Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby IrishJew » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:09 pm

phillywc wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
IrishJew wrote:I'm in!

Got the call early afternoon a few minutes before I was scheduled for an interview with another school. :shock:

I am so excited, I love Penn and Philly. Was so worried about my GPA or getting YP'ed because of LSAT, looks like it worked out!

GPA < 25 (but with strong addendum, so not representative); very good LSAT
Not URM
4-9 yrs WE
UR1 early December UR2 less than a week ago
(PM if you want more details)

PS Sorry been quiet in the thread recently. Mort the Tort in Harvard thread told me to save my 100th. I think this is 100 worthy!


Definitely 100 worthy. Well done and congrats

Very much so. GOOD WORK!


Thanks dudes.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Come on, Penn. UR2 for almost 3 weeks and past my 12 week mark...you owe me a decision one way or the other.

IrishJew
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby IrishJew » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:13 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Come on, Penn. UR2 for almost 3 weeks and past my 12 week mark...you owe me a decision one way or the other.


I feel your pain. That sucks. I hated being stuck at UR1 for 2 months, you must be in even worse agony. They are probably just debating whether to offer you 100% scholarship or only 95.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

IrishJew wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Come on, Penn. UR2 for almost 3 weeks and past my 12 week mark...you owe me a decision one way or the other.


I feel your pain. That sucks. I hated being stuck at UR1 for 2 months, you must be in even worse agony. They are probably just debating whether to offer you 100% scholarship or only 95.


HAHA...yeah... :lol:

renorunner
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby renorunner » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Longtime lurker checking in. Decided I should join the party. Another one for the UR1 -> 12/24 camp. Penn is a longshot, but here's hoping.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:17 pm

renorunner wrote:Longtime lurker checking in. Decided I should join the party. Another one for the UR1 -> 12/24 camp. Penn is a longshot, but here's hoping.


Party is an interesting way to describe it :lol:

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Soo they're done for the day?

:( :(

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby albs18 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:59 pm

jk148706 wrote:Soo they're done for the day?

:( :(


I give up...not giving this (frustrating) process anymore thought....when it comes, it comes...

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby emmybee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm feeling doomed to a WL/ding tonight with UR2 1/24 and no call today :(

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kershka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:13 pm

emmybee wrote:I'm feeling doomed to a WL/ding tonight with UR2 1/24 and no call today :(

Nooo Emmy! Hang in there; you've got this!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:14 pm

emmybee wrote:I'm feeling doomed to a WL/ding tonight with UR2 1/24 and no call today :(


I feel the same way. They haven't released and WL/dings this week, so they're due. Also, last Friday included a bunch. Stay strong tonight guys

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby omzster67 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:15 pm

jk148706 wrote:
emmybee wrote:I'm feeling doomed to a WL/ding tonight with UR2 1/24 and no call today :(


I feel the same way. They haven't released and WL/dings this week, so they're due. Also, last Friday included a bunch. Stay strong tonight guys


Same. Their loss.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby emmybee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 pm

kershka wrote:
emmybee wrote:I'm feeling doomed to a WL/ding tonight with UR2 1/24 and no call today :(

Nooo Emmy! Hang in there; you've got this!


Thanks kershka! I'll try to be optimistic haha :P

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed at length already and I just don't know, but what does it say for UR1 vs. UR2? My status just changed to Under Committee Review (1/27), and I can't remember if it was just complete before that, or some other Under Review type thing.

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kenwash » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 pm

KatyMarie wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed at length already and I just don't know, but what does it say for UR1 vs. UR2? My status just changed to Under Committee Review (1/27), and I can't remember if it was just complete before that, or some other Under Review type thing.

UR1 and UR2 is the same Under Committee Review. The date changes signify UR1, UR2, etc.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:41 pm

kenwash wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed at length already and I just don't know, but what does it say for UR1 vs. UR2? My status just changed to Under Committee Review (1/27), and I can't remember if it was just complete before that, or some other Under Review type thing.

UR1 and UR2 is the same Under Committee Review. The date changes signify UR1, UR2, etc.


Great. Thank you!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Ah man. WL

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

truckstop
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby truckstop » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:47 pm

jk148706 wrote:Ah man. WL


Me too. Not surprised. UR2 1/23. 75% LSAT, somewhere around median GPA. No Why Penn.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby emmybee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm

jk148706 wrote:Ah man. WL


WL for me too :(
Sad news
169/3.74
UR1 12/3
UR2 1/24
Wrote Why Penn

Good luck to the rest of you :)
Last edited by emmybee on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm

170 lsat gpa <25

Submitted first week of Nov
UR1 12/3
UR2 1/24

Good luck everyone else!
Last edited by jk148706 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kershka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:50 pm

sorry to hear about the WLs, Emmy et al :( Still, you all have a chance! Good luck if you decide to ride the WL

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm

jk148706 wrote:170 lsat gpa <25

Submitted first week of Nov
UR1 12/3
UR2 1/24

Good luck everyone else!


:(

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
jk148706 wrote:170 lsat gpa <25

Submitted first week of Nov
UR1 12/3
UR2 1/24

Good luck everyone else!


:(


I'm very sad, but a WL was expected with my numbers.

blandusername
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby blandusername » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:04 pm

Ugh, first WL. >75 LSAT, <75 GPA. Thought I'd have a pretty good chance, oh well.

That's okay Penn, I liked you but I got into Columbia anyways. :P




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ginawwhan, Google [Bot], Long shot hero, mudiverse, pandaaa and 11 guests