Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
paulinams
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby paulinams » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:40 pm

I'll be getting into town tomorrow late afternoon. Anything going on?

dkh
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby dkh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Im bringing my mom to asw... anyone else bringing their parents for the event?

whjohnso444
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby whjohnso444 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships?

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

whjohnso444 wrote:Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships?


Nope! I sent them a peer full ride and acceptance to a higher ranked school and they told me they are not giving additional merit aid to those with standing offers. I say try anyway, they were probably just giving me a polite fu. 8)

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kobe1020 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
whjohnso444 wrote:Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships?


Nope! I sent them a peer full ride and acceptance to a higher ranked school and they told me they are not giving additional merit aid to those with standing offers. I say try anyway, they were probably just giving me a polite fu. 8)


this is awful.

RollingthruLawSchool
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby RollingthruLawSchool » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 pm

kobe1020 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
whjohnso444 wrote:Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships?


Nope! I sent them a peer full ride and acceptance to a higher ranked school and they told me they are not giving additional merit aid to those with standing offers. I say try anyway, they were probably just giving me a polite fu. 8)


this is awful.


I also got a no. I included copies of much higher scholarship offers from higher -ranked schools and was told that scholarship considerations were closed to admitted students. I was kind of disappointed. I sent what I thought was a really well written, sincere letter. They did, however, reject my request in under six hours.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 am

Whoa. This is kinda surprising considering the way ND seemed to be hinting at more $$s and room for negotiation this cycle. Also disappointing. I'm right on the bubble of what I consider to be a safe price to attend. I would really like a shot at a bit more.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 am

yossarian71 wrote:Whoa. This is kinda surprising considering the way ND seemed to be hinting at more $$s and room for negotiation this cycle. Also disappointing. I'm right on the bubble of what I consider to be a safe price to attend. I would really like a shot at a bit more.


Me too. Just 5-10k more a year and I'm set.

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kobe1020 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am

yossarian71 wrote:Whoa. This is kinda surprising considering the way ND seemed to be hinting at more $$s and room for negotiation this cycle. Also disappointing. I'm right on the bubble of what I consider to be a safe price to attend. I would really like a shot at a bit more.


sounds like a generic letter will do.

at least you tried.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am

Tried to negotiate and sent in deleted offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:14 am

jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Sorry to hear JK and thanks. Good luck to the rest of your cycle.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 am

.
Last edited by John Everyman on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Kanye West » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:24 am

RollingthruLawSchool wrote:
kobe1020 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
whjohnso444 wrote:Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships?


Nope! I sent them a peer full ride and acceptance to a higher ranked school and they told me they are not giving additional merit aid to those with standing offers. I say try anyway, they were probably just giving me a polite fu. 8)


this is awful.


I also got a no. I included copies of much higher scholarship offers from higher -ranked schools and was told that scholarship considerations were closed to admitted students. I was kind of disappointed. I sent what I thought was a really well written, sincere letter. They did, however, reject my request in under six hours.


I wish I wasn't reading this at the airport on route to ASW.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:32 am

jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do


Maybe spelled bigger wrong?

ETA: This wasn't a bad joke, I could seriously see that happening.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am

John Everyman wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do


Maybe spelled bigger wrong?

ETA: This wasn't a bad joke, I could seriously see that happening.


:oops: oh boy I might have .. On a mobile device, so I may have hit a wrong key. My apologies guys

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:02 am

Officially withdrew today - I hope that some of you wonderful people can get the $$$!

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am

jk148706 wrote:
John Everyman wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do


Maybe spelled bigger wrong?

ETA: This wasn't a bad joke, I could seriously see that happening.


:oops: oh boy I might have .. On a mobile device, so I may have hit a wrong key. My apologies guys

Mobile device, huh? Looks to me like somebody's auto-correct decided he uses a certain word more often than "bigger"... :lol:

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby AceDeuces » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 pm

jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do



AHHAHA THAT IS HILARIOUS.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bound » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 pm

So jealous of everyone attending ASW. Have a blast and be sure to report back about the trip and your impressions. I would have loved to go, but after asking for work off for Texas, WUSTL, and potentially Vandy next month.. I just couldn't swing it. Not to mention, flights from Tucson to South Bend are NOT cheap and my stipend would have only covered one-way....let alone a hotel for the weekend :/

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 pm

AceDeuces wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do



AHHAHA THAT IS HILARIOUS.



The autocorrect suggests n166er whenever you type in bigger?...just where do you spend the rest of your time on the internet...

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
AceDeuces wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Tried to negotiate and sent in [HI I'M THE WORD FILTER; THIS PERSON IS EITHER POSTING YOUNG JEEZY LYRICS OR IS STILL ANGRY ABOUT THAT WHOLE RECONSTRUCTION THING] offers. Pie as told no, so I will be withdrawing $$ shortly. Hoping it goes to one of you guys.


Uh oh what did I do



AHHAHA THAT IS HILARIOUS.



The autocorrect suggests n166er whenever you type in bigger?...just where do you spend the rest of your time on the internet...


No the N key is next to the B key so I accidentally hit N instead of B. It wasn't an auto correct. sheesh my bad

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

jk148706 wrote:
No the N key is next to the B key so I accidentally hit N instead of B. It wasn't an auto correct. sheesh my bad


Not giving ya shit bro, just having a chuckle :D

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:36 pm

About to head to the airport for ASW! See you there.

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Kanye West » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Just got here. Anyone down to do something? Yelp shows me a surprising number of quality eateries up in here.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bakewelltart, carlos_danger, darthlawyer, Google [Bot], hopeful applicant, Maaza, mlp12, shefra, tinafeyclone and 24 guests