Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:12 pm

I heard everyone talking about the WL/Rejections yesterday but didn't see many when I went back a few pages. Finally got to the right pages... my god. Splitters, high-scoring URMs, slightly above BOTH medians... no one is safe?

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 pm

For those who were accepted, did your status checker change at all?

I know some got decisions without even going UR2 but what do their status checkers look like now?

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:I heard everyone talking about the WL/Rejections yesterday but didn't see many when I went back a few pages. Finally got to the right pages... my god. Splitters, high-scoring URMs, slightly above BOTH medians... no one is safe?


Nope, no one. :shock:

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Every minute that passes by without the WL guillotine dropping makes me happy.


I'm so scared
ETA: any chance there are no decisions today ?

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:Any other 1/6ers survive the tidal wave yesterday?


Hi


Hola :D

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1397
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:22 pm

MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:My theory: Penn is only accepting people slightly below the median so they can farm these semi-industrious plebs (myself included) for full tuition... then they will use these exorbitant funds to transfer the office of admissions to a yacht. And then they will close the law school.


I'm imagining a Wolf of Wall Street type situation, with the Penn admissions office running around with strippers and lots and lots of lines of cocaine spread across all of our apps.


I'm not at 100 posts yet, but this is them at the end of yesterday, getting ready to embark on their yacht.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:23 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:My theory: Penn is only accepting people slightly below the median so they can farm these semi-industrious plebs (myself included) for full tuition... then they will use these exorbitant funds to transfer the office of admissions to a yacht. And then they will close the law school.


I'm imagining a Wolf of Wall Street type situation, with the Penn admissions office running around with strippers and lots and lots of lines of cocaine spread across all of our apps.


I'm not at 100 posts yet, but this is them at the end of yesterday, getting ready to embark on their yacht.


Just lold irl

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:23 pm

jk148706 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:My theory: Penn is only accepting people slightly below the median so they can farm these semi-industrious plebs (myself included) for full tuition... then they will use these exorbitant funds to transfer the office of admissions to a yacht. And then they will close the law school.


I'm imagining a Wolf of Wall Street type situation, with the Penn admissions office running around with strippers and lots and lots of lines of cocaine spread across all of our apps.


I'm not at 100 posts yet, but this is them at the end of yesterday, getting ready to embark on their yacht.


Just lold irl

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:
Sloth Hero wrote:My theory: Penn is only accepting people slightly below the median so they can farm these semi-industrious plebs (myself included) for full tuition... then they will use these exorbitant funds to transfer the office of admissions to a yacht. And then they will close the law school.


I'm imagining a Wolf of Wall Street type situation, with the Penn admissions office running around with strippers and lots and lots of lines of cocaine spread across all of our apps.


I'm not at 100 posts yet, but this is them at the end of yesterday, getting ready to embark on their yacht.

dead :lol:

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ftbchamp231 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I started to feel good about my chances with a 3.73/171 until I looked at what happened yesterday. Is there a chance they put so many people on the WL because they want a chance to see people who submitted after the Dec LSAT to make sure they are getting the highest numbers they can? With numbers down maybe this is a new strategy for them.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:I started to feel good about my chances with a 3.73/171 until I looked at what happened yesterday. Is there a chance they put so many people on the WL because they want a chance to see people who submitted after the Dec LSAT to make sure they are getting the highest numbers they can? With numbers down maybe this is a new strategy for them.


Doesn't seem like it.. They've accepted plenty of 168-171ers while dinging or WLing several 172+. At this point, it's just hard to make any sense of what's happening, though LS22 has an interesting theory.

Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Samsing » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:Any other 1/6ers survive the tidal wave yesterday?


Alive for now. 50%-75% LSAT, >75% GPA

User avatar
kemosabe
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kemosabe » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:34 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:Any other 1/6ers survive the tidal wave yesterday?


Chuck Bass and I are holding steady with 1/6 UR3s

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 pm

In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!

User avatar
Sloth Hero
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Sloth Hero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Good news? In this thread. hah!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Congrats!

*promptly triple checks voice mail*

User avatar
05062014
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 05062014 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Congrats! What does your status checker look like ?

User avatar
Sloth Hero
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Sloth Hero » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

jk148706 wrote:
zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Congrats!

*promptly triple checks voice mail*


+1

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 pm

If you want stats or whatever, feel free to message me.

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 pm

abdistotle wrote:
zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Congrats! What does your status checker look like ?


Congratulations, and welcome to the Penn Law Class of 2017!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 pm

zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Does your voicemail come on a gramophone record via horse and buggy? :lol:

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chneyo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

devuu
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby devuu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

UR 2 1/15 as of today, application completed as of 1/8

Dunno if it's good or bad...

3.6x GPA
170 LSAT

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
zen wrote:In via voicemail two days ago. Yay!


Does your voicemail come on a gramophone record via horse and buggy? :lol:


Came through Pony Express.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, nightie, Thelaw23, Tomthecat, VapidP, wajdicm, Zoe107 and 35 guests