Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 pm

It depends on how badly you want to be accepted. This interview coul very well be life-changing. I would make it work. Whatever you have on the 18th can be put off. I would sell my soul if it made sure making the interview.

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby rigoding » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 pm

anubis1911 wrote:It depends on how badly you want to be accepted. This interview coul very well be life-changing. I would make it work. Whatever you have on the 18th can be put off. I would sell my soul if it made sure making the interview.


I think I might ditch work. It just seems unfair that they only give me two days to schedule. What do you think it means?

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Happy Gilmore » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:04 am

BentleyLittle wrote:It looks like ED heard back Thursday 12/20 last year. Is it safe to assume that there is a good chance ED decisions will come out at the end of the week? Also, LOL'd at "son of famous politician under softs.


What is more depressing is that this "son of a famous politician" got in with 166/3.2

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:41 am

midwest17 wrote:Has anyone with a complete date in December gone under review yet?


just went recently and I was around Thanksgiving.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 20141023 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:49 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Happy Gilmore » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Happy Gilmore wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:It looks like ED heard back Thursday 12/20 last year. Is it safe to assume that there is a good chance ED decisions will come out at the end of the week? Also, LOL'd at "son of famous politician under softs.

What is more depressing is that this "son of a famous politician" got in with 166/3.2

Hahaha that was probably some more trolling by this guy. I doubt a non-URM got into UChicago with a 166/3.2 no matter how famous their parents are.


Your probably right. I bet rubenstein's second cousin could get in with a 140 though.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:24 am

rigoding wrote:
anubis1911 wrote:It depends on how badly you want to be accepted. This interview coul very well be life-changing. I would make it work. Whatever you have on the 18th can be put off. I would sell my soul if it made sure making the interview.


I think I might ditch work. It just seems unfair that they only give me two days to schedule. What do you think it means?


I would call the admissions office. I have a feeling this computer glich/mistake. I don't see any reason why they would give everyone else 2 weeks and you 2 days. This is definitely not a case of you bugging them, but really a legitimate question.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 am

andapieceoftoast wrote:
rigoding wrote:
anubis1911 wrote:It depends on how badly you want to be accepted. This interview coul very well be life-changing. I would make it work. Whatever you have on the 18th can be put off. I would sell my soul if it made sure making the interview.


I think I might ditch work. It just seems unfair that they only give me two days to schedule. What do you think it means?


I would call the admissions office. I have a feeling this computer glich/mistake. I don't see any reason why they would give everyone else 2 weeks and you 2 days. This is definitely not a case of you bugging them, but really a legitimate question.


Yeah, it can't hurt to call; two day notice is fairly unreasonable. Although if I were you I would be trying to do it ASAP anyway. The sooner you do the interview the sooner they can make a decision while there are more seats available.

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jdapplicant » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Have RD applicants been getting interviews as well, or has it only been ED applicants? I applied RD in September so I'm not sure if the silent treatment I've been getting is something I should be really worried about. Sorry if that has already been covered, I haven't been able to keep up with TLS while traveling.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NapoleonXV » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:31 pm

jdapplicant wrote:Have RD applicants been getting interviews as well, or has it only been ED applicants? I applied RD in September so I'm not sure if the silent treatment I've been getting is something I should be really worried about. Sorry if that has already been covered, I haven't been able to keep up with TLS while traveling.


I am RD applied mid-Sept and got an interview invite a couple of weeks ago

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Applied RD late October and got an interview invite a few days ago.

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby orangec90 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 am

holy moly how has this not been discovered yet? i'm a creeper. uchicago admissions twitter, which says when it's going to release interview invites, etc. --> https://twitter.com/UChicagoLawApps

JDeezy
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby JDeezy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 pm

ED Applicant here.

Let's all provide some healthy rampant speculation on whether or not we will hear today.

As an optimist, I say yes.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:20 pm

JDeezy wrote:ED Applicant here.

Let's all provide some healthy rampant speculation on whether or not we will hear today.

As an optimist, I say yes.


Did you interview? This is about when EDers heard back last year according to last years thread.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 0913djp » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 pm

JDeezy wrote:ED Applicant here.

Let's all provide some healthy rampant speculation on whether or not we will hear today.

As an optimist, I say yes.


As a pessimist, I believe it will be Monday.

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby UnicornHunter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 pm

JDeezy wrote:ED Applicant here.

Let's all provide some healthy rampant speculation on whether or not we will hear today.

As an optimist, I say yes.


Last year, they pre-announced ED decisions on twitter... I see no tweet, so I think no decision. For what it's worth, they've been tweeting once a week- on Friday- so far this month. If I were a betting man, I'd go all in on decisions tomorrow.

captainamerica18
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby captainamerica18 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm still holding on to hope for today. Last year, the twitter handle did not tweet that they would be rolling out ED decisions until 3:40pm.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I was starting to get worried about my lack-of interview request, but from the looks of the spreadsheet I'm still good based on my timeline.

EJL123
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby EJL123 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Hoping for some ED closure by the end of the week (or at least by Monday).

At least with the outcome of the decision known (aka anticipated rejection), I can finally switch gears onto other schools.

User avatar
eliminatorjr
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby eliminatorjr » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:43 pm

EJL123 wrote:Hoping for some ED closure by the end of the week (or at least by Monday).

At least with the outcome of the decision known (aka anticipated rejection), I can finally switch gears onto other schools.


Real talk.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:46 am

Still no interview request yet, but I shall remain optimistic.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 am

applelover wrote:Still no interview request yet, but I shall remain optimistic.


When did you go under review?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:36 am

lawschool22 wrote:
applelover wrote:Still no interview request yet, but I shall remain optimistic.


When did you go under review?


12/6

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 am

Has anyone e-mailed the office this cycle? I have a question and am trying to figure out if its better to e-mail or call them.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 0913djp » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Status updated to today. Let the waiting begin.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”