Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Finally got my apps in today! :D :D

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Had my interview today. Went pretty well, I think. Asked why law, and why law now? Mostly similar to questions already asked.

Is it bad that the interview only lasted 15 minutes?

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby berndie90 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:39 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Had my interview today. Went pretty well, I think. Asked why law, and why law now? Mostly similar to questions already asked.

Is it bad that the interview only lasted 15 minutes?


Mine only lasted 15 minutes as well, and it seemed to go great. I wouldn't worry about it!

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Do we have a sense of the average time between complete and UR?

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Luchi91 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm

Application went under review 11/19 and it has been under final review since 1/4.

They told me it's too late to receive an interview. I guess my personal statement and letters of rec were sufficiently telling, or they plan on rejecting me.

But if they wanted to reject me, would it take this long?

I hate that my GPA and LSAT are bad. I'm retaking it in February but unfortunately, my application cannot be on hold anymore.

6-8 weeks are up this week. A bit nervous

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:58 pm

They told me decisions would come out at the end of the month.. but I thought they wanted to interview everyone that they were considering accepting this year.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jingosaur » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm

anubis1911 wrote:They told me decisions would come out at the end of the month.. but I thought they wanted to interview everyone that they were considering accepting this year.


:shock:

I really hope this isn't the case.

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:10 pm

jingosaur wrote:
anubis1911 wrote:They told me decisions would come out at the end of the month.. but I thought they wanted to interview everyone that they were considering accepting this year.


:shock:

I really hope this isn't the case.


I've not seen anyone else mention anything like that.

Edit: From the UChi site:
I was not invited to interview. Does this negatively affect my chances of admission?
You should not read anything into whether you have been invited to interview. Some applicants will be admitted without an interview, and any outcome is possible after the interview. Being offered an interview does not mean that a candidate is guaranteed admission, nor does it mean that the Committee has questions about the applicant, or that the application is borderline.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Does anyone have any information on their interview plans this year? Is it like HLS? Or more of a case-by-case basis on who they interview?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 pm

I may be wrong, but I thought the people who get in w/o interviews tend to be those accepted late in the cycle.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Hmm. It's strange that according to the spreadsheet they have only interviewed 16% of applicants. I wonder if my formula is broken? (goes to check formula)

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Forgot to add my interview on the spreadsheet--done now.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 pm

drawstring wrote:Forgot to add my interview on the spreadsheet--done now.


Maybe that's the issue :lol: :D

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Hmm. It's strange that according to the spreadsheet they have only interviewed 16% of applicants. I wonder if my formula is broken? (goes to check formula)


so there're two spreadsheet for each school right? One in the Compendium thread and one in individual school's thread?

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
drawstring wrote:Forgot to add my interview on the spreadsheet--done now.


Maybe that's the issue :lol: :D

me too :oops:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:54 pm

bbkk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Hmm. It's strange that according to the spreadsheet they have only interviewed 16% of applicants. I wonder if my formula is broken? (goes to check formula)


so there're two spreadsheet for each school right? One in the Compendium thread and one in individual school's thread?


Hopefully they link to the same place.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Hmm. It's strange that according to the spreadsheet they have only interviewed 16% of applicants. I wonder if my formula is broken? (goes to check formula)


so there're two spreadsheet for each school right? One in the Compendium thread and one in individual school's thread?


Hopefully they link to the same place.


Hmmm I don't think so.... they seem to be different spreadsheets..


ETA: I checked T6, seems only SLS's two spreadsheets are not the same (Yale and Columbia do not have separate ones in their threads)
Last edited by bbkk on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Where are these magical spreadsheets everyone keeps talking about?! Sorry, new to this forum. Also you guys are intimidatingly intense...


User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:17 pm

bbkk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Hmm. It's strange that according to the spreadsheet they have only interviewed 16% of applicants. I wonder if my formula is broken? (goes to check formula)


so there're two spreadsheet for each school right? One in the Compendium thread and one in individual school's thread?


Hopefully they link to the same place.


Hmmm I don't think so.... they seem to be different spreadsheets..


When I click on the link "Vital Spreadsheet" in the OP, it takes me to the same spreadsheet that I have in the Compendium.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Second date change 1/3 and still no interview request. :(

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 pm

So if you've had a UR date change to 1/3 and you didn't get an interview, you won't get an interview? :cry:

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:19 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:Hmmm I don't think so.... they seem to be different spreadsheets..


When I click on the link "Vital Spreadsheet" in the OP, it takes me to the same spreadsheet that I have in the Compendium.


I don't know about the other threads but for Chicago they are one and the same.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 pm

The-Specs wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:Hmmm I don't think so.... they seem to be different spreadsheets..


When I click on the link "Vital Spreadsheet" in the OP, it takes me to the same spreadsheet that I have in the Compendium.


I don't know about the other threads but for Chicago they are one and the same.



Sorry i checked T6 again, and it seems only SLS has different ones.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:36 pm

bbkk wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
bbkk wrote:Hmmm I don't think so.... they seem to be different spreadsheets..


When I click on the link "Vital Spreadsheet" in the OP, it takes me to the same spreadsheet that I have in the Compendium.


I don't know about the other threads but for Chicago they are one and the same.



Sorry i checked T6 again, and it seems only SLS has different ones.


Okay, cool. I haven't been in the SLS thread (no chance, didn't apply) but I'm sure the OP would fix it if you let him/her know via PM.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”