Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

I received my acceptance email about three weeks after sending in my fast track app if that helps! That was back in January.

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhdear » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Stilllllllll stuck on 1/24 after my initial complete of 1/14. :(

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mac35352 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:08 pm

knope34 wrote:I received my acceptance email about three weeks after sending in my fast track app if that helps! That was back in January.

Congrats!! Are you planning on attending?

knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

mac35352 wrote:
knope34 wrote:I received my acceptance email about three weeks after sending in my fast track app if that helps! That was back in January.

Congrats!! Are you planning on attending?


Thanks! I am not sure yet...I think I'm down to deciding between ND and IU Bloomington! You?

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lemons » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:15 pm

mac35352 wrote:
lemons wrote:
mac35352 wrote:I applied Fast Track 2 weeks ago and sent in all the essays and paid for the reports yesterday. Received an email this morning saying they got all my material, excited you applied, etc. Super, super late submission, I know!


I applied fast track too and it took me about 1.5 weeks from getting their email to getting a status checker, just in case you are interested :)

I got the status checker before I submitted my supporting essays. As of today my status is application received. Did you already hear back? If so, how long did it take?


Geez, I feel dumb haha I did get my status checker 1.5 weeks after the email and have not yet received a decision. i guess mine was just slow?

i am curious about how my status checker looks. in the fees section in the lower left hand side it says "application fee" and then "First Seat Deposit 0.00 .00" and "Second Seat Deposit 0.00 .00"

Is this the waitlist/ding indication that everyone has been talking about? It's been like this since I got my status checker so i can't imagine I've been dinged already =/ Thoughts?

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mac35352 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:53 pm

knope34 wrote:
mac35352 wrote:
knope34 wrote:I received my acceptance email about three weeks after sending in my fast track app if that helps! That was back in January.

Congrats!! Are you planning on attending?


Thanks! I am not sure yet...I think I'm down to deciding between ND and IU Bloomington! You?

I would highly lean towards ND if I get accepted. It seems like a good fit for me. I want Chicago or California and they seem to place well there compared to other regional schools.

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhdear » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

lemons wrote:
mac35352 wrote:
lemons wrote:
mac35352 wrote:I applied Fast Track 2 weeks ago and sent in all the essays and paid for the reports yesterday. Received an email this morning saying they got all my material, excited you applied, etc. Super, super late submission, I know!


I applied fast track too and it took me about 1.5 weeks from getting their email to getting a status checker, just in case you are interested :)

I got the status checker before I submitted my supporting essays. As of today my status is application received. Did you already hear back? If so, how long did it take?


Geez, I feel dumb haha I did get my status checker 1.5 weeks after the email and have not yet received a decision. i guess mine was just slow?

i am curious about how my status checker looks. in the fees section in the lower left hand side it says "application fee" and then "First Seat Deposit 0.00 .00" and "Second Seat Deposit 0.00 .00"

Is this the waitlist/ding indication that everyone has been talking about? It's been like this since I got my status checker so i can't imagine I've been dinged already =/ Thoughts?


The seat deposit thing only goes into effect once your status reads "Decision Made."

knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

lemons wrote:
mac35352 wrote:
lemons wrote:
mac35352 wrote:I applied Fast Track 2 weeks ago and sent in all the essays and paid for the reports yesterday. Received an email this morning saying they got all my material, excited you applied, etc. Super, super late submission, I know!


I applied fast track too and it took me about 1.5 weeks from getting their email to getting a status checker, just in case you are interested :)

I got the status checker before I submitted my supporting essays. As of today my status is application received. Did you already hear back? If so, how long did it take?


Geez, I feel dumb haha I did get my status checker 1.5 weeks after the email and have not yet received a decision. i guess mine was just slow?

i am curious about how my status checker looks. in the fees section in the lower left hand side it says "application fee" and then "First Seat Deposit 0.00 .00" and "Second Seat Deposit 0.00 .00"

Is this the waitlist/ding indication that everyone has been talking about? It's been like this since I got my status checker so i can't imagine I've been dinged already =/ Thoughts?



Well if you have a "decision made" then it probably means that you were WL/dinged...but if it still says application complete then I'm not sure that it means anything. When I was accepted my status turned to "decision made" and my seat deposit numbers were listed as $600 and $400 (I think those numbers are right)...hope that helps!

laballermvp9
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby laballermvp9 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your decision by mail once your status checker says "decision made?"

knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm

laballermvp9 wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your decision by mail once your status checker says "decision made?"


