Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Considering withdrawing w/ full scholly. Skeptical about reputation and job placement. While I'm leaning towards PI, I'm still not 100% sold on what area I want to practice in. I got into Northwestern and I think that might be better if I want to keep my options open. Idk....

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby sd5289 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Considering withdrawing w/ full scholly. Skeptical about reputation and job placement. While I'm leaning towards PI, I'm still not 100% sold on what area I want to practice in. I got into Northwestern and I think that might be better if I want to keep my options open. Idk....


a) How uncertain are you? If you're in the "yeah probably PI but I'm not exactly sure where in PI," then Cardozo remains a good option because we place really well across the PI sector. If it's more of a "not sure if I'd do PI or if I got that 2L SA and subsequent offer that I'd take that," then no, Cardozo's not the best option.

b) But, $$$$ from NU? NU's solid, but expensive. The nice thing about my full ride here is that it doesn't matter if tuition creeps up $1K per year, it's covered.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Withdrawing and throwing a good chunk of money back in the pot. Good luck everyone.

JKrolRU
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby JKrolRU » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Just got Waitlisted here today, this is my top choice too. I sent Cardozo an email notifying them to consider me for the May Part-time day program and to remain on the waitlist for full time, any idea how long it will take for a decision to be made for the may part time program?

pearlmsk
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby pearlmsk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Whatsup y'all

Just found out today I got into Cardozo for the May program. Graduated from Vanderbilt in 2013 and, aside from coaching Crossfit and studying, haven't done much this year school wise / work wise-- figured heading to school earlier would help ease the transition. *If I end up going, which I think will happen*

Anyone else starting in May?

Congrats to everyone who got in to both programs and good luck to everyone that was waitlisted.

Stella77
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby Stella77 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Guys, whats going on with all this talk about Yeshiva/Cardozo having serious financial problems??? Also another company bought their debt I guess. Doesn't sound good to me. Are you guys worried about this or no?

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby dreamofNYC » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:14 am

I applied yesterday to the May start program with:
LSAT: 163
LSAC GPA: 3.8
6 years work experience (as paralegal / project manager) in private equity.
int'l student (permanent resident)

is it too late in the game to expect scholarship?

is it too late in the game, period? thanks all!

(got into Fordham, no scholarship)
Last edited by dreamofNYC on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

CCM4
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby CCM4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Got wait listed today. Accepted to be on the wait list for the full-time in the Fall. Hoping there are some seats left for me! :cry:

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Withdrew today, $25K initial scholarship, increased to $28k (unsolicited increase). I just can't make that COA work, really hope my seat/$ goes to someone here!

kmm33
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 am

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby kmm33 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Withdrawing. $93,000 scholly - hope it goes to one of you!

Good luck

kmm33
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 am

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby kmm33 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:30 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:I applied yesterday to the May start program with:
LSAT: 163
LSAC GPA: 3.8
6 years work experience (as paralegal / project manager) in private equity.
int'l student (permanent resident)

is it too late in the game to expect scholarship?

is it too late in the game, period? thanks all!

(got into Fordham, no scholarship)


You can most definitely still get in with scholarship. Lots of people with scholarships are withdrawing now, including me.

Good luck!

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby dreamofNYC » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 pm

kmm33 wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:I applied yesterday to the May start program with:
LSAT: 163
LSAC GPA: 3.8
6 years work experience (as paralegal / project manager) in private equity.
int'l student (permanent resident)

is it too late in the game to expect scholarship?

is it too late in the game, period? thanks all!

(got into Fordham, no scholarship)


You can most definitely still get in with scholarship. Lots of people with scholarships are withdrawing now, including me.

Good luck!


Thanks for the encouragement! And congrats on the scholarship. I have seen various numbers and i'm trying to wrap my head around what they mean. For example if you say you got $93K in scholarships would that be per annum? Thank you. :)

elle.woods8
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby elle.woods8 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

Has anyone asked for an extension on the seat deposit for Cardozo? It's coming up this Friday and wanted to know what kind of success (if any) anyone has had in negotiating an extension. Thanks!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:24 am

dreamofNYC wrote:
kmm33 wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:I applied yesterday to the May start program with:
LSAT: 163
LSAC GPA: 3.8
6 years work experience (as paralegal / project manager) in private equity.
int'l student (permanent resident)

is it too late in the game to expect scholarship?

is it too late in the game, period? thanks all!

(got into Fordham, no scholarship)


You can most definitely still get in with scholarship. Lots of people with scholarships are withdrawing now, including me.

Good luck!


Thanks for the encouragement! And congrats on the scholarship. I have seen various numbers and i'm trying to wrap my head around what they mean. For example if you say you got $93K in scholarships would that be per annum? Thank you. :)


Any $93k scholarship would have to be for all 3 years, not per annum. I had 28k/yr, so my total award would have been $84k.

