request at 7:13pm west coast time. wow I cannot believe they were working so late. I thought I was done for since I did not submit an addendum to explain a 10-pt score jump in LSAT, although the Chicago website clearly states that admission people would like to see one for huge jump.

Above 75th lsat and at median GPA. Submitted mid-November. UR1 12/22 UR2 today.


I'd prepare an answer for that in the event that it does come up.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google [Bot] and 5 guests