Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AFP » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
Leo wrote:Just for fun, here are some useless statistics.
========
The general breakdown of the TLS applicant pool by medians is as follows:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 18%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 49%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 15%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 18%

Interestingly, about half of the applicants represented on TLS are above median in LSAT and below median in GPA (ie, splitters).
========
For each group, here is the percentage that have received interview requests so far (eg, 31% of the applicants represented on TLS who are below both medians have received interview requests so far):

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 31%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 38%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 54%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 34%

This data is also very interesting because it suggests that UChi favors reverse splitters, which is supported by the acceptance statistics (see below).
========
The average wait time, in days from complete, for those who have received interview requests so far is as follows:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 46.7
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 61.3
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 49.2
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 59.3

As you can see, UChi takes its time sending out interview requests, so be patient. Also, if, for example, you are below both medians and haven't heard anything for more than 46.7 days, don't freak out--this data is based on what has happened so far and may not be a good indicator of what will ultimately transpire.
========
Here is the percentage of those who interviewed that have been accepted so far:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 11%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 40%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 54%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 70%

And here is the percentage of those who applied that have been accepted so far:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 7%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 19%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 38%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 31%

The percentage of those who interviewed that have been accepted so far appears fairly low, which suggests that there are a lot more acceptances coming down the pipe.

Enjoy!


Chicago's median is 170, no?


http://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/file/ ... 013-14.pdf

Looks like it. LSN lists it as 171, though.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 pm

AFP wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
Leo wrote:Just for fun, here are some useless statistics.
========
The general breakdown of the TLS applicant pool by medians is as follows:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 18%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 49%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 15%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 18%

Interestingly, about half of the applicants represented on TLS are above median in LSAT and below median in GPA (ie, splitters).
========
For each group, here is the percentage that have received interview requests so far (eg, 31% of the applicants represented on TLS who are below both medians have received interview requests so far):

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 31%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 38%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 54%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 34%

This data is also very interesting because it suggests that UChi favors reverse splitters, which is supported by the acceptance statistics (see below).
========
The average wait time, in days from complete, for those who have received interview requests so far is as follows:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 46.7
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 61.3
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 49.2
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 59.3

As you can see, UChi takes its time sending out interview requests, so be patient. Also, if, for example, you are below both medians and haven't heard anything for more than 46.7 days, don't freak out--this data is based on what has happened so far and may not be a good indicator of what will ultimately transpire.
========
Here is the percentage of those who interviewed that have been accepted so far:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 11%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 40%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 54%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 70%

And here is the percentage of those who applied that have been accepted so far:

    GPA<3.90 / LSAT<171 = 7%
    GPA<3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 19%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT<171 = 38%
    GPA≥3.90 / LSAT≥171 = 31%

The percentage of those who interviewed that have been accepted so far appears fairly low, which suggests that there are a lot more acceptances coming down the pipe.

Enjoy!


Chicago's median is 170, no?


http://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/file/ ... 013-14.pdf

Looks like it. LSN lists it as 171, though.


LSN usually has outdated or incorrect medians and school profiles from what I've seen. At the moment, HYSCCN are only 170+ median schools, with Columbia at 171, and Chicago and NYU at 170.

jus8
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jus8 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:24 pm

UR 2/14 ->2/18 no interview request...doomed?

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:37 pm

jus8 wrote:UR 2/14 ->2/18 no interview request...doomed?


I was pushing for this sort of info yesterday in the thread. I'm UR2 2/9, no interview invite (yet).

Leo's post addresses our concerns in part. On one-hand, they indicate that interview requests are rarer at this point than TLS indicates, and that below median applications work differently than the average TLS applicant. Further, he indicates that the average wait from complete to interview request for below median applicants is 47 days.

On the other hand, there was a round of interview requests yesterday (which we both theoretically were eligible for with our UR2s). So, I understand you're concern, and I am not overly optimistic.