Mine came by email the next morning...then I got the packet a few days later

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lemons » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 pm

ohhdear wrote:
The seat deposit thing only goes into effect once your status reads "Decision Made."



knope34 wrote:Well if you have a "decision made" then it probably means that you were WL/dinged...but if it still says application complete then I'm not sure that it means anything. When I was accepted my status turned to "decision made" and my seat deposit numbers were listed as $600 and $400 (I think those numbers are right)...hope that helps!



ok cool! thanks! i am only at complete so i think i am freaking out about nothing haha

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby uncreative » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:26 pm

3rd complete today.

sue4398
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sue4398 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm

uncreative wrote:3rd complete today.


Me too- when did you apply?

Mitchellcar
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Mitchellcar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm

No change for me again today.

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby uncreative » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

sue4398 wrote:
uncreative wrote:3rd complete today.


Me too- when did you apply?


Late jan. Last update was 2/10.

sue4398
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sue4398 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:48 pm

uncreative wrote:
sue4398 wrote:
uncreative wrote:3rd complete today.


Me too- when did you apply?


Late jan. Last update was 2/10.


Me too. I'm hoping they are trying to get some decisions out before their spring break next week.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Been extremely busy the last few days, congrat to new admitted and always here for question.

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhdear » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:22 pm

sue4398 wrote:
uncreative wrote:
sue4398 wrote:
uncreative wrote:3rd complete today.


Me too- when did you apply?


Late jan. Last update was 2/10.


Me too. I'm hoping they are trying to get some decisions out before their spring break next week.


Date change for me as well! Super excited to see some movement!

sue4398
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sue4398 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Does any one in the past remember getting a decision the day after a third complete?

Also, my district's spring break is next week as well, and I was thinking about visiting the campus. Do you all think it would be a waste of time/$$ to visit before hearing back? I've been trying to wait for a decision, but this is my only chance to check it out before deciding where to attend this fall.

knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 am

I know this has been addressed somewhat before, but in the context of negotiating scholarships how have people been starting? Do you just send an email to the adcomms stating that you would like to make ND a top choice, etc etc and then attach copies of other offers? I just feel like this is a sensitive topic and wouldn't want to seem ungrateful. Although I guess the worst they could say is no... 8)

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby yossarian » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

sue4398 wrote:Does any one in the past remember getting a decision the day after a third complete?

Also, my district's spring break is next week as well, and I was thinking about visiting the campus. Do you all think it would be a waste of time/$$ to visit before hearing back? I've been trying to wait for a decision, but this is my only chance to check it out before deciding where to attend this fall.


Absolutely worth it to go from a time perspective. Assuming they are not on break. Just call and schedule a visit, and the office will probably arrange for you to attend a class and meet a 1or2L.

Not sure how much you'd be investing to get there. That's more a personal decision on whether the money is worth it.

sue4398
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sue4398 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:23 am

yossarian71 wrote:
sue4398 wrote:Does any one in the past remember getting a decision the day after a third complete?

Also, my district's spring break is next week as well, and I was thinking about visiting the campus. Do you all think it would be a waste of time/$$ to visit before hearing back? I've been trying to wait for a decision, but this is my only chance to check it out before deciding where to attend this fall.


Absolutely worth it to go from a time perspective. Assuming they are not on break. Just call and schedule a visit, and the office will probably arrange for you to attend a class and meet a 1or2L.

Not sure how much you'd be investing to get there. That's more a personal decision on whether the money is worth it.



It's their spring break (or mid-semester break) as well.. so at least I could check out the campus anyway. I'm still hoping to hear back today- but if not then I'll probably go on up and check it out regardless. Thanks for the advice!

pauly_biegler
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby pauly_biegler » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 pm

3/6 decision made…no deposit numbers. this is a wait list or rejection, correct?

knope34
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby knope34 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:3/6 decision made…no deposit numbers. this is a wait list or rejection, correct?


Unfortunately that's the consensus here :( hopefully a wait list though!

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby magjag » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 pm

knope34 wrote:
pauly_biegler wrote:3/6 decision made…no deposit numbers. this is a wait list or rejection, correct?


Unfortunately that's the consensus here :( hopefully a wait list though!


nothing here even today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, guybourdin, hopeful applicant, mlp12, VapidP and 25 guests