Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dancr1537
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby dancr1537 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Accepted today via status checker and deposit numbers up! :D Complete 1/23: 162 LSAT and 3.76 GPA

andiev107
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby andiev107 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:04 pm

funkenstein wrote:Hey everyone. Got accepted Friday 3/13, jw when should I expect scholarship info? Thanks in advance


I got in on the 13th too and had my acceptance packet with my scholarship info waiting for me on Monday. Have you received your acceptance packet yet? It should be in there.

funkenstein
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby funkenstein » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:10 pm

andiev107 wrote:
funkenstein wrote:Hey everyone. Got accepted Friday 3/13, jw when should I expect scholarship info? Thanks in advance


I got in on the 13th too and had my acceptance packet with my scholarship info waiting for me on Monday. Have you received your acceptance packet yet? It should be in there.


Got an email on Friday. Haven't received the admission packet in the mail yet as of yesterday. Hopefully today!

User avatar
hibbleton
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:07 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby hibbleton » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked but for those who submitted the scholarship appeal form, how long until you heard back?

nicolelaw123
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby nicolelaw123 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi there! I was admitted with a great scholarship (woooo) a few weeks ago and I am planning a visit to campus in the coming weeks. What is the attire for campus visits? i'll be attending a class and going to information sessions, but i'm not going to admitted students weekend..

Bilka
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Bilka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Decision Made - no deposit seat amounts - damn.

Pequod
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Pequod » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:59 pm

.
Last edited by Pequod on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jerrycallo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jerrycallo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:59 pm

.
Last edited by jerrycallo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hibbleton
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:07 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby hibbleton » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:34 pm

jerrycallo wrote:
hibbleton wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked but for those who submitted the scholarship appeal form, how long until you heard back?


I completed the form online at like 9am CST and got an email at 4pm CST that said they were in receipt of my scholarship appeal. That was a Friday. The following Monday I got an email at like 8am CST asking if we could set up a time to talk on the phone. I talked with them that afternoon. Very, very quick. They said they will try to give priority decisions for people who have seat deposits due at other schools April 1 and then everyone else should have their scholarship appeal decision hopefully by April 15. So if you submit today and have seat deposits due at other schools by April 1 then you should know within the next 2 weeks whether or not they raised your offer.


Okay. I sent mine a few days ago and haven't heard anything so I might email to make sure they got it since I have an April 1 deadline. Thanks for your help!

User avatar
jerrycallo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jerrycallo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 am

.
Last edited by jerrycallo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:06 pm

nicolelaw123 wrote:Hi there! I was admitted with a great scholarship (woooo) a few weeks ago and I am planning a visit to campus in the coming weeks. What is the attire for campus visits? i'll be attending a class and going to information sessions, but i'm not going to admitted students weekend..


Morning coat and tall hat for male and ballgown for female are always considered appropriate :wink:

User avatar
UOI4430
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UOI4430 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 pm

As far as the travel stipend goes, do we need pre-approval? Or can I just book airfare/accommodations and keep the receipts?

User avatar
jerrycallo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jerrycallo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 pm

.
Last edited by jerrycallo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agalfano
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby agalfano » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 am

Is it the general consensus here that if it says "decision made" and no deposit numbers immediately show up that you are waitlisted or rejected?

Also, for those of you who got your decision in the mail, how long did it take after the status checker switched to "decision made" ?\

Thanks

256986245
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 256986245 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:26 am

agalfano wrote:Is it the general consensus here that if it says "decision made" and no deposit numbers immediately show up that you are waitlisted or rejected?

Also, for those of you who got your decision in the mail, how long did it take after the status checker switched to "decision made" ?\

Thanks



Yes that's usually correct, and if the deposit numbers do show up they typically email you in the next ew days to say congratulations. I was waitlisted and had decsions made on the 9th and got my letter 8 days later in the mail

jcb2675
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jcb2675 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Just got accepted today via email. Very excited, but need to hear scholarship info in order to make a decision. Does scholarship info always come with the admissions packet they mail out?

Bilka
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Bilka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:19 pm

Any stats on what % gets pulled off WL from ND?

User avatar
jerrycallo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jerrycallo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:34 pm

.
Last edited by jerrycallo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby adil91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Bilka wrote:Decision Made - no deposit seat amounts - damn.


I got that too, it's weird because my LSAT is above the 75th percentile.. :|

User avatar
Calbears123
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Calbears123 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:04 pm

adil91 wrote:
Bilka wrote:Decision Made - no deposit seat amounts - damn.


I got that too, it's weird because my LSAT is above the 75th percentile.. :|


GPA? ND is one of the strangest school admission wise and probably the only one that will wait list you if you don't show clear interest in the school or don't have any public service on your resume. They really are into the whole "different kind of lawyer" thing. If you get WL you should write the why ND paper if you haven't

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby adil91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Calbears123 wrote:
adil91 wrote:
Bilka wrote:Decision Made - no deposit seat amounts - damn.


I got that too, it's weird because my LSAT is above the 75th percentile.. :|


GPA? ND is one of the strangest school admission wise and probably the only one that will wait list you if you don't show clear interest in the school or don't have any public service on your resume. They really are into the whole "different kind of lawyer" thing. If you get WL you should write the why ND paper if you haven't


It's right at the 25th percentile. I wrote the why ND essay and my whole application is guided towards public service.

User avatar
jerrycallo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby jerrycallo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:12 pm

.
Last edited by jerrycallo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby adil91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:19 pm

[/quote]

It looks like last years high lsat was 171 so if you're above/around that then maybe YP?[/quote]

Nope, 167

User avatar
ncc1701
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby ncc1701 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

To the admitted students, did you have two date changes?

Mine went from Complete 02/18 --> 03/16 --> 03/20

Bilka
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Bilka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:11 pm

ncc1701 wrote:To the admitted students, did you have two date changes?

Mine went from Complete 02/18 --> 03/16 --> 03/20



I think Admits/WL/Dings all had 3 date changes.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”