Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 am

RollingthruLawSchool wrote:For those of you who have received acceptance letters, I was wondering if you had received scholarship information? The email I received last week said "the beginning of February". Was curious if they had started sending out emails this week? I was accepted in December and have been waiting all this time to hear about scholarship info


Yeah. Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms. But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed into next week, especially with the weather. No one has heard. We are all waiting anxiously!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 am

RollingthruLawSchool wrote:For those of you who have received acceptance letters, I was wondering if you had received scholarship information? The email I received last week said "the beginning of February". Was curious if they had started sending out emails this week? I was accepted in December and have been waiting all this time to hear about scholarship info


Got an official acceptance packet in Dec that mentioned in would be receiving a scholarship, but it didn't say how much. So we are still waiting.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:42 am

yossarian71 wrote:Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms


Let's hope

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 am

jk148706 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms


Let's hope


+1

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:08 am

yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms


Let's hope


+1


+1 x 1000000000000000000

User avatar
couchpizza
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby couchpizza » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 am

mx23250 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms


Let's hope


+1


+1 x 1000000000000000000



+1 X 10^24

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 am

When did scholarships go out last year?

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:02 am

jk148706 wrote:When did scholarships go out last year?


Earlier, but not super relevant. From multiple sources (including directly from adcomms to TLSers), they have totally revamped their scholarship disbursement system. We don't even know if they are keeping the $25k cap (though I wouldn't get your hopes up).

I imagine they are going to use schollys to get aggressive about LSATs because of their 3 point LSAT drop last year. My guess is they'll start lowish, but they indicated they will negotiate some this year. They'll try to hammer the median back up by bolstering around high 16x people.

All speculation, but they will probably get serious about their median the way WUSTL did last year. Not saying this means throwing gobs of cash like WUSTL, but they will try something.

EDIT: for clarity

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kobe1020 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am

Hopefully they will try HARD to boost their embarrassing (to themselves) LSAT median :P C'mon Irish !

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:25 am

yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:When did scholarships go out last year?


Earlier, but not super relevant. From multiple sources (including directly from adcomms to TLSers), they have totally revamped their scholarship disbursement system. We don't even know if they are keeping the $25k cap (though I wouldn't get your hopes up).

I imagine they are going to use schollys to get aggressive about LSATs because of their 3 point LSAT drop last year. My guess is they'll start lowish, but they indicated they will negotiate some this year. They'll try to hammer the median back up by bolstering around high 16x people.

All speculation, but they will probably get serious about their median the way WUSTL did last year. Not saying this means throwing gobs of cash like WUSTL, but they will try something.

EDIT: for clarity


+1

I don't know about you guys, but my admit email said "You are an outstanding candidate and we intend to make Notre Dame Law School the most attractive option available to you." To me, that sounds like they're getting ready to make it rain this year.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bound » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 am

yossarian71 wrote:
RollingthruLawSchool wrote:For those of you who have received acceptance letters, I was wondering if you had received scholarship information? The email I received last week said "the beginning of February". Was curious if they had started sending out emails this week? I was accepted in December and have been waiting all this time to hear about scholarship info


Yeah. Some indication tomorrow might be the day from some adcomms. But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed into next week, especially with the weather. No one has heard. We are all waiting anxiously!



Well if it's today, and I just found out two days ago that I'm in, thennn yeah I'm certainly not expecting anything today lol.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:33 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:When did scholarships go out last year?


Earlier, but not super relevant. From multiple sources (including directly from adcomms to TLSers), they have totally revamped their scholarship disbursement system. We don't even know if they are keeping the $25k cap (though I wouldn't get your hopes up).

I imagine they are going to use schollys to get aggressive about LSATs because of their 3 point LSAT drop last year. My guess is they'll start lowish, but they indicated they will negotiate some this year. They'll try to hammer the median back up by bolstering around high 16x people.

All speculation, but they will probably get serious about their median the way WUSTL did last year. Not saying this means throwing gobs of cash like WUSTL, but they will try something.

EDIT: for clarity


+1

I don't know about you guys, but my admit email said "You are an outstanding candidate and we intend to make Notre Dame Law School the most attractive option available to you." To me, that sounds like they're getting ready to make it rain this year.


Oh. Wow. My email said nothing of scholarship. My admit letter did, but I know it wasn't worded that way. You're the first I've heard that wording. Mine was more along the lines of "You are an outstanding candidate, and you will be receiving a scholarship. Expect more scholarship information in early 2014."

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:35 am

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:When did scholarships go out last year?


