Post removed.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kemosabe
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kemosabe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 am

esrom55 wrote:Checking in...


Good luck! But don't let people get your hopes up with all of this one-in-a-million talk :wink:

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Would love to hear from Penn today!! Going on last year's timeline, we could really expect calls to go out at any point in the afternoon between now and Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone!

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:13 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Would love to hear from Penn today!! Going on last year's timeline, we could really expect calls to go out at any point in the afternoon between now and Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone!


Let's hope so!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby The-Specs » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Would love to hear from Penn today!! Going on last year's timeline, we could really expect calls to go out at any point in the afternoon between now and Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone!


Nice! Via phone or email?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Would love to hear from Penn today!! Going on last year's timeline, we could really expect calls to go out at any point in the afternoon between now and Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Good luck bb <3

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby edwardt1988 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 pm

The-Specs wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:Would love to hear from Penn today!! Going on last year's timeline, we could really expect calls to go out at any point in the afternoon between now and Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone!


Nice! Via phone or email?

:D

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby t14splitter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Does anyone know if the status checker also updates? Or is it not worth checking?

dglenn26
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dglenn26 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 pm

t14splitter wrote:Does anyone know if the status checker also updates? Or is it not worth checking?


From reading last year's thread, it seemed that if the status checker did update it was long enough after the phone call that it was not worth checking

2014entering2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 2014entering2014 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Still at UR2: 12/11

none of that 1/7 action for me.

cmon Penn, love me back!

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pishee77 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:17 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:Still at UR2: 12/11

none of that 1/7 action for me.

cmon Penn, love me back!

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Checking-in. I finally got my fee waiver yesterday so I submitted today. I seem to fall into their YP category, 171 3.73. I had a much easier time writing the team essay than the Dean's essay, and I wrote flat out that Penn was my top choice in it...because they are.

What in the world makes Penn take 12 weeks when Duke takes about a week and a half.

User avatar
GreatExpectations
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby GreatExpectations » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:40 pm

So I guess today is not the day...tomorrow? this week? Gah Penn why do you do this to us?

User avatar
rutgers17
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rutgers17 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:42 pm

FINALLY UR1. Submitted 11/27, but switched to ED2 before the break. aaaaaah fingers crossed!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm

GreatExpectations wrote:So I guess today is not the day...tomorrow? this week? Gah Penn why do you do this to us?


Yeah I'm gonna bet on tomorrow for some action

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:59 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:Checking-in. I finally got my fee waiver yesterday so I submitted today. I seem to fall into their YP category, 171 3.73. I had a much easier time writing the team essay than the Dean's essay, and I wrote flat out that Penn was my top choice in it...because they are.

What in the world makes Penn take 12 weeks when Duke takes about a week and a half.


I could be wrong, but my understanding is that schools YP people above both 75ths. With the optional essay and your numbers I'd guess your a strong admit.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:25 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:Checking-in. I finally got my fee waiver yesterday so I submitted today. I seem to fall into their YP category, 171 3.73. I had a much easier time writing the team essay than the Dean's essay, and I wrote flat out that Penn was my top choice in it...because they are.

What in the world makes Penn take 12 weeks when Duke takes about a week and a half.


I could be wrong, but my understanding is that schools YP people above both 75ths. With the optional essay and your numbers I'd guess your a strong admit.


A couple of people said YP in the what are my chances board, that makes me feel wonderful. Thank you for that!

Does anybody here plan on doing a MBA/JD if they get in?

User avatar
Dee32
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Dee32 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Submitted ED2 Monday morning. Went Under Committee Review today. 3.7/167 with two years work experience and decent softs. Also Philly ties. Had good recs (3 academic and 1 work -- probably overkill) and did the Dean's essay. Hoping to hear back in the next week or two!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:Checking-in. I finally got my fee waiver yesterday so I submitted today. I seem to fall into their YP category, 171 3.73. I had a much easier time writing the team essay than the Dean's essay, and I wrote flat out that Penn was my top choice in it...because they are.

What in the world makes Penn take 12 weeks when Duke takes about a week and a half.


I could be wrong, but my understanding is that schools YP people above both 75ths. With the optional essay and your numbers I'd guess your a strong admit.


A couple of people said YP in the what are my chances board, that makes me feel wonderful. Thank you for that!

Does anybody here plan on doing a MBA/JD if they get in?


Agreed - I think you're probably an admit based on numbers alone. I've thought about the JD/MBA, but Penn also has a certification program with Wharton that I'd be pretty interested in (if I get a call)

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:05 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:Checking-in. I finally got my fee waiver yesterday so I submitted today. I seem to fall into their YP category, 171 3.73. I had a much easier time writing the team essay than the Dean's essay, and I wrote flat out that Penn was my top choice in it...because they are.

What in the world makes Penn take 12 weeks when Duke takes about a week and a half.


I could be wrong, but my understanding is that schools YP people above both 75ths. With the optional essay and your numbers I'd guess your a strong admit.


A couple of people said YP in the what are my chances board, that makes me feel wonderful. Thank you for that!

Does anybody here plan on doing a MBA/JD if they get in?


Agreed - I think you're probably an admit based on numbers alone. I've thought about the JD/MBA, but Penn also has a certification program with Wharton that I'd be pretty interested in (if I get a call)


I briefly looked at the certification thing, it might be a better option for me since I won't have any work experience after college and Wharton will be tough to get into without it. Hopefully GMATs will be a breeze after the LSATs

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm

How long have people here been under review?

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 pm

paglababa wrote:How long have people here been under review?

Since 12/3 here.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby thechancellor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 pm

ChuckBass wrote:
paglababa wrote:How long have people here been under review?

Since 12/3 here.

Same. Complete since 10/23

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:24 pm

alex.cm wrote:
ChuckBass wrote:
paglababa wrote:How long have people here been under review?

Since 12/3 here.

Same. Complete since 10/23

Thirded.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Another 12/3 UR1 chiming in. Here's hoping for a UR2 to come our way.

pcthenls
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Penn c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby pcthenls » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:35 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Another 12/3 UR1 chiming in. Here's hoping for a UR2 to come our way.


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”