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby dreamofNYC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:03 pm

PattyCake wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:
kmm33 wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:I applied yesterday to the May start program with:
LSAT: 163
LSAC GPA: 3.8
6 years work experience (as paralegal / project manager) in private equity.
int'l student (permanent resident)

is it too late in the game to expect scholarship?

is it too late in the game, period? thanks all!

(got into Fordham, no scholarship)


You can most definitely still get in with scholarship. Lots of people with scholarships are withdrawing now, including me.

Good luck!


Thanks for the encouragement! And congrats on the scholarship. I have seen various numbers and i'm trying to wrap my head around what they mean. For example if you say you got $93K in scholarships would that be per annum? Thank you. :)


Any $93k scholarship would have to be for all 3 years, not per annum. I had 28k/yr, so my total award would have been $84k.


I see. Interesting, thanks! I hope to hear from everyone soon so that I can make my decision. :)

User avatar
LSX_Nut
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby LSX_Nut » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Well, I sent my deposit on Monday. It looks like I'll be attending in the Fall. While I'd still like to go to Fordham, I am in no way interested in sending them a LOCI every month.

elle.woods8
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby elle.woods8 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:06 pm

LSX_Nut wrote:Well, I sent my deposit on Monday. It looks like I'll be attending in the Fall. While I'd still like to go to Fordham, I am in no way interested in sending them a LOCI every month.


I'll be submitting my deposit before the deadline too.

When did you apply to Fordham? I applied late and went complete on 3/5. Haven't heard since and wondering if I should submit a LOCI...?

shazia4u0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby shazia4u0 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Hey! Guys, a new member here, but have been following the thread. I just sent in my deposit here for Fall 2014. Anyone else who already sent in their deposits?? Is there any chance of negotiating the scholarship after sending in the deposit??
Thanks!

jbalsamo
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby jbalsamo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Interesting info from LST

Cardozo Medians Last Year fell down to a 160 Lsat (156 160 162) and to a 3.45 GPA.

I also plan on negotiating after the deposit deadline, this could be helpful info.

BigLaw rateupto 13.6%

Smer45
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby Smer45 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Will be withdrawing my app and putting some good money back into the pot. Hope one of you gets it!

User avatar
DerekZoolander
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby DerekZoolander » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:08 pm

jbalsamo wrote:Interesting info from LST

Cardozo Medians Last Year fell down to a 160 Lsat (156 160 162) and to a 3.45 GPA.

I also plan on negotiating after the deposit deadline, this could be helpful info.

BigLaw rateupto 13.6%


This information just came out on LST?

shazia4u0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby shazia4u0 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:21 pm

So what will be the correct approach, if any, to ask for an increase in scholarship now, after sending in the deposit?

Thanks.

jbalsamo
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby jbalsamo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:19 pm

DerekZoolander wrote:
jbalsamo wrote:Interesting info from LST

Cardozo Medians Last Year fell down to a 160 Lsat (156 160 162) and to a 3.45 GPA.

I also plan on negotiating after the deposit deadline, this could be helpful info.

BigLaw rateupto 13.6%


This information just came out on LST?


The Info just came out on April 9th this week: http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/bl ... al-market/

The medians are from the class of 2016, may even be lower this year.

The bright news for Cardozo, Employment went up from 53.2 to 54.3%

Underemployment went down from 28% to just over 25%

BigLaw rates went from 11.2% (class of 2012) to 13.6% (Class of 2013)


It look like Cardozo is beginning to trend toward better placement, and perhaps it is also reflective of an improving legal economy and market overall due to growth and smaller class sizes.

User avatar
DerekZoolander
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby DerekZoolander » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:47 pm

jbalsamo wrote:
DerekZoolander wrote:
jbalsamo wrote:Interesting info from LST

Cardozo Medians Last Year fell down to a 160 Lsat (156 160 162) and to a 3.45 GPA.

I also plan on negotiating after the deposit deadline, this could be helpful info.

BigLaw rateupto 13.6%


This information just came out on LST?


The Info just came out on April 9th this week: http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/bl ... al-market/

The medians are from the class of 2016, may even be lower this year.

The bright news for Cardozo, Employment went up from 53.2 to 54.3%

Underemployment went down from 28% to just over 25%

BigLaw rates went from 11.2% (class of 2012) to 13.6% (Class of 2013)


It look like Cardozo is beginning to trend toward better placement, and perhaps it is also reflective of an improving legal economy and market overall due to growth and smaller class sizes.


Great analysis. And yes, I think it probably can be seen across the board.

pearlmsk
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Cardozo C/O 2017 Applicants Thread (2013 - 2014 Cycle)

Postby pearlmsk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 pm

shazia4u0 wrote:So what will be the correct approach, if any, to ask for an increase in scholarship now, after sending in the deposit?

Thanks.


First thing that came to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA Haha

Will be submitting my deposit Friday (tomorrow).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”