Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
John Everyman

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:13 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Kanye West wrote:
RollingthruLawSchool wrote:For those of you who are admitted and are attending admitted students weekend, I was curious what you are going to wear? The itinerary says casual, but what exactly is casual?

I usually look at the website/newsletter/admitted packet and check what students look like.

Weather is 50-30 degrees. Which to me = Simple slacks, chill polo/button down, fly sweater/jacket.

I'm going to hit up the bowling shindig on Thursday because why not. Never been bowling, so I might as well see what the fuss is about. Any of you cats want to meet up at some point?

This is amazing to me for some reason.

I am very disappointed that I am going to be missing the bowling.

gotsomequestions

Postby gotsomequestions » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 am

A real question....

How do I pay the deposit?

mx23250

Postby mx23250 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 am

gotsomequestions wrote:A real question....

How do I pay the deposit?

Since it's St. Patrick's Day I think you should pay in the form of a pot of gold.

magjag

Postby magjag » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm

got the email but no mention of scholarship. does this mean I will not be getting any?

John Everyman

Postby John Everyman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 pm

magjag wrote:got the email but no mention of scholarship. does this mean I will not be getting any?

Scholarship mention was in the physical letter for me. Not the email.

magjag

Postby magjag » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

John Everyman wrote:
magjag wrote:got the email but no mention of scholarship. does this mean I will not be getting any?

Scholarship mention was in the physical letter for me. Not the email.

good man!

Hornets6

Postby Hornets6 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Been complete since 2/11, but nothing since then....anyone in the same boat?

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Anyone staying through Sunday and interested in Saturday night shenanigans?

Mansa

Postby Mansa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Weird ^

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Mansa wrote:Weird ^

Shenanigans like going out to a bar.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 am

I'm going to be the guy falling asleep at ASW. Flying in the morning of to drive two hours to South Bend is probably the worst idea ever.

graybee08

Postby graybee08 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:36 am

Hornets6 wrote:Been complete since 2/11, but nothing since then....anyone in the same boat?

Yep.

ls23

Postby ls23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello everyone! Congratulations on being accepted into Notre Dame Law School! I know a lot of you are going to be down here for the ASW this weekend and I wanted to let you know guys know that this would be a great time to check out some housing choices as well. I am a current 1L here and am working for one of the apartment complexes where a lot of law students and other grad students are living this year and will be again next year. Shoot me a private message if you were at all interested in finding out more about housing and/or roommate options here! Also, don‘t worry I will not try to push my apartment complex on you guys. I know how hard it was finding housing/roommates without actually being on campus so just here to let you know a current student’s opinions on housing choices based on what you are looking for.

I’ve posted on this thread in the past and gotten lots of general and specific questions and just wanted to let all of you know that I am happy to answer any more questions any of you have as you start to finalize your law school decisions!

Hope to see some of you this weekend! Go Irish!

Banshee

Postby Banshee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:13 pm

How long did it take to hear on travel stipends? The website says approximately 3 days...is that pretty accurate?

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:14 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:How long did it take to hear on travel stipends? The website says approximately 3 days...is that pretty accurate?

Got back to me in two

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

ls23 wrote:Hello everyone! Congratulations on being accepted into Notre Dame Law School! I know a lot of you are going to be down here for the ASW this weekend and I wanted to let you know guys know that this would be a great time to check out some housing choices as well. I am a current 1L here and am working for one of the apartment complexes where a lot of law students and other grad students are living this year and will be again next year. Shoot me a private message if you were at all interested in finding out more about housing and/or roommate options here! Also, don‘t worry I will not try to push my apartment complex on you guys. I know how hard it was finding housing/roommates without actually being on campus so just here to let you know a current student’s opinions on housing choices based on what you are looking for.

I’ve posted on this thread in the past and gotten lots of general and specific questions and just wanted to let all of you know that I am happy to answer any more questions any of you have as you start to finalize your law school decisions!

I hear you aren't allowed to have sex in campus dorm rooms. Will this be an issue at this apartment complex?

come on guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know

dkh

Postby dkh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
ls23 wrote:Hello everyone! Congratulations on being accepted into Notre Dame Law School! I know a lot of you are going to be down here for the ASW this weekend and I wanted to let you know guys know that this would be a great time to check out some housing choices as well. I am a current 1L here and am working for one of the apartment complexes where a lot of law students and other grad students are living this year and will be again next year. Shoot me a private message if you were at all interested in finding out more about housing and/or roommate options here! Also, don‘t worry I will not try to push my apartment complex on you guys. I know how hard it was finding housing/roommates without actually being on campus so just here to let you know a current student’s opinions on housing choices based on what you are looking for.

I hear you aren't allowed to have sex in campus dorm rooms. Will this be an issue at this apartment complex?

That is a legit question

mu13ski

Postby mu13ski » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

The Grad Student on campus townhouses are pretty relaxed in general when it comes to most of the stricter rules that undergrads have to adhere to.

Banshee

Postby Banshee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

Like you're the kind of guy that follows rules...

Come on guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was thinking it :P

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 pm

mu13ski wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

The Grad Student on campus townhouses are pretty relaxed in general when it comes to most of the stricter rules that undergrads have to adhere to.

--ImageRemoved--

ls23

Postby ls23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:36 pm

mu13ski wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

Agree with the previous post. Grad student housing is a lot more relaxed on the rules. Outside of grad student housing, the apartment complexes are privately owned and not university managed (but are kept for students only) so there is no restrictions for who you have at your apartment and when.

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:38 pm

ls23 wrote:
mu13ski wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

Agree with the previous post. Grad student housing is a lot more relaxed on the rules. Outside of grad student housing, the apartment complexes are privately owned and not university managed (but are kept for students only) so there is no restrictions for who you have at your apartment and when.

Would it actually be an issue to be brought back by an undergrad to her dorm room?

>inb4 "I don't think you'll ever have to worry about that, LeBrarian"

ls23

Postby ls23 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Would it actually be an issue to be brought back by an undergrad to her dorm room?

>inb4 "I don't think you'll ever have to worry about that, LeBrarian"[/quote]

You can't be in the undergraduate dorms of the opposite sex after midnight on weekdays and I think either 1 or 2 on weekends. Again, usually not an issue most law students have to deal with.

TirantMartorell

Postby TirantMartorell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:

This is not an issue law students have to deal with, even if you live in on-campus grad housing. Parietals are enforced in undergrad dorms from midnight on weekdays and 2am on weekends (this means no girls in male dorms and vice versa), but again, unless you're an assistant rector I don't see how this would affect you.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 am

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:I hear you aren't allowed to have sex in campus dorm rooms. Will this be an issue at this apartment complex?

It's not even the first day of class and there are already sparks flying around? Silly 0Ls ;)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”