Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
ysjchang wrote:UR1 12/10/2013
UR2 01/03/2014

Who else had the status change today?


Same here, applied around the same time.


OMG are you coming to chicago?

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Does anyone have an interview this monday or tuesday? I'm curious if the first day of interviews next week is Wednesday. PM me if you want :)

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Gary wrote:Does anyone have an interview this monday or tuesday? I'm curious if the first day of interviews next week is Wednesday. PM me if you want :)


Wednesday was the first available day when I checked :)

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Gary » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:51 pm

emmybee wrote:
Gary wrote:Does anyone have an interview this monday or tuesday? I'm curious if the first day of interviews next week is Wednesday. PM me if you want :)


Wednesday was the first available day when I checked :)


Thanks!! and goodluck on your interview!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Gary wrote:
emmybee wrote:
Gary wrote:Does anyone have an interview this monday or tuesday? I'm curious if the first day of interviews next week is Wednesday. PM me if you want :)


Wednesday was the first available day when I checked :)


Thanks!! and goodluck on your interview!


Right back atcha Gary!

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Balthy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Should I be worried that I haven't been invited to an interview yet? Went complete over a month ago and I think I've had 3 date changes.

I is sad:(

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby beepboopbeep » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:36 pm

superdingle2000 wrote:Should I be worried that I haven't been invited to an interview yet? Went complete over a month ago and I think I've had 3 date changes.

I is sad:(


Submitted 12/15 or so last cycle.

Interviewed in July, admitted in August. It happens.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fivestarfolds » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:50 pm

btw, U of C cancelled all of its classes tomorrow and gave all profs the day off. I've never had a snow day in my academic career so I was surprised to see them do this.

I wouldn't expect anything to be happening tomorrow in the admissions office. I'm gonna attempt to have a status checker free snow day.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Balthy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:Should I be worried that I haven't been invited to an interview yet? Went complete over a month ago and I think I've had 3 date changes.

I is sad:(


Submitted 12/15 or so last cycle.

Interviewed in July, admitted in August. It happens.



Wow, that must have been rough.

On a related note, if a few more weeks pass without a decision or interview request, should I send a LOCI? I think typically people send them after they've been waitlisted, but I might be feeling a little desperate (and really want to attend Chicago).

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:btw, U of C cancelled all of its classes tomorrow and gave all profs the day off. I've never had a snow day in my academic career so I was surprised to see them do this.

I wouldn't expect anything to be happening tomorrow in the admissions office. I'm gonna attempt to have a status checker free snow day.

We were told the law school will be locked and no students or faculty are allowed in the building, so it's very unlikely there's movement tomorrow :P

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Steveloblaw » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm interviewing tomorrow, 3:30 central. I scheduled it about a month ago, and there were only a few slots still available

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jdapplicant » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 am

superdingle2000 wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:Should I be worried that I haven't been invited to an interview yet? Went complete over a month ago and I think I've had 3 date changes.

I is sad:(


Submitted 12/15 or so last cycle.

Interviewed in July, admitted in August. It happens.



Wow, that must have been rough.

On a related note, if a few more weeks pass without a decision or interview request, should I send a LOCI? I think typically people send them after they've been waitlisted, but I might be feeling a little desperate (and really want to attend Chicago).


I'm curious about this as well

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 am

Steveloblaw wrote:I'm interviewing tomorrow, 3:30 central. I scheduled it about a month ago, and there were only a few slots still available


This is surprising. Have they not said anything about rescheduling?

I guess since it's over Skype, they can just do it from their house even if they don't go into the office.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NapoleonXV » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:56 am

midwest17 wrote:
Steveloblaw wrote:I'm interviewing tomorrow, 3:30 central. I scheduled it about a month ago, and there were only a few slots still available


This is surprising. Have they not said anything about rescheduling?

I guess since it's over Skype, they can just do it from their house even if they don't go into the office.


I would guess the same. a friend of mine did JS1 a couple of days ago, and the interviewer did it from her house.

Michigan1442
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Michigan1442 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 am

Nooblarzlarz wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:
ysjchang wrote:UR1 12/10/2013
UR2 01/03/2014

Who else had the status change today?


Same here, applied around the same time.

UR1 12/24
UR2 1/3



Also UR1 12/24 and UR2 1/3. Maybe we are in the splitter pile? Haha

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

Anyone else get a UR date change over the weekend? What could it mean :shock:

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby goldgirl786 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:49 am

lastsamurai wrote:Anyone else get a UR date change over the weekend? What could it mean :shock:


I did...changed to 1/4/14...no clue what it could mean, ugh

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:50 am

have those of you with a status change had your interview yet?

User avatar
mylifeis24
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby mylifeis24 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:52 am

HarvardHopeful wrote:have those of you with a status change had your interview yet?


I interviewed 1/3 with a status change right after. Then I had another change 1/4.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm

+1

thestatusguo
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thestatusguo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Interviewing today at 1 Central! Just got added on Skype so it looks like we're still on.

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby t14splitter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:08 pm

thestatusguo wrote:Interviewing today at 1 Central! Just got added on Skype so it looks like we're still on.


Good luck!

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:have those of you with a status change had your interview yet?

I had a status change 1/3, and that's the first movement I've had, no correspondence since I went complete.

PREXPRESS
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby PREXPRESS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Status change on 1/3. I'm hoping this is a good sign? Anyone have any info on that?

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Steveloblaw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah Chicago reached out and said the interview today is still on...impressed they're working today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nathjf and 5 guests