Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:47 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:Anyone else going to the ASW in March? Registration's now open online!


I'll be there! Just booked a hotel room too.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Registered for the April 12th ASW. Not sure if I'll attend but I wanted to reserve a spot just in case since March appears to have filled up quickly.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hos9903 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm

is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:10 pm

hos9903 wrote:is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?


I'm guessing 3/22 filled up and they've now opened 4/12 for registration.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hos9903 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
hos9903 wrote:is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?


I'm guessing 3/22 filled up and they've now opened 4/12 for registration.


I just sent them an email.....I have a feeling that the April 12 in the drop down was a mistake (unless someone here has successfully registered for March). If March really did fill up in the last week that'd be pretty crazy

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 pm

hos9903 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
hos9903 wrote:is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?


I'm guessing 3/22 filled up and they've now opened 4/12 for registration.


I just sent them an email.....I have a feeling that the April 12 in the drop down was a mistake (unless someone here has successfully registered for March). If March really did fill up in the last week that'd be pretty crazy


I emailed them a week or so ago and they told me the AWS weekend was March 21-22. They said the April date was a mistake and was last year's date and shouldn't have been up. I'm guessing the April date in the registration is a mistake.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:20 pm

mx23250 wrote:
hos9903 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
hos9903 wrote:is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?


I'm guessing 3/22 filled up and they've now opened 4/12 for registration.


I just sent them an email.....I have a feeling that the April 12 in the drop down was a mistake (unless someone here has successfully registered for March). If March really did fill up in the last week that'd be pretty crazy


I emailed them a week or so ago and they told me the AWS weekend was March 21-22. They said the April date was a mistake and was last year's date and shouldn't have been up. I'm guessing the April date in the registration is a mistake.


Thanks for the info!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:21 pm

No problem. Also, the April date in the registration form mentions 2013, so they must have just forgotten to update the date from last year.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hos9903 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 pm

mx23250 wrote:
hos9903 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
hos9903 wrote:is there only one ASW....3/21-3/22? I sent in my travel stipend request and once I hear back I will book flights. Looking forward to it


edit: I guess i'm confused....I was under the impression the only weekend was in march, but when I try and register only April 12 is in the drop down. Is that a mistake on their part, or is April a second, and only available, ASW option?


I'm guessing 3/22 filled up and they've now opened 4/12 for registration.


I just sent them an email.....I have a feeling that the April 12 in the drop down was a mistake (unless someone here has successfully registered for March). If March really did fill up in the last week that'd be pretty crazy


I emailed them a week or so ago and they told me the AWS weekend was March 21-22. They said the April date was a mistake and was last year's date and shouldn't have been up. I'm guessing the April date in the registration is a mistake.


Awesome, yeah I was thinking the April date was leftover from last year and they forgot to change it. In that case, I will be there in March. Pretty excited to check out campus and the area, as ND is currently my top choice

gotsomequestions
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby gotsomequestions » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Decision made 1/8 with deposit numbers showing!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 pm

gotsomequestions wrote:Decision made 1/8 with deposit numbers showing!


Congrats! Sounds like you're in and should be receiving an acceptance email tomorrow.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Since the admission seems to be working today, can I please have my grades...

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bound » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I don't even have a status checker yet :x some "fast track" application :roll:

altoline115
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby altoline115 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:58 pm

mx23250 wrote:
gotsomequestions wrote:Decision made 1/8 with deposit numbers showing!


Congrats! Sounds like you're in and should be receiving an acceptance email tomorrow.



Is that what the deposit numbers mean? Then YES!!! My status checker also says Decision Made 1/8. =) So hopeful for good news!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:23 pm

altoline115 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
gotsomequestions wrote:Decision made 1/8 with deposit numbers showing!


Congrats! Sounds like you're in and should be receiving an acceptance email tomorrow.



Is that what the deposit numbers mean? Then YES!!! My status checker also says Decision Made 1/8. =) So hopeful for good news!


It's certainly been correlating that way up to this point. Congrats!

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Did you guys get the e-mail about ASW? I guess the form we all filled out shouldn't have been up and we'll have to fill a new one on the 17th.

altoline115
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby altoline115 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm

It's official! Just got the admit email! Excited/nervous to hear about financial aid.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:25 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Did you guys get the e-mail about ASW? I guess the form we all filled out shouldn't have been up and we'll have to fill a new one on the 17th.


Yeah, I got that email too.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hos9903 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:31 pm

has anyone else applied and been accepted for a travel stipend yet? The website says they are limited, but the admit letter seems to imply all accepted students can get one

dust_shaker
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:18 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby dust_shaker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm

In today via email!

Very, very excited considering ND was a bit of a reach for me.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm

dust_shaker wrote:In today via email!

Very, very excited considering ND was a bit of a reach for me.


Congrats!!

stillwaiting24
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby stillwaiting24 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:36 pm

hos9903 wrote:has anyone else applied and been accepted for a travel stipend yet? The website says they are limited, but the admit letter seems to imply all accepted students can get one


I did several days ago, but no word back yet. Really hoping I get it, since there's no way I'll be able to visit without it.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 pm

stillwaiting24 wrote:
hos9903 wrote:has anyone else applied and been accepted for a travel stipend yet? The website says they are limited, but the admit letter seems to imply all accepted students can get one


I did several days ago, but no word back yet. Really hoping I get it, since there's no way I'll be able to visit without it.


Same here. I'm guessing that everyone who applies for it with regards to the ASW will get it as long as they live far enough away (125+ miles I believe it is?) and provide a decent enough reason why they need it. They probably mention it's limited and you must apply so that applicants don't take advantage of it or assume it's guaranteed free money.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm

hos9903 wrote:has anyone else applied and been accepted for a travel stipend yet? The website says they are limited, but the admit letter seems to imply all accepted students can get one


I was approved for a travel stipend. Even though my acceptance letter offered one to me I still submitted the request form and then received an email approval for up to $500. The turnaround was pretty quick too.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Was accepted Christmas Eve and still no word on scholarship. Holidays plus the snowstorm I'm sure will delay that info, but can anyone else share how long they waited between the acceptance email and scholarship?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Chipotle85, combatboots33, curry1, ellielaw, oliviaj_j, Outis Onoma, piesandcookies, reydingo, URM_lawnerd and 21 guests