Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jdapplicant » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:03 pm

dglenn26 wrote:
kemosabe wrote:Yikes. Well, in other news, I noticed a 12/19 UR2 on my status checker this morning. I had a UR1 of 12/3 after submitting in early November. Let's hope for some more movement today!


Is there a relationship between how long it takes to go to UR2 and your admissibility? I've been on UR1 since 11/22


I've also been UR1 since 11/22 and have not received a phone call (hopefully yet) or a switch to UR2. I applied RD mid-September. At least one person has said she/he got accepted without ever going UR2, which gives me some hope.

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t14splitter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:17 pm

jdapplicant wrote:
dglenn26 wrote:
kemosabe wrote:Yikes. Well, in other news, I noticed a 12/19 UR2 on my status checker this morning. I had a UR1 of 12/3 after submitting in early November. Let's hope for some more movement today!


Is there a relationship between how long it takes to go to UR2 and your admissibility? I've been on UR1 since 11/22


I've also been UR1 since 11/22 and have not received a phone call (hopefully yet) or a switch to UR2. I applied RD mid-September. At least one person has said she/he got accepted without ever going UR2, which gives me some hope.



I'm in exactly the same place.

User avatar
DrStudMuffin
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby DrStudMuffin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:19 pm

t14splitter wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:
dglenn26 wrote:
kemosabe wrote:Yikes. Well, in other news, I noticed a 12/19 UR2 on my status checker this morning. I had a UR1 of 12/3 after submitting in early November. Let's hope for some more movement today!


Is there a relationship between how long it takes to go to UR2 and your admissibility? I've been on UR1 since 11/22


I've also been UR1 since 11/22 and have not received a phone call (hopefully yet) or a switch to UR2. I applied RD mid-September. At least one person has said she/he got accepted without ever going UR2, which gives me some hope.



I'm in exactly the same place.


+1

greeksalad
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby greeksalad » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Me too, but 11/21/13. Not sure what to make of it but I'm not too optimistic.

gatz77
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gatz77 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm

.
Last edited by gatz77 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Congrats to the recent admits!

Still sitting on the queued for review choo-choo over here. :lol:

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby scoobysnax » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 pm

phillywc wrote:yeah still stuck at 12/3 here.

One day penn may love me, but today is not that day.


Same here. I'm beginning to notice a trend here.... first NYU, now Penn..

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:56 pm

phillywc wrote:yeah still stuck at 12/3 here.

One day penn may love me, but today is not that day.

I <3 you so it's ok, Penn will soon too.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:00 pm

scotth724 wrote:
phillywc wrote:yeah still stuck at 12/3 here.

One day penn may love me, but today is not that day.

I <3 you so it's ok, Penn will soon too.


i aw'd irl

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
phillywc wrote:yeah still stuck at 12/3 here.

One day penn may love me, but today is not that day.

I <3 you so it's ok, Penn will soon too.


i aw'd irl


:roll:

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 pm

scotth724 wrote:I <3 you so it's ok, Penn will soon too.

<3

barrelofmonkeys wrote:i aw'd irl

<3

ohpobrecito wrote: :roll:

<3

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:24 pm

I've been complete for almost a month now--is that normal?

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Yeah, I think so, I was complete for something like 7 weeks before that first UR date came through

This.Is.Steve.1991
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby This.Is.Steve.1991 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello All,

My application to Penn Law has been held for further review and, honestly, I don't know Penn's policies so I have no idea what this means or what it could indicate about my chances. For example, I know for some law schools a hold is basically the wait list. So, my questions are:

1. Does Penn accept or hold all students in the first round of ED? Or, do they also officially reject and wait list ED applicants?
2. What does this mean about my chances?

Thank you!

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jdapplicant » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:07 pm

greeksalad wrote:Me too, but 11/21/13. Not sure what to make of it but I'm not too optimistic.


Yeah after hearing nothing from Penn today my optimism is wearing thin. Does anyone have reason to think another wave of RD acceptances will happen before January/this wave of calls is not yet completed?

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gobears!! » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:39 pm

jdapplicant wrote:
greeksalad wrote:Me too, but 11/21/13. Not sure what to make of it but I'm not too optimistic.


Yeah after hearing nothing from Penn today my optimism is wearing thin. Does anyone have reason to think another wave of RD acceptances will happen before January/this wave of calls is not yet completed?


not sure if it is the case for all schools but a lot of them will actually be closed for two weeks. I know Berkeley does not open up until the 6th. It really depends on the campus policy

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2201
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jingosaur » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Wait List

Status date is 12/23 and I just noticed it now. I am a JD/MBA applicant. Very confused about why Penn doesn't love me.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kershka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm

That's weird, Jingo, and very discouraging for the rest of us. It's probably YP (based entirely off your other acceptances, since I don't know your stats). Oh well, go re-read your Harvard acceptance email and you should feel better :)

Wait...are you RD or ED?
Last edited by kershka on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby drawstring » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Would you take a Penn JD/MBA over just HLS?

I'm thinking the Penn law finds your LSAT YP worthy.

dcoppo01
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dcoppo01 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Did anyone use the additional information option to talk about how much they love Penn? I am applying ED II and am thinking about it...

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Yet another UR 11/22/13 waiting for a decision.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kershka » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:20 pm

UR 12/3 group for me *sigh* Maybe January?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:23 pm

kershka wrote:UR 12/3 group for me *sigh* Maybe January?


+1 here as well

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:43 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote:UR 12/3 group for me *sigh* Maybe January?


+1 here as well

+1

uncanny

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm 12/3 too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, AustinLu, DoYouEvenTLS, xnsch and 15 guests