Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:47 am

pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:56 am

midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


it means you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks i would assume :wink: :wink: :wink:

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 am

scoobers wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


it means you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks i would assume :wink: :wink: :wink:


Probably have to wait 6-8 months instead. :( :wink:

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:00 am

midwest17 wrote:
scoobers wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


it means you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks i would assume :wink: :wink: :wink:


Probably have to wait 6-8 months instead. :( :wink:


let's say it's EITHER 0-5.9 weeks ( :D ) or more than 8 ( :cry: )

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 am

scoobers wrote:let's say it's EITHER 0-5.9 weeks ( :D ) or more than 8 ( :cry: )


Why only emoticons and no gifs? :cry:

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 am

midwest17 wrote:
scoobers wrote:let's say it's EITHER 0-5.9 weeks ( :D ) or more than 8 ( :cry: )


Why only emoticons and no gifs? :cry:


studying eats into my perfect-gif-finding time :/ BUT SINCE YOU ASKED:

EITHER...

0-5.9 weeks
Image

OR

>8 weeks
Image

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:14 am

scoobers wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
scoobers wrote:let's say it's EITHER 0-5.9 weeks ( :D ) or more than 8 ( :cry: )


Why only emoticons and no gifs? :cry:


studying eats into my perfect-gif-finding time :/ BUT SINCE YOU ASKED:

EITHER...

0-5.9 weeks
[img]thankyou.gif[/img]

OR

>8 weeks
[img]sadrain.gif[/img]


My hero.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gobears!! » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:24 am

Mine said the 6-8 weeks thing and then transitioned into the first line only like yours the next day. I am sure it means nothing drastic.

kls120
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kls120 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 am

Is it normal for them to have me at complete and dead silence since 9/24? I literally did not hear anything from them. RD, no interview.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


After my interview was complete mine read "Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision…". Then yesterday my status date changed to 12/2/2013 and then just read the first sentence as well. My assumption was that after Dec. 1st they begin to review applications and due to my status change on Dec. 2nd my application was probably one selected to begin the review process. Without the status change on 12/2/2013 I wouldn't have thought anything of it though.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 am

mx23250 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


After my interview was complete mine read "Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision…". Then yesterday my status date changed to 12/2/2013 and then just read the first sentence as well. My assumption was that after Dec. 1st they begin to review applications and due to my status change on Dec. 2nd my application was probably one selected to begin the review process. Without the status change on 12/2/2013 I wouldn't have thought anything of it though.


Interesting... (Immediately goes to check northwestern status checker)

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am

lawschool22 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
pcthenls wrote:OOOH! This just happened in the last two days : Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision. Please be advised that your complete date may change due to internal processing.

Thanks, I may not have noticed the sneaky change in the status screen.

Good luck everyone!


Weird. I only have the first sentence of that. I wonder if these differences mean anything?


After my interview was complete mine read "Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Please allow 6-8 weeks (from December 1) for a decision…". Then yesterday my status date changed to 12/2/2013 and then just read the first sentence as well. My assumption was that after Dec. 1st they begin to review applications and due to my status change on Dec. 2nd my application was probably one selected to begin the review process. Without the status change on 12/2/2013 I wouldn't have thought anything of it though.


Interesting... (Immediately goes to check northwestern status checker)


Well that is interesting. Mine has changed as well. It now simply reads "Your application is now complete and is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." I didn't have a change in my status date however.

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby goldgirl786 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:24 am

This may have been answered already but does anyone know when the first decisions went out last year? ... for RD

lopay92
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lopay92 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:37 am

Has anyone heard ANYTHING? I'm dying of impatience.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 am

lopay92 wrote:Has anyone heard ANYTHING? I'm dying of impatience.


Nope. I'm under the impression that Johann will tweet (https://twitter.com/tweetsbyJohann) when decisions are going out, and he hasn't said anything yet.

Looking through his tweet history, it looks like the first set of ED decisions went out Dec 17 last year. And then Dec 19 may have been RD decisions; it's unclear.

Anyways, I wouldn't expect anything for a few more weeks.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 pm

My application still says incomplete even though I selected no for interview and it says I'm missing the essays too. Porque?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 pm

paglababa wrote:My application still says incomplete even though I selected no for interview and it says I'm missing the essays too. Porque?


Double check the application on LSAC to make sure you attached the essays? If you did, and it's been more than a week since you submitted, I would call/email the office.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:17 pm

paglababa wrote:My application still says incomplete even though I selected no for interview and it says I'm missing the essays too. Porque?


How long has it been since you submitted?

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:30 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:My application still says incomplete even though I selected no for interview and it says I'm missing the essays too. Porque?


How long has it been since you submitted?


Submitted before thanksgiving, says status is of 11/27. I see my personal statement is affixed to the app on lsac. I guess I have to call. It says I did not submit essay 1 2 or 3...

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 pm

paglababa wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
paglababa wrote:My application still says incomplete even though I selected no for interview and it says I'm missing the essays too. Porque?


How long has it been since you submitted?


Submitted before thanksgiving, says status is of 11/27. I see my personal statement is affixed to the app on lsac. I guess I have to call. It says I did not submit essay 1 2 or 3...


Essays 1, 2, & 3 are the optional ones, if I recall. You don't have to submit them to be "complete". Whether or not you submitted them, it might just take them a week or so to process everything.

User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jaesonko » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 am

How bad is it if I elect not to interview as part of my application?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 am

jaesonko wrote:How bad is it if I elect not to interview as part of my application?


What are your numbers? Do you have any work experience?

Techsan23
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Techsan23 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 am

I had my off-campus interview. It was very conversational. I think I might have had the most relaxed interview so far based on what I've been reading. We just discussed my resume, my other choices, and what NU has to offer. No why law, no why NU or any other type of typical questions. We also spent a lot of time discussing his time as partner at a V10 and a few other large firms as well as his time as a general council for a fortune 500. He was basically everything I hope to become. It was a really wonderful experience and I encourage everyone to interview if they get the chance.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby thechancellor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:05 am

jaesonko wrote:How bad is it if I elect not to interview as part of my application?


They make it seem like their interviews are pretty important to them - more than any other school as far as I can tell. Is there a good reason you would choose not to interview??

User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jaesonko » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:38 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
jaesonko wrote:How bad is it if I elect not to interview as part of my application?


What are your numbers? Do you have any work experience?


I'm above both 75th percentiles, so I figure not interviewing might just begging to be YPed. I don't have any work experience though.

Only reason I don't really want to interview is that I don't really have a genuine answer to the 'why NU' question and I'm afraid that'll come off in the interview.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cephaschen, Mia93, simplypara588, vho1791, wishywashy, YANGYUEYU0817 and 21 guests