Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Straightgrain08
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Straightgrain08 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm

yomisterd wrote:All I wanted was an interview request Chicago... *sigh*

On an unrelated note, is the interview necessary in order to get accepted? Asking for a friend who was too lazy to use Forum Search.



I too am awaiting a interview request...or really anything at this point. From the discussion here it is highly likely that an interview is required for admission. (This is also based on people who disregard the interview request getting WL)

What are your dates?

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Accepted today via email. Interview early Feb. Congrats to all the admits and sorry about the dings.

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby cotiger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:11 pm

In!!

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Straightgrain08 wrote:
yomisterd wrote:All I wanted was an interview request Chicago... *sigh*

On an unrelated note, is the interview necessary in order to get accepted? Asking for a friend who was too lazy to use Forum Search.



I too am awaiting a interview request...or really anything at this point. From the discussion here it is highly likely that an interview is required for admission. (This is also based on people who disregard the interview request getting WL)

What are your dates?

An interview is not required for admission. They're trying to start an interview system similar to Harvard's where it would be a necessary condition for acceptance but as of last year, a large portion of the class was admitted without ever having interviewed. It is probably a smaller number that will be admitted sans interview this year-- they've sent interview requests to more people-- but it is by no means a set requirement.

That being said, if you are offered an interview, not accepting it (excepting extreme circumstances such as being military personnel currently abroad) is a sign that you aren't that interested in attending and could hurt your chances of admissions.

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yomisterd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:15 pm

kershka wrote:
Straightgrain08 wrote:
yomisterd wrote:All I wanted was an interview request Chicago... *sigh*

On an unrelated note, is the interview necessary in order to get accepted? Asking for a friend who was too lazy to use Forum Search.



I too am awaiting a interview request...or really anything at this point. From the discussion here it is highly likely that an interview is required for admission. (This is also based on people who disregard the interview request getting WL)

What are your dates?

An interview is not required for admission. They're trying to start an interview system similar to Harvard's where it would be a necessary condition for acceptance but as of last year, a large portion of the class was admitted without ever having interviewed. It is probably a smaller number that will be admitted sans interview this year-- they've sent interview requests to more people-- but it is by no means a set requirement.

That being said, if you are offered an interview, not accepting it (excepting extreme circumstances such as being military personnel currently abroad) is a sign that you aren't that interested in attending and could hurt your chances of admissions.


tyft

Straightgrain08
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Straightgrain08 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 pm

kershka wrote:
Straightgrain08 wrote:
yomisterd wrote:All I wanted was an interview request Chicago... *sigh*

On an unrelated note, is the interview necessary in order to get accepted? Asking for a friend who was too lazy to use Forum Search.



I too am awaiting a interview request...or really anything at this point. From the discussion here it is highly likely that an interview is required for admission. (This is also based on people who disregard the interview request getting WL)

What are your dates?

An interview is not required for admission. They're trying to start an interview system similar to Harvard's where it would be a necessary condition for acceptance but as of last year, a large portion of the class was admitted without ever having interviewed. It is probably a smaller number that will be admitted sans interview this year-- they've sent interview requests to more people-- but it is by no means a set requirement.

That being said, if you are offered an interview, not accepting it (excepting extreme circumstances such as being military personnel currently abroad) is a sign that you aren't that interested in attending and could hurt your chances of admissions.



As I was, thanks for the correction. I guess I'm just getting frustrated at the waiting haha. I feel like they are toying with me.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 pm

kershka wrote:
Straightgrain08 wrote:
yomisterd wrote:All I wanted was an interview request Chicago... *sigh*

On an unrelated note, is the interview necessary in order to get accepted? Asking for a friend who was too lazy to use Forum Search.



I too am awaiting a interview request...or really anything at this point. From the discussion here it is highly likely that an interview is required for admission. (This is also based on people who disregard the interview request getting WL)

What are your dates?

An interview is not required for admission. They're trying to start an interview system similar to Harvard's where it would be a necessary condition for acceptance but as of last year, a large portion of the class was admitted without ever having interviewed. It is probably a smaller number that will be admitted sans interview this year-- they've sent interview requests to more people-- but it is by no means a set requirement.

That being said, if you are offered an interview, not accepting it (excepting extreme circumstances such as being military personnel currently abroad) is a sign that you aren't that interested in attending and could hurt your chances of admissions.


AFAIK most of the people from the c/o 2016 who didn't interview are deferrals from the previous cycle. I know a few people who neither deferred nor interviewed but they were all admitted very late in the cycle.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:32 pm

alllaweverything wrote:
China Spy wrote:I just want to go under review :lol: :cry: :lol:


+1


+1

CONGRATS to the new admits, especially Scoobers & bom!!!!!!!!

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bhs12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:04 am

bbkk wrote:
alllaweverything wrote:
China Spy wrote:I just want to go under review :lol: :cry: :lol:


+1


+1

CONGRATS to the new admits, especially Scoobers & bom!!!!!!!!


