Notre Dame Law School c/o 2018 (2014-2015 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KanyeShrug

Silver

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by KanyeShrug » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Pretty sure nobody has gotten scholly info yet. I was accepted in early-mid December and still nothing. Sit tight brother.

gotsomequestions

Bronze

Post by gotsomequestions » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Got the accepted email earlier too

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:50 am

KanyeShrug wrote:Pretty sure nobody has gotten scholly info yet. I was accepted in early-mid December and still nothing. Sit tight brother.
Thanks much.

Anyone going 1/20?

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 am

Does anyone know how the Fast Track application works? I submitted my supporting documents, but there were no instructions for sending my report through LSAC - do they purchase it or should I have it sent? The other school I applied to through fast track sent me instructions to get the report to them, but ND didn't mention it in their email - it just says "We will compile the information from LSAC necessary to conduct a full review of your file and will provide you with an admissions decision as soon as possible." Also, any idea whether Fast Track applicants get a status checker?

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 am

PattyCake wrote:Does anyone know how the Fast Track application works? I submitted my supporting documents, but there were no instructions for sending my report through LSAC - do they purchase it or should I have it sent? The other school I applied to through fast track sent me instructions to get the report to them, but ND didn't mention it in their email - it just says "We will compile the information from LSAC necessary to conduct a full review of your file and will provide you with an admissions decision as soon as possible." Also, any idea whether Fast Track applicants get a status checker?

I did fast track too. I called the office on wednesday because I didn't get a status checker either. She said that they had been out of the office so they are just now updating all of the applications they got. She told me I should have my status checker by today. I submitted 1/4

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sandwich

Bronze

Post by sandwich » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:24 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Was accepted Christmas Eve and still no word on scholarship. Holidays plus the snowstorm I'm sure will delay that info, but can anyone else share how long they waited between the acceptance email and scholarship?
Yeah, I also think nobody has heard. In my admissions packet, they mentioned that they were going to wait until they get a better picture of their applicants to make scholarship decisions and I (so I assume everyone) will hear back in "early 2014".

You're not alone! we are all waiting with you... :D

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Austinbound wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Does anyone know how the Fast Track application works? I submitted my supporting documents, but there were no instructions for sending my report through LSAC - do they purchase it or should I have it sent? The other school I applied to through fast track sent me instructions to get the report to them, but ND didn't mention it in their email - it just says "We will compile the information from LSAC necessary to conduct a full review of your file and will provide you with an admissions decision as soon as possible." Also, any idea whether Fast Track applicants get a status checker?

I did fast track too. I called the office on wednesday because I didn't get a status checker either. She said that they had been out of the office so they are just now updating all of the applications they got. She told me I should have my status checker by today. I submitted 1/4
But you didn't have to purchase a law school report? They did that for you? I just don't want to find out in 3 weeks that my file has been sitting there unread because they don't have my report.

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 pm

PattyCake wrote:
Austinbound wrote:

But you didn't have to purchase a law school report? They did that for you? I just don't want to find out in 3 weeks that my file has been sitting there unread because they don't have my report.

Nope, I believe they obtain it for you. You can call if you're uneasy about it but I received no instruction to have LSAC send the file over. And their email said that they are requesting it.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Austinbound wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
Austinbound wrote:

Nope, I believe they obtain it for you. You can call if you're uneasy about it but I received no instruction to have LSAC send the file over. And their email said that they are requesting it.
I called a little while ago for information, and you will have to order your own report. They are currently processing Fast Track applications. They will send a request to the LSAC, and the LSAC will contact you for payment for your law school report order. I had to call last week to ask about some details about the need-based financial aid essay, and the woman in admissions told me in passing that they were closed for a couple of days because of the extreme cold/snow (she said it was -29 with wind chill, by the way, in case anyone was wondering what the weather was like in sunny South Bend, Indiana last week). So I'm guessing they're a little behind processing applications, but when I called I was connected to the woman who handles Fast Track apps and it sounds like they're catching up quickly.

Sittin' tight :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm

PattyCake wrote:

But you didn't have to purchase a law school report? They did that for you? I just don't want to find out in 3 weeks that my file has been sitting there unread because they don't have my report.[/quote]

Nope, I believe they obtain it for you. You can call if you're uneasy about it but I received no instruction to have LSAC send the file over. And their email said that they are requesting it.[/quote]

I called a little while ago for information, and you will have to order your own report. They are currently processing Fast Track applications. They will send a request to the LSAC, and the LSAC will contact you for payment for your law school report order. I had to call last week to ask about some details about the need-based financial aid essay, and the woman in admissions told me in passing that they were closed for a couple of days because of the extreme cold/snow (she said it was -29 with wind chill, by the way, in case anyone was wondering what the weather was like in sunny South Bend, Indiana last week). So I'm guessing they're a little behind processing applications, but when I called I was connected to the woman who handles Fast Track apps and it sounds like they're catching up quickly.

