Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
caliplaw
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby caliplaw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:35 pm

smile0751 wrote:
coldsteady wrote:
Iwanttolawschool wrote:
coldsteady wrote:Congrats to those who have been accepted!

This is somewhat interesting. I submitted 10/13 and have been complete since 10/15 (per ND's email including status checker login info). The status checker shows a complete date of 11/4 and hasn't changed since then. I'm above both 75th's with unique WE/softs. I also have strong family ties to the area and good reasons for attending, which I outlined in a well-written "Why ND." I wonder why there hasn't been any movement despite my applying earlier and having solid numbers, relative to recent admits. Any clues?


Your "I'm a special snowflake" attitude displayed here was screaming off the pages to the Admissions staff? :?


Well, I did use the phrases destined for greatness and better than these people in my personal statement, if that's what you mean. Do you think it was too much?

Thanks for being helpful!


Or Notre Dame is super, super slow this year. I submitted Oct. 1 (the first day apps were open). So far I think only 3 or 4 people have said their status is "Decision Made." I expect you'll be admitted in the coming weeks.


Yeah-- I think it's still relatively quite early in this whole process. You sound like a great candidate. And we're all nuanced beyond our numbers, so maybe they are just filling in certain kinds of people/backgrounds as they go. Good luck!

User avatar
coldsteady
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby coldsteady » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Good point. It is a fairly small class, and they clearly take pride in selecting a nice, well-rounded group. The admits in this thread so far are proof of that. (I tried to sidestep nuance by making my special snowflake attitude obvious, but it looks like I'll have to wait like everyone else!)

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby smile0751 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Awww, that's sweet of you coldsteady!

Okay, but now to my burning question. lol My status tracker says, "If more than 2 weeks has passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office (LawAdmit@nd.edu or 574-631-6626) to confirm your mailing address."

My "Decision Made" was Nov 26 (2 weeks ago Wednesday). Since it says "if MORE than 2 weeks has passed..." do I have to wait till tomorrow to call, or can I call today? For the record, I really want to call today....

User avatar
coldsteady
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby coldsteady » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:10 pm

If it were me, I would give it at least an extra week, unless a more timely response is required for your decision timeline. If I had to guess, I would say you have good news coming. I have only noted numbers related to seat deposits when I have been accepted. Good luck!

User avatar
caliplaw
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby caliplaw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:16 pm

smile0751 wrote:Awww, that's sweet of you coldsteady!

Okay, but now to my burning question. lol My status tracker says, "If more than 2 weeks has passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office (LawAdmit@nd.edu or 574-631-6626) to confirm your mailing address."

My "Decision Made" was Nov 26 (2 weeks ago Wednesday). Since it says "if MORE than 2 weeks has passed..." do I have to wait till tomorrow to call, or can I call today? For the record, I really want to call today....


Haha, I am definitely waiting until tomorrow, if I do contact them. I'm a total direction-follower, though. Also, the mailing address listed on my status checker is correct, and we both have the same status and lack of notification, so I really doubt it's an address issue. If you call, let me know what they say, please!

UCLABruins2015
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UCLABruins2015 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 pm

yeah same here. Decision made 11/26 and the deposit boxes are there plus the amount (600/400). I just emailed them right now.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby smile0751 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm a total direction follower too, but I emailed them anyways (have to be a rebel sometimes :) ). I just figured, the decision is made and I'm really interested in knowing--I'd like to actually be able to tell my family!! They give a 2 week deadline for a reason and after that they give you permission to ask. I did technically wait until after the time on Wednesday the 26th that it changed so I have technically waited the official two weeks....

Oh hell, I just want to know! Forget the rules! :twisted: :mrgreen:

UCLABruins2015
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UCLABruins2015 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Lol I did it in a subtle passive-aggressive way...like this is my address if you know...you cant email me my decision ;) ;)

Good luck!

EDIT: and they prolly know who I am now because of the ID Name...Doubt it if people from my university apply to ND hahaha

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby smile0751 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Well I'm probably outed too. Oh well. We might mask each other. I certainly like UCLA and southern Cali. I could have that username!

User avatar
caliplaw
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby caliplaw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:41 pm

smile0751 wrote:I'm a total direction follower too, but I emailed them anyways (have to be a rebel sometimes :) ). I just figured, the decision is made and I'm really interested in knowing--I'd like to actually be able to tell my family!! They give a 2 week deadline for a reason and after that they give you permission to ask. I did technically wait until after the time on Wednesday the 26th that it changed so I have technically waited the official two weeks....

Oh hell, I just want to know! Forget the rules! :twisted: :mrgreen:



Haha, I fully support your decision on account of the temporal technicality.

