Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

.
Last edited by John Everyman on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FOM
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby FOM » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:02 pm

mx23250 wrote:
FOM wrote:Waitlisted today. 173 3.5

Not to sound like a dick, but that's some bs Notre Dame, I actually had some interest in attending


Did you convey that interest with a strong "Why ND" essay?


I wrote a "why ND" essay. Hard to say it was strong but it was very similar to others I had written for other schools I was accepted to.

I'm sorry, that sucks.
Did they email you just now?


Got the letter today, think I got DLS on Monday? And it's no big deal, I'm very grateful for my options, but I don't see a reason to YP someone with obvious interest from the midwest. I should not complain though, even tippy top schools do it to people with incredible numbers way better than mine. I was just venting.

User avatar
tjsmms061906
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby tjsmms061906 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

kyle010723 wrote:So whos now a Domer? Who's still debating? And who is now a hater?


I just sent in my first deposit. Hope to see some of you come August.

mathwhiz87
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mathwhiz87 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 pm

John Everyman wrote:
anna8506 wrote:Will withdraw. They would not negotiate.


I understand their reasoning on the basis that it would be slightly unfair if only students who attempted to negotiate were given the opportunity for increased scholarship offers when not every student applies to multiple schools, knows about negotiating...etc. However, frankly, it takes a serious amount of moxie, a good bit of strategy, and a little charisma to even attempt to negotiate, all qualities which admissions should encourage for aspiring lawyers. Not to mention negotiating will become a major aspect of their lives post-law school.

I can see their rational, but I still think it is a flawed strategy overall. Maybe they should build some sort of small 5k increase or so into their projections, then use it as negotiating money when they release decisions. That way they can build practices consistent with their regional competition while still maintaining their scholarship strategy.


I think this is very well said. I tried to negotiate as well, to no avail. Notre Dame is a fantastic opportunity, but just not worth it at sticker for me. Hard to say yes when a spouse has fewer job prospects AND you take on more debt compared to other similar schools.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:47 pm

mathwhiz87 wrote:I think this is very well said. I tried to negotiate as well, to no avail. Notre Dame is a fantastic opportunity, but just not worth it at sticker for me. Hard to say yes when a spouse has fewer job prospects AND you take on more debt compared to other similar schools.


It's okay. You found love. Can't put a price on that.

mathwhiz87
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mathwhiz87 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
mathwhiz87 wrote:I think this is very well said. I tried to negotiate as well, to no avail. Notre Dame is a fantastic opportunity, but just not worth it at sticker for me. Hard to say yes when a spouse has fewer job prospects AND you take on more debt compared to other similar schools.


It's okay. You found love. Can't put a price on that.


Thanks. It certainly complicates some decisions, but makes others much, much easier.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
mathwhiz87 wrote:I think this is very well said. I tried to negotiate as well, to no avail. Notre Dame is a fantastic opportunity, but just not worth it at sticker for me. Hard to say yes when a spouse has fewer job prospects AND you take on more debt compared to other similar schools.


It's okay. You found love. Can't put a price on that.

I can put a price on anything. Love? $126.3 million. I would give you my wife for anything over that amount. A lot of statistical analysis went into finding that number.

eta: I'm not serious, ND. I'm a good, faithful Catholic boy. I swear.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
mathwhiz87 wrote:I think this is very well said. I tried to negotiate as well, to no avail. Notre Dame is a fantastic opportunity, but just not worth it at sticker for me. Hard to say yes when a spouse has fewer job prospects AND you take on more debt compared to other similar schools.


It's okay. You found love. Can't put a price on that.

I can put a price on anything. Love? $126.3 million. I would give you my wife for anything over that amount. A lot of statistical analysis went into finding that number.

eta: I'm not serious, ND. I'm a good, faithful Catholic boy. I swear.


:lol:

User avatar
ldlamb
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ldlamb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 pm

I think my wife would understand , if i left her for anything over 100 mil.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm

ldlamb wrote:I think my wife would understand , if i left her for anything over 100 mil.