Sittin' tight :-)[/quote]

Wow thank you!! good to know. So we just wait for instructions from LSAC I guess?

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Austinbound wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

Nope, I believe they obtain it for you. You can call if you're uneasy about it but I received no instruction to have LSAC send the file over. And their email said that they are requesting it.[/quote]

Sittin' tight :-)[/quote]

Wow thank you!! good to know. So we just wait for instructions from LSAC I guess?[/quote]

They work fast. I got an email from LSAC telling me I had to order a report. If you can figure out how to do it online, awesome. I couldn't. I called and it ordered it over the phone (the number to call is in the email). You'll have to log in and assign recommendations/evaluations before you order the report, so do that before you call.

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Talked to a Notre Dame Admissions today, and I was told they are totally restructuring scholarship distribution. Any wild guesses as to what this may mean? We all get full rides, right? That's my bet.

Also, it was what we were thinking in this thread anyway, but she emphasized early February before anyone hears.

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Talked to a Notre Dame Admissions today, and I was told they are totally restructuring scholarship distribution. Any wild guesses as to what this may mean? We all get full rides, right? That's my bet.

Also, it was what we were thinking in this thread anyway, but she emphasized early February before anyone hears.
Was a scholarship mentioned in your acceptance letter? I don't remember reading anything along the lines of "we will inform you of scholarships at a date tbd"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawskewl13

New

Post by lawskewl13 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:32 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Talked to a Notre Dame Admissions today, and I was told they are totally restructuring scholarship distribution. Any wild guesses as to what this may mean? We all get full rides, right? That's my bet.

Hopefully that means they are going to relax their $25k/year cap that I've heard they have. Maybe taking a 3 point LSAT median drop was a wake up call to give out some more money?

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:37 pm

gbelle wrote:Was a scholarship mentioned in your acceptance letter? I don't remember reading anything along the lines of "we will inform you of scholarships at a date tbd"
Accepted 12/24 (Merry Christmas!); still no snail mail.

sandwich

Bronze

Post by sandwich » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

lawskewl13 wrote:

Hopefully that means they are going to relax their $25k/year cap that I've heard they have. Maybe taking a 3 point LSAT median drop was a wake up call to give out some more money?

I hope all of this is true. Keep the positive thoughts coming, guys and gals.

For my part, I hope we all get stipends and unlimited cheeseburgers!

RLowry23

Bronze

Post by RLowry23 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

gbelle wrote:

Was a scholarship mentioned in your acceptance letter? I don't remember reading anything along the lines of "we will inform you of scholarships at a date tbd"
The letter I got in the packet said something along the lines of you've been accepted with a scholarship amount TBD mid-January.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:41 pm

sandwich wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:

You are the oracle.

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

sandwich wrote:
lawskewl13 wrote:

I'd love the money but no one said anything in my acceptance letter about a scholarship. Boo! And normally I'd love a burger... but I'm transitioning to vegetarianism/veganism.

Sidenote. Can someone at ND speak to the food options? I'd be moving from new york, and am anxious about not having access to yummy things.

sandwich

Bronze

Post by sandwich » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 pm

gbelle wrote: And normally I'd love a burger... but I'm transitioning to vegetarianism/veganism.
Cheeseburgers and also delicious, delicious watermelons for all!

gotsomequestions

Bronze

Post by gotsomequestions » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Accepted via email on 1/8 and scholarship letter came today with mention of scholarship TBD.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gotsomequestions

Bronze

Post by gotsomequestions » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:44 pm

"We are especially pleased to let you know that Notre Dame Law School will be offering you an academic scholarship." Then TBD sentence.

mx23250

Silver

Post by mx23250 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm

gotsomequestions wrote:Accepted via email on 1/8 and scholarship letter came today with mention of scholarship TBD.
Congrats! The only $$ I got offered in my letter was for a travel stipend :(

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Congrats to the recent acceptances!

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm

gbelle wrote: I'd love the money but no one said anything in my acceptance letter about a scholarship. Boo! And normally I'd love a burger... but I'm transitioning to vegetarianism/veganism.

Sidenote. Can someone at ND speak to the food options? I'd be moving from new york, and am anxious about not having access to yummy things.
Cannot speak to South Bend. However, IN will be quite a transition (if you mean moving from NYC food scene). There are some great restaurants around the state. Probably a few great restaurants in SB, but what I miss in IN (have lived in Indy & Bloomington) compared to the big cities I've lived in (CHI and PHX) is the choice of quality foods in the ($8-$14/meal range). For something moderately healthy for that $ one is often either forced to drive a ways or eat at a chain (Panera mostly). International food options aren't great in the state but are much better in college towns, so hopefully that bodes well for SB.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”