UCLABruins2015
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UCLABruins2015 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:45 pm

oh so I emailed them at LawAdmit@nd.edu.... the caps kinda threw me off but it shouldn't matter right? hahaha sorry i'm kinda neurotic about these things.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby smile0751 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:55 pm

UCLABruins2015 wrote:oh so I emailed them at LawAdmit@nd.edu.... the caps kinda threw me off but it shouldn't matter right? hahaha sorry i'm kinda neurotic about these things.


I emailed the same email address and havent heard anything back.

User avatar
Calbears123
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Calbears123 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 pm

I've wondered, does ND give any boost to Catholics? I'm assuming they aren't going to take a class with none.
Last edited by Calbears123 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Calbears123 wrote:I've wondered, does ND give any boost to Catholics?


+1, I was also wondering this. I believe BYU gives a boost to Mormons.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 pm

UCLABruins2015 wrote:EDIT: and they prolly know who I am now because of the ID Name...Doubt it if people from my university apply to ND hahaha


California was the latest pipeline state for income 1Ls two years ago, so you are probably not the only person applying from UCLA :)

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm

cuboxing25 wrote:
Calbears123 wrote:I've wondered, does ND give any boost to Catholics?


+1, I was also wondering this. I believe BYU gives a boost to Mormons.


No, but a large percentage of students are catholic likely due to self-selection. I really doubt they give a plus or minus due to religion. If anything, you would think they want more non-Catholic to balance the heavily catholic student body.

UCLABruins2015
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UCLABruins2015 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 pm

smile0751 wrote:
UCLABruins2015 wrote:oh so I emailed them at LawAdmit@nd.edu.... the caps kinda threw me off but it shouldn't matter right? hahaha sorry i'm kinda neurotic about these things.


I emailed the same email address and havent heard anything back.


Someone actually called me to confirm that I'm admitted! Letters are going out next week.

And yeah probably there are other people from UCLA who got in/applied haha. That's really nice to know.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby smile0751 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

UCLABruins2015 wrote:
smile0751 wrote:
UCLABruins2015 wrote:oh so I emailed them at LawAdmit@nd.edu.... the caps kinda threw me off but it shouldn't matter right? hahaha sorry i'm kinda neurotic about these things.


I emailed the same email address and havent heard anything back.


Someone actually called me to confirm that I'm admitted! Letters are going out next week.

And yeah probably there are other people from UCLA who got in/applied haha. That's really nice to know.



No one called me. WTF Notre Dame?!

What time did they call?

UCLABruins2015
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby UCLABruins2015 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm

smile0751 wrote:
UCLABruins2015 wrote:
smile0751 wrote:
UCLABruins2015 wrote:oh so I emailed them at LawAdmit@nd.edu.... the caps kinda threw me off but it shouldn't matter right? hahaha sorry i'm kinda neurotic about these things.


I emailed the same email address and havent heard anything back.


Someone actually called me to confirm that I'm admitted! Letters are going out next week.

And yeah probably there are other people from UCLA who got in/applied haha. That's really nice to know.



No one called me. WTF Notre Dame?!

What time did they call?



They called around 1PM PST...hmmnnn that's kinda off. But yeah person told me that I was admitted though and that she was gonna be in the office around 3-4ish that time. Will be gone tomorrow the whole day however.

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Wingtip88 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Accepted via phone call moments ago. Applied using the ND website rather than the regular LSAC way.

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Wingtip88 wrote:Accepted via phone call moments ago. Applied using the ND website rather than the regular LSAC way.



awesome congrats! when did you go complete??

secadc11
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby secadc11 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Wingtip88 wrote:Accepted via phone call moments ago. Applied using the ND website rather than the regular LSAC way.


Any particular reason you chose the ND website over LSAC?

ETA: Congrats!

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Wingtip88 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:46 pm

cuboxing25 wrote:
Wingtip88 wrote:Accepted via phone call moments ago. Applied using the ND website rather than the regular LSAC way.



awesome congrats! when did you go complete??


I did everything by email with their admissions office and they emailed me 10/7 that they had everything they needed for review.

User avatar
caliplaw
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby caliplaw » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Anddddd I got the acceptance call. Packets to come in the next week or two, I believe. Yayyyy :)))

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Congrats to all the recent admits! Looks like everyone that went complete in October is getting their decisions which means that late December or January will be when the Novembers get their decisions.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BruiseWillis, Chipotle85, Google Adsense [Bot], Long shot hero, Monday, PDX4343, potterotter, smashbash, spookyg_g_ghost, tlsfan13 and 32 guests