+1

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:49 pm

In as well. So when they say scholarship info will be released within the month, does that mean they'll send each of us an initial offer? If I didn't get a Ruby in the initial email, am I out of contention at this point?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Nooblarzlarz wrote:In as well. So when they say scholarship info will be released within the month, does that mean they'll send each of us an initial offer? If I didn't get a Ruby in the initial email, am I out of contention at this point?


No, that means they'll send you something within a month lol. No one has gotten a Ruby with their initial acceptance (as far as the TLS overlords know, at least).

User avatar
admiringatticus
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby admiringatticus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:14 pm

So for those of us with interviews in the next week, when should we expect the next wave of acceptances to be? End of March?

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Just had my interview. Felt like I bombed it, but trying to stay optimistic. I would love to go here so hopefully my interviewer saw something special in me lol

Pau.C.
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Pau.C. » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 pm

.
Last edited by Pau.C. on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:44 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Nooblarzlarz wrote:In as well. So when they say scholarship info will be released within the month, does that mean they'll send each of us an initial offer? If I didn't get a Ruby in the initial email, am I out of contention at this point?


No, that means they'll send you something within a month lol. No one has gotten a Ruby with their initial acceptance (as far as the TLS overlords know, at least).

Cool and thanks!

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:09 pm

congrats to all the admits today!!

I've been complete for nearly a month and still no UR yet and not a peep from any of my other status checkers in the past three weeks either. This is absolute agony. I just want to see some movement plz

User avatar
calle_25
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby calle_25 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Checking in! Complete 1/29 and finally UR1 today 2/26.

Congrats to all the new admits!

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bhs12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

calle_25 wrote:Checking in! Complete 1/29 and finally UR1 today 2/26.

Congrats to all the new admits!


Ditto... Hopefully at this point in the cycle things will move along faster than they did for the last wave...

User avatar
residentemma
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby residentemma » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Has anyone reported an acceptance without an interview yet? Noticed this in the acceptance email: We are so excited for you to join our community here at Chicago and are grateful for the opportunity to have already met you through our interviewing program.

I'm just picturing them having to filter their admits by whether they received an interview or not, and send a different batch of acceptance emails without that line included. Maybe I'm just suuuuper lazy but that sounds annoying.

dlrbfl
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dlrbfl » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Got the acceptance email yesterday :)
My interview was tragic (it lasted only 9 mins) and since I'm an international student I was expecting to be dinged right away.
So those of you who bombed the interview, stay optimistic!!

edit: interviewed in late January

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bbkk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 pm

dlrbfl wrote:Got the acceptance email yesterday :)
My interview was tragic (it lasted only 9 mins) and since I'm an international student I was expecting to be dinged right away.
So those of you who bombed the interview, stay optimistic!!

edit: interviewed in late January


Congrats! Maybe you didn't bomb your interview after all.

Btw, do you mind sharing your stats pls?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:31 pm

dlrbfl wrote:Got the acceptance email yesterday :)
My interview was tragic (it lasted only 9 mins) and since I'm an international student I was expecting to be dinged right away.
So those of you who bombed the interview, stay optimistic!!

edit: interviewed in late January

This seems to be a common theme. Chicago is really adept at making applicants feel like their interviews were awful.

User avatar
dobryden
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dobryden » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
dlrbfl wrote:Got the acceptance email yesterday :)
My interview was tragic (it lasted only 9 mins) and since I'm an international student I was expecting to be dinged right away.
So those of you who bombed the interview, stay optimistic!!

edit: interviewed in late January

This seems to be a common theme. Chicago is really adept at making applicants feel like their interviews were awful.


ABSOLUTELY. I got off Skype after my interview convinced that not only did I not get into their school, but I also would never want to go there after such a cold and unpleasant experience. I wish I had known then that the interviews are not all very personable, but the people at Chicago are, and that a cold interview doesn't mean that they don't like you.

If Chicago could change one thing about their admissions process, I wish it was to make their interviews more conversational.

dlrbfl
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dlrbfl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 am

bbkk wrote:
dlrbfl wrote:Got the acceptance email yesterday :)
My interview was tragic (it lasted only 9 mins) and since I'm an international student I was expecting to be dinged right away.
So those of you who bombed the interview, stay optimistic!!

edit: interviewed in late January


Congrats! Maybe you didn't bomb your interview after all.

Btw, do you mind sharing your stats pls?


no problem! :)

171/superior
k-jd with nothing special

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:25 am

residentemma wrote:Has anyone reported an acceptance without an interview yet? Noticed this in the acceptance email: We are so excited for you to join our community here at Chicago and are grateful for the opportunity to have already met you through our interviewing program.

I'm just picturing them having to filter their admits by whether they received an interview or not, and send a different batch of acceptance emails without that line included. Maybe I'm just suuuuper lazy but that sounds annoying.


No one has gotten in without an interview.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”