However, there is hope. Keep it alive, and trudge on.
Last edited by yossarian on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
logical seasoning
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby logical seasoning » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Anyone else still stuck at UR 1/29? No interview request, and I dont have great numbers, so I fear the worst...

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:04 pm

logical seasoning wrote:Anyone else still stuck at UR 1/29? No interview request, and I dont have great numbers, so I fear the worst...


Was UR 1/29, went UR2 2/9. No interview invite, also with poor numbers. I don't know that anything at this point is very predictive.

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm still waiting to go UR and I've been complete for a month now. :|

User avatar
logical seasoning
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby logical seasoning » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Anyone else still stuck at UR 1/29? No interview request, and I dont have great numbers, so I fear the worst...

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kenwash » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

fkt18 wrote:I'm still waiting to go UR and I've been complete for a month now. :|

It took me 5-6 weeks to go UR, so don't worry!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

fkt18 wrote:I'm still waiting to go UR and I've been complete for a month now. :|


I was over a month from submit to UR1. Early December submit w/ early January complete date.

jus8
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jus8 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
jus8 wrote:UR 2/14 ->2/18 no interview request...doomed?


I was pushing for this sort of info yesterday in the thread. I'm UR2 2/9, no interview invite (yet).

Leo's post addresses our concerns in part. On one-hand, they indicate that interview requests are rarer at this point than TLS indicates, and that below median applications work differently than the average TLS applicant. Further, he indicates that the average wait from complete to interview request for below median applicants is 47 days.

On the other hand, there was a round of interview requests yesterday (which we both theoretically were eligible for with our UR2s). So, I understand you're concern, and I am not overly optimistic.

However, there is hope. Keep it alive, and trudge on.


Good to hear - good luck to all of us! I'm a splitter so ...fingers crossed they'll need an extra LSAT...

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Okay, now I'm getting a little antsy.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:26 pm

applelover wrote:Okay, now I'm getting a little antsy.


Under review 19 days now post interview.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Under review 21 days post interview.

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AFP » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 pm

applelover wrote:Under review 21 days post interview.


25.

User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Trig » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 pm

AFP wrote:
applelover wrote:Under review 21 days post interview.


25.

It updated today? So this would be the second one after the interview date itself?

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AFP » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Trig wrote:
AFP wrote:
applelover wrote:Under review 21 days post interview.


25.

It updated today? So this would be the second one after the interview date itself?


Wait, no, I'm stupid. I thought we were complaining about the amount of time that had lapsed since out last post-interview UR change.

californiauser
Posts: 1182
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:38 pm

UR1 2/10, anyone know when I should expect UR2, interview follows shortly after UR2, right?

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby paglababa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm

AFP wrote:
Trig wrote:
AFP wrote:
applelover wrote:Under review 21 days post interview.


25.

It updated today? So this would be the second one after the interview date itself?


Wait, no, I'm stupid. I thought we were complaining about the amount of time that had lapsed since out last post-interview UR change.


Yea my status is under review since 2/1

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby applelover » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:42 pm

AFP wrote:
Trig wrote:
AFP wrote:
applelover wrote:Under review 21 days post interview.


25.

It updated today? So this would be the second one after the interview date itself?


Wait, no, I'm stupid. I thought we were complaining about the amount of time that had lapsed since out last post-interview UR change.


That's what I was doing.

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AFP » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:45 pm

applelover wrote:That's what I was doing.


Ok, good. I have no idea what Trig meant.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Sorry to break it to you guys, but I have it on pretty good authority that the next round of decisions isn't until next week. PM for info.

User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Trig » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm

AFP wrote:
applelover wrote:That's what I was doing.


Ok, good. I have no idea what Trig meant.

Sorry. I misread while TLSing in class.

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:47 pm

californiauser wrote:UR1 2/10, anyone know when I should expect UR2, interview follows shortly after UR2, right?


I went straight from UR1 to interview invite.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Chicago c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Sorry to break it to you guys, but I have it on pretty good authority that the next round of decisions isn't until next week. PM for info.


Thanks for the info.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, hopes&dreams and 17 guests