Earlier, but not super relevant. From multiple sources (including directly from adcomms to TLSers), they have totally revamped their scholarship disbursement system. We don't even know if they are keeping the $25k cap (though I wouldn't get your hopes up).

I imagine they are going to use schollys to get aggressive about LSATs because of their 3 point LSAT drop last year. My guess is they'll start lowish, but they indicated they will negotiate some this year. They'll try to hammer the median back up by bolstering around high 16x people.

All speculation, but they will probably get serious about their median the way WUSTL did last year. Not saying this means throwing gobs of cash like WUSTL, but they will try something.

EDIT: for clarity


+1

I don't know about you guys, but my admit email said "You are an outstanding candidate and we intend to make Notre Dame Law School the most attractive option available to you." To me, that sounds like they're getting ready to make it rain this year.


Oh. Wow. My email said nothing of scholarship. My admit letter did, but I know it wasn't worded that way. You're the first I've heard that wording. Mine was more along the lines of "You are an outstanding candidate, and you will be receiving a scholarship. Expect more scholarship information in early 2014."


Oh, wow. I thought everyone's said that. Now I'm a douche.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:38 am

Mine just said I'd be receiving a travel stipend to an ASW lol It's a very generous stipend and one of the few offered that would actually cover the full cost of the visit, so I'm very pleased :) I'd love to get a need-based scholly though!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Oh, wow. I thought everyone's said that. Now I'm a douche.


You don't know til you ask. No worries! Enjoy that $$$$$$$$.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 am

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:Oh, wow. I thought everyone's said that. Now I'm a douche.


You don't know til you ask. No worries! Enjoy that $$$$$$$$.


I'm a little unnerved that we're carrying on two completely separate conversations in two threads, and neither of us has mentioned it yet. I am rectifying this imbalance with the preceding sentence.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:I'm a little unnerved that we're carrying on two completely separate conversations in two threads, and neither of us has mentioned it yet. I am rectifying this imbalance with the preceding sentence.


The future you that attends WUSTL is different than the future you that attends ND. Same for me. There are four different people here!

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:30 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:I'm a little unnerved that we're carrying on two completely separate conversations in two threads, and neither of us has mentioned it yet. I am rectifying this imbalance with the preceding sentence.


The future you that attends WUSTL is different than the future you that attends ND. Same for me. There are four different people here!


trippy.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:39 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:I'm a little unnerved that we're carrying on two completely separate conversations in two threads, and neither of us has mentioned it yet. I am rectifying this imbalance with the preceding sentence.


The future you that attends WUSTL is different than the future you that attends ND. Same for me. There are four different people here!


Philosophy major? Me too.

Personal Identity is pretty bonkers.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 pm

John Everyman wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:I'm a little unnerved that we're carrying on two completely separate conversations in two threads, and neither of us has mentioned it yet. I am rectifying this imbalance with the preceding sentence.


The future you that attends WUSTL is different than the future you that attends ND. Same for me. There are four different people here!


trippy.


+1 woah

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:12 pm

I personally picked ND over WUSTL despite money. Happy to talk in pm.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:16 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:When did scholarships go out last year?


Earlier, but not super relevant. From multiple sources (including directly from adcomms to TLSers), they have totally revamped their scholarship disbursement system. We don't even know if they are keeping the $25k cap (though I wouldn't get your hopes up).

I imagine they are going to use schollys to get aggressive about LSATs because of their 3 point LSAT drop last year. My guess is they'll start lowish, but they indicated they will negotiate some this year. They'll try to hammer the median back up by bolstering around high 16x people.

All speculation, but they will probably get serious about their median the way WUSTL did last year. Not saying this means throwing gobs of cash like WUSTL, but they will try something.

EDIT: for clarity


For what it's worth, they have a new staff of adcomms, brought in outside consultants to revamp the scholarship process. Though no one would admit it, last year's slight misstep really blew up and got heads rolling is my personal take on it.

gotsomequestions
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby gotsomequestions » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:44 pm

About to pickup a package allegedly from ND here at my school package center. I've already gotten my acceptance one, so idk what this could be!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:44 pm

gotsomequestions wrote:About to pickup a package allegedly from ND here at my school package center. I've already gotten my acceptance one, so idk what this could be!


They sent out a book/binder thing with all kinds of info about UND/South Bend -- where to live, what to do, etc.

It's pretty cool

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:45 pm

gotsomequestions wrote:About to pickup a package allegedly from ND here at my school package center. I've already gotten my acceptance one, so idk what this could be!


Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”