Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bear22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bear22 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 am

I submitted late Oct, am a splitter (173/3.5x) and EDing, but haven't gotten an interview yet. I'm screwed :(

KingMe
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby KingMe » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am

Had my interview yesterday. It was a really nice experience. The interviewer, Mr. Chisholm, was pleasant and put me pretty well at ease. I did not do much preparation other than my initial research on Chicago, because I prefer to have a more natural conversation. That said, one never can truly tell how they are being perceived on the other end. Lasted about 20 minutes. The questions are of the sort typical of most any interview.

I really like and respect what Chicago is all about and, obviously, fingers are crossed.

For those interested, I submitted very early and was invited to the interview on Monday like most others. RD.

doing_it_in_a_car
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doing_it_in_a_car » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 pm

has anyone gone under review twice without receiving an interview request? is this a bad sign?

bear22
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bear22 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

I've gone under twice review, and no interview. I'm not sure what these means, though as a pessimist I think we are doomed.

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Humbert Humbert » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

KingMe wrote:Had my interview yesterday. It was a really nice experience. The interviewer, Mr. Chisholm, was pleasant and put me pretty well at ease. I did not do much preparation other than my initial research on Chicago, because I prefer to have a more natural conversation. That said, one never can truly tell how they are being perceived on the other end. Lasted about 20 minutes. The questions are of the sort typical of most any interview.

I really like and respect what Chicago is all about and, obviously, fingers are crossed.

For those interested, I submitted very early and was invited to the interview on Monday like most others. RD.


Cool, congrats. Any oddball questions you weren't expecting?

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:
2014 wrote:
Happy Gilmore wrote:How many people does Chicago make interview? Must all accepted people interview?

According to last year no, but it seemed like the vast majority of the pre-ASW admits were interviewed.


so being a splitter it's a bad sign if you haven't been invited to interview? I submitted mid-nov so doubt i'll see movement soon, but just wondering

It's not a bad sign until other people who submitted after you have been invited.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby The-Specs » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Good morning everyone. :)

Also had my interview yesterday. If felt much more like a typical job interview than the JS1. I felt like it went well but really who knows. Really straight forward questions though I was surprised by the background questions, that is why your UG, why your major? I didn't feel like they were hard to answer has i had very specific reasons for doing what i did but I was surprised they asked them.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting!

baconwrapped
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby baconwrapped » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

.
Last edited by baconwrapped on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:13 pm

when did you guys submit (those of you who got interviews)?

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Humbert Humbert » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:when did you guys submit (those of you who got interviews)?


Early Sept. for me.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Has anyone been invited for an interview that went complete after 10/25? My latest update was 11/22.

User avatar
charlie.black
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby charlie.black » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Reporting back on the interview. No surprise questions. Seems the standard selection is:

Why undergrad X?

Why major X?

Why law school?

What would you do if you were not attending law school next Fall?

What do you look for in a law school?

What person most influenced your decision to go to law school?

What personal accomplishment are you most proud of?

How would your friends/classmates describe you?

(opportunity to ask questions)

Good luck all!!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for that charlie!

User avatar
charlie.black
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby charlie.black » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:08 pm

drawstring wrote:Thanks for that charlie!


Of course :)

KingMe
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby KingMe » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Humbert,

Sorry for the delay my friend. No oddball questions at all, very similar to what was posted above. I think the thing I was most surprised by, if anything, was his beginning question regarding my academic career and choice of major. That was a bit different than other law interviews I've had.

In general, I really think it's perfectly acceptable to take a few seconds and think before talking. Some questions might surprise, but don't compound the issue by talking immediately and hurriedly without some thought beforehand.

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Humbert Humbert » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 pm

KingMe wrote:Humbert,

Sorry for the delay my friend. No oddball questions at all, very similar to what was posted above. I think the thing I was most surprised by, if anything, was his beginning question regarding my academic career and choice of major. That was a bit different than other law interviews I've had.

In general, I really think it's perfectly acceptable to take a few seconds and think before talking. Some questions might surprise, but don't compound the issue by talking immediately and hurriedly without some thought beforehand.


Thanks! And good luck.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Does Chicago accept letters after submission? I have a professor who graduated from Chicago who wants to write a letter tailored to them. Would they accept such a recommendation letter? Or would it not make a difference?

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:45 pm

anubis1911 wrote:Does Chicago accept letters after submission? I have a professor who graduated from Chicago who wants to write a letter tailored to them. Would they accept such a recommendation letter? Or would it not make a difference?

They are fairly strict about additions to your application. Just for reference, did your prof go to the college or to the law school?

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 pm

He received his P.H.D. from there

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 am

anubis1911 wrote:He received his P.H.D. from there


Call and ask

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:04 pm

UR as of today. Submitted early November.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Went under review Today, but I know they're going to ding me because I forgot to out the hours of activities on my actual resume.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:55 pm

I did too! But earlier in the thread people were saying it could be overcome if the rest of your app is strong. Did you ED?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 pm

applelover wrote:Went under review Today, but I know they're going to ding me because I forgot to out the hours of activities on my actual resume.


I did this too. Stupid me for not closely reading the directions. Oh well. I'm in at one of my higher choices so I'm a little less worried about Chicago now, although I would love to have the option.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Also missed the hours on my resume but it seems rather trivial, especially given that there is a separate employment form that includes hours.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Assasindowntheavenue, Baby Gaga, christinaxcarrie, Google [Bot], hammy393, joezze, Kungfu Wontons, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie, notausername, Photomike2, root_beer, wishywashy and 38 guests