Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby fratstar1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 am

Hey I’m a 1L at Boston College and have Vincent Rougeau for Contracts, who previously taught the same class at Notre Dame. Unfortunately our Library doesn’t have access to his past exams, and the Notre Dame web server that stores them is only accessible via a password. If anyone would be kind enough to send me his old tests I would be very grateful.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 am

NDLS's application for the class of 2018 begins today. I will update the information once I have a chance.

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Wingtip88 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:21 pm

For anybody with an LSAC Fee Waiver from Notre Dame, don't bother using the NDLS Application. You still have to pay LSAC's $28 Report Fee.

User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Force J.D.'s » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:06 pm

.

9427lls
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 9427lls » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:50 pm

I submitted my application to Notre Dame on October 1 and it went complete on LSAC on Oct. 2, but I never got a email from Notre Dame saying that they received my application. Is this normal? Did the same thing happen to some other folks here?

Wingtip88
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Wingtip88 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:58 pm

9427lls wrote:I submitted my application to Notre Dame on October 1 and it went complete on LSAC on Oct. 2, but I never got a email from Notre Dame saying that they received my application. Is this normal? Did the same thing happen to some other folks here?


If LSAC says it's complete, I wouldn't worry. If you wanted to follow up, I'd maybe call their admissions office.

9427lls
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 9427lls » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Wingtip88 wrote:
9427lls wrote:I submitted my application to Notre Dame on October 1 and it went complete on LSAC on Oct. 2, but I never got a email from Notre Dame saying that they received my application. Is this normal? Did the same thing happen to some other folks here?


If LSAC says it's complete, I wouldn't worry. If you wanted to follow up, I'd maybe call their admissions office.


Thanks. I emailed the admission's office. They told me they sent the email, (obviously I didn't get that), and they sent the email to me again.

User avatar
kinseyjo
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kinseyjo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:18 pm

checking in! 161/3.7. sending in my app in the next few weeks. what are my chances?

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 90convoy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:53 am

Whats the deal on fee waivers? I used the online application a couple weeks ago but I have yet to receive any feedback...thoughts?

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm

kinseyjo wrote:checking in! 161/3.7. sending in my app in the next few weeks. what are my chances?


LSAT is slightly lower, it'll heavily depend on the soft.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:05 pm

90convoy wrote:Whats the deal on fee waivers? I used the online application a couple weeks ago but I have yet to receive any feedback...thoughts?


I would suggest just contact the admission and ask them.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 90convoy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 am

Contacted them. They said to fill out the waiver request online so I did it again. I'm assuming that something messed up on my end since I already filled it out. Oh well, hopefully I get one so I don't have to shell out that 75$!!

User avatar
kinseyjo
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kinseyjo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:32 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
kinseyjo wrote:checking in! 161/3.7. sending in my app in the next few weeks. what are my chances?


LSAT is slightly lower, it'll heavily depend on the soft.


speak a foreign language fluently, studied in France for a year, lots of leadership positions

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 90convoy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I'd say you have a decent shot

edit: caveat, I know nothing about admissions

User avatar
kinseyjo
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kinseyjo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Anyone know what the usual timeline is? How long it takes them to make a decision?

tommyl2
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby tommyl2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:48 pm

164/3.68

Anyone know what my chances would be

9427lls
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby 9427lls » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:12 pm

kinseyjo wrote:Anyone know what the usual timeline is? How long it takes them to make a decision?

It says within 3 to 5 weeks on my status checker, but I seriously doubt it.

User avatar
kinseyjo
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kinseyjo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

9427lls wrote:
kinseyjo wrote:Anyone know what the usual timeline is? How long it takes them to make a decision?

It says within 3 to 5 weeks on my status checker, but I seriously doubt it.


You think it'll be shorter or longer?

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Solicited a fee waiver with their online system yesterday, 3.52, 161.

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 pm

@kyle010723 hows the campus at ND? I heard it can get kind of boring outside of football season.

Irish11
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby Irish11 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 pm

cuboxing25 wrote:@kyle010723 hows the campus at ND? I heard it can get kind of boring outside of football season.


But then you've got women's basketball.

(Entirely serious former undergrad speaking.)

User avatar
cuboxing25
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby cuboxing25 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Irish11 wrote:
cuboxing25 wrote:@kyle010723 hows the campus at ND? I heard it can get kind of boring outside of football season.


But then you've got women's basketball.

(Entirely serious former undergrad speaking.)



I'm not opposed to it considering you guys are solid at that every year. Men's used to be good too.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3626
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby KMart » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:18 pm

cuboxing25 wrote:
Irish11 wrote:
cuboxing25 wrote:@kyle010723 hows the campus at ND? I heard it can get kind of boring outside of football season.


But then you've got women's basketball.

(Entirely serious former undergrad speaking.)



I'm not opposed to it considering you guys are solid at that every year. Men's used to be good too.

Really? My UG has a great women's basketball team but absolutely no one cares...kind of sad.

Also checking in.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 pm

cuboxing25 wrote:@kyle010723 hows the campus at ND? I heard it can get kind of boring outside of football season.


Depend on what you are looking for I suppose. Fall is dominated by Football, during the Spring, well, most people probably do not want to go outside anyway. The campus is gorgeous, but that is very different from "fun." I would consider ND comparable with most college town school, and with Chicago just a short drive away, that is a big added bonus.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:44 pm

tommyl2 wrote:164/3.68

Anyone know what my chances would be


Likely if not auto-admit. Both above median.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, JazzyMac, nightie and 5 guests