Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Just got my interview request! So excited!!! Complete in late October and last update was 1/3 with everyone else. where are the interview tips again? Sorry for asking.


Here
kershka wrote:
alex.cm wrote:Just got invited to interview! I submitted 10/21, went under review 11/22, and had a status change 1/3.

If anyone has any suggestions for the interview I'd love to hear them!

Congrats! The best advice that I can give is to read this http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200887 if you haven't already. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the interview, but this thread really should cover all your bases.

Good luck!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:19 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Just got my interview request! So excited!!! Complete in late October and last update was 1/3 with everyone else. where are the interview tips again? Sorry for asking.


Also see the questions from charlie.black, which are most recently posted on page 26 of this thread.
Good luck! :D

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Just got my interview request! So excited!!! Complete in late October and last update was 1/3 with everyone else. where are the interview tips again? Sorry for asking.


Congrats! How many completes did you have?

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:just submitted last night and I realized today that I didn't put hours worked on my resume. I hope that's not an auto-ding :(


I submitted a few days before Christmas and I didn't even know I was supposed to put hours on my resume. I did fine. You'll be fine. Or at least it won't be the reason you get dinged.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:51 pm

can someone please PM me some of the questions they asked the interviewer? I have done some research but don't want to ask stupid questions... I'm not going to steal your ideas, I just need a template.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 20141023 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby berndie90 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Interview invitation last night and had my interview today! I was told to expect a decision in a few weeks, so we shouldn't be waiting much longer!

Completed my application in late Oct.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 pm

berndie90 wrote:Interview invitation last night and had my interview today! I was told to expect a decision in a few weeks, so we shouldn't be waiting much longer!

Completed my application in late Oct.


Did your interview follow the standard kinds of questions?

Congrats on being done with it! :)

libernation
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby libernation » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
berndie90 wrote:Interview invitation last night and had my interview today! I was told to expect a decision in a few weeks, so we shouldn't be waiting much longer!

Completed my application in late Oct.


Did your interview follow the standard kinds of questions?

Congrats on being done with it! :)


Mine did.

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby berndie90 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
berndie90 wrote:Interview invitation last night and had my interview today! I was told to expect a decision in a few weeks, so we shouldn't be waiting much longer!

Completed my application in late Oct.


Did your interview follow the standard kinds of questions?

Congrats on being done with it! :)


Yep, same with mine. All of the questions are what you've seen throughout this thread. Very laid back. Mine only lasted about 15 minutes.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:11 pm

What do you all think, does the snow-pocalypse hurt Chicago's yield this year?

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 pm

The-Specs wrote:What do you all think, does the snow-pocalypse hurt Chicago's yield this year?

Haha, if it did then it probably got almost the entire T14. Except for Cal, Stanford, Duke, and UVA, of course. We may never find New Haven again :D

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby berndie90 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:15 pm

kershka wrote:
The-Specs wrote:What do you all think, does the snow-pocalypse hurt Chicago's yield this year?

Haha, if it did then it probably got almost the entire T14. Except for Cal, Stanford, Duke, and UVA, of course. We may never find New Haven again :D


I definitely think about Berkeley a lot more longingly than if Snow-pocalypse didn't happen. Although I don't think it will sway me.

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby t14splitter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:16 pm

The-Specs wrote:What do you all think, does the snow-pocalypse hurt Chicago's yield this year?


People will probably just focus on that warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from getting a good job instead of the weather

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 pm

t14splitter wrote:
The-Specs wrote:What do you all think, does the snow-pocalypse hurt Chicago's yield this year?


People will probably just focus on that warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from getting a good job instead of the weather


berndie90 wrote:
kershka wrote:Haha, if it did then it probably got almost the entire T14. Except for Cal, Stanford, Duke, and UVA, of course. We may never find New Haven again :D


I definitely think about Berkeley a lot more longingly than if Snow-pocalypse didn't happen. Although I don't think it will sway me.


Yeah, I think you are all right, in the end, if it has any effect it will simply give a slight bump to Berkeley and Stanford.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:43 pm

The city looks disgusting right now, so if people are visiting they are probably going to be disappointed compared to other places where the snow melts off quicker. However, since no one RD has gotten in, visits haven't ramped up yet, so I expect it to be a non-issue by February when all of you start to show up :P

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:58 pm

2014 wrote:The city looks disgusting right now, so if people are visiting they are probably going to be disappointed compared to other places where the snow melts off quicker. However, since no one RD has gotten in, visits haven't ramped up yet, so I expect it to be a non-issue by February when all of you start to show up :P


This is the first night I have ever disliked Chicago. I stepped in about 20+ ice-filled puddles and there was nothing my shoes could do to stop the water from soaking my socks. The only think I hate worse than law students is wet socks.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:This is the first night I have ever disliked Chicago. I stepped in about 20+ ice-filled puddles and there was nothing my shoes could do to stop the water from soaking my socks. The only think I hate worse than law students is wet socks.

Same shit happened to me last night, I was meticulous about where I stepped all day and got a text or something so I made one wrong step and was done for.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 20141023 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Steveloblaw » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:32 pm

UR2 as of 1/10

OsaroLJ
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby OsaroLJ » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Steveloblaw wrote:UR2 as of 1/10

likewise

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm

OsaroLJ wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:UR2 as of 1/10

likewise


Me too! And I had my interview this week. Eiip!!

Edit: it's not UR2 for me, it's UR3 :?

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:07 pm

what is the appropriate answer to the following question for UChicago:
What would you do if not admitted in the fall?
a) Retake the LSAT and try again
b) Go and do something completely unrelated to law
c) Say that you are definitely going to law school, just maybe not UC

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:12 pm

anubis1911 wrote:what is the appropriate answer to the following question for UChicago:
What would you do if not admitted in the fall?
a) Retake the LSAT and try again
b) Go and do something completely unrelated to law
c) Say that you are definitely going to law school, just maybe not UC


Anything but B, IMO. I would probably emphasize that you are fully committed to going to law school. So if you don't get in to your targeted schools, you would retake the LSAT, get a(nother) year of work experience, save money etc., then reapply next year. The only answer that might hurt your chances is doing something totally different.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
anubis1911 wrote:what is the appropriate answer to the following question for UChicago:
What would you do if not admitted in the fall?
a) Retake the LSAT and try again
b) Go and do something completely unrelated to law
c) Say that you are definitely going to law school, just maybe not UC


Anything but B, IMO. I would probably emphasize that you are fully committed to going to law school. So if you don't get in to your targeted schools, you would retake the LSAT, get a(nother) year of work experience, save money etc., then reapply next year. The only answer that might hurt your chances is doing something totally different.

Thank you very much! This is why I love this site!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Keilz, RickyBunny, trohara14 and 16 guests