midwest17 wrote:Since I've seen a lot of questions about this lately, here is my best understanding of the status checker journey for people who are admitted:
- Application Received
- Application Complete (you get an email for this)
- Application Under Review (UR 1) <- indicates first committee review of your file
- (OPTIONAL) Application Under Review (UR 1.5) <- I did not receive this step, but I believe some people did
- Invited for Interview
- Application Under Review (UR 2) <- generally immediately after your interview, indicates that the interview is done
- Application Under Review (UR 3) <- indicates second committee review of your file
- Application Under Review (UR 4) <- most (all?) people get this in the days leading up to decisions being released. Both waves of decisions this year have been on Tuesday; UR4s have started on Friday and continued on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. As far as I know, getting UR 4 happens whether you're getting admitted, WL'd, or dinged in the wave.
Hope this is helpful to people.
putting this in the what to expect thread