She would have 50 mil reasons to understand :)

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Banshee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:56 pm

mx23250 wrote:
ldlamb wrote:I think my wife would understand , if i left her for anything over 100 mil.


She would have 50 mil reasons to understand :)


+1 :lol:

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 pm

frank617 wrote:Yeah that was in my letter as well. I just wasn't sure if the grad plus is something you have to qualify for or not, which is why I was worried. But it sounds like that's just how ND does it


Has anyone been able to successfully apply for a gradplus? I logged in and it looks like you can't apply for the 2014-15 academic year yet...

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Scvaz7 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:30 pm

"Decision Made" but both seat deposits still say 0.00
Means a ding right?
I thought the numbers disappeared when you got rejected?

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby PattyCake » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:"Decision Made" but both seat deposits still say 0.00
Means a ding right?
I thought the numbers disappeared when you got rejected?


Maybe waitlist?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:27 pm

For those who sent in a scholly negotiation letter, how long was it until you got a response?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 pm

mx23250 wrote:For those who sent in a scholly negotiation letter, how long was it until you got a response?


Overnight.

CJ2017
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby CJ2017 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
mx23250 wrote:For those who sent in a scholly negotiation letter, how long was it until you got a response?


Overnight.


Who did you send the email to?

pooks
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby pooks » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Decision made and 0 in deposit on checker meant wait list for me. It took a week to get the letter in the mail.

izzlelay
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby izzlelay » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Just got my letter today, WL

Complete 2/25
Decision Made 3/28
25th LSAT
>75th GPA

Will probably be withdrawing, but they made me wait a few weeks, so they can wait a little as well lol

palbatron
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby palbatron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:39 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:
frank617 wrote:Yeah that was in my letter as well. I just wasn't sure if the grad plus is something you have to qualify for or not, which is why I was worried. But it sounds like that's just how ND does it


Has anyone been able to successfully apply for a gradplus? I logged in and it looks like you can't apply for the 2014-15 academic year yet...


Actually called about this today. Late May/early June is when you can start to apply on the fafsa site

dcoppo01
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby dcoppo01 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 pm

I got a second "complete" today. Does that mean I'll have a decision soon?

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby PattyCake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 am

dcoppo01 wrote:I got a second "complete" today. Does that mean I'll have a decision soon?


Same date change. I called earlier in the week and was told I would have a decision this week unless my file required another set of eyes. I'm not surprised it did, because my numbers are definitely a bit low for ND - I'm just glad I'm still in the running, ND is a great school and a top choice for me if I get financial aid!

dcoppo01
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby dcoppo01 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:01 am

PattyCake wrote:
dcoppo01 wrote:I got a second "complete" today. Does that mean I'll have a decision soon?


Same date change. I called earlier in the week and was told I would have a decision this week unless my file required another set of eyes. I'm not surprised it did, because my numbers are definitely a bit low for ND - I'm just glad I'm still in the running, ND is a great school and a top choice for me if I get financial aid!


My numbers are low, too, but I'm crossing my fingers. Out of all of my applications, I think my ND app was best. My personal statement and Why ND essay seemed like they would fit in well. Good luck!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby PattyCake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 am

dcoppo01 wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
dcoppo01 wrote:I got a second "complete" today. Does that mean I'll have a decision soon?


Same date change. I called earlier in the week and was told I would have a decision this week unless my file required another set of eyes. I'm not surprised it did, because my numbers are definitely a bit low for ND - I'm just glad I'm still in the running, ND is a great school and a top choice for me if I get financial aid!


My numbers are low, too, but I'm crossing my fingers. Out of all of my applications, I think my ND app was best. My personal statement and Why ND essay seemed like they would fit in well. Good luck!


Thanks, you too!

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm

OK, so where do we send our deposit? I looked on the Admitted Students' page and I can't find anything but the form.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”