Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Any interview tips? Is it pretty similar to the uchicago one?

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:It's not going to be this week, is it?

My theory now is that we (the Nothingers -- not waitlisted, held, accepted or denied) will remain uninformed until after tuition deposits.

Thus, they might as well have held us?


I think there is a reason they did not hold us. Or else they *would have* held us. What that reason is, I can't say. But there's a reason, nonetheless.

User avatar
Mullens
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mullens » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:16 pm

james.bungles wrote:Any interview tips? Is it pretty similar to the uchicago one?


There's a full-blown interview guide/interviewer handbook somewhere on TLS. I think I linked to it in one my posts if the search function doesn't suffice.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Mullens wrote:
james.bungles wrote:Any interview tips? Is it pretty similar to the uchicago one?


There's a full-blown interview guide/interviewer handbook somewhere on TLS. I think I linked to it in one my posts if the search function doesn't suffice.


kk will look

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Didn't realize that the people who hadn't heard had mostly 2014 status updates... I'm chugging along with my last date change in 2013 :|

I feel UNIQUE and all but this is kinda weird.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.


I was really considering calling, myself. I've read you can annoy adcomms that way, but I feel like this stretch of time is asking for more information.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Without outting myself any further (although I'm sure that if adcomms are here they know who I am), I have been in contact with the admissions office. I expect a decision next week or the week after :/

User avatar
jleighg
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jleighg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 am

njdevils2626 wrote:
yost wrote:
for those still hanging out in the abyss - what was your last status date?

mine hasnt been since 3/18


2/11


2/10 here


3/12

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:05 am

phillywc wrote:Without outting myself any further (although I'm sure that if adcomms are here they know who I am), I have been in contact with the admissions office. I expect a decision next week or the week after :/



Hmmm does that mean all the Nothingers should too?

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:43 am

leigh912198972 wrote:
phillywc wrote:Without outting myself any further (although I'm sure that if adcomms are here they know who I am), I have been in contact with the admissions office. I expect a decision next week or the week after :/



Hmmm does that mean all the Nothingers should too?

I can't say for sure but yeah, probably.

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:07 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.

looks like Monday is your day? See Johanns tweet.

britrf
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby britrf » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:23 pm

#thatmomentwhen you open your email, your heart stops, and then you realize it's spam mail from Northeastern. :evil:

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:34 pm

magjag wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.

looks like Monday is your day? See Johanns tweet.

For those who can't get on twitter, just says that there is a round of decisions going out 4/7/14.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm

phillywc wrote:
magjag wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.

looks like Monday is your day? See Johanns tweet.

For those who can't get on twitter, just says that there is a round of decisions going out 4/7/14.


Sorry, Leigh. I was a few days off on our acceptance date.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Just had my interview, and my interviewer said that people who've recently interviewed should have results back in a week or two, and everything definitely by the end of the month.

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby njdevils2626 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 pm

britrf wrote:#thatmomentwhen you open your email, your heart stops, and then you realize it's spam mail from Northeastern. :evil:


Worst feeling ever. Happened to me too

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Sorry, Leigh. I was a few days off on our acceptance date.



Rambling, does that mean we can pre-celebrate this weekend or is that jinxing it?

(Either way, I'm drinking.)

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:19 pm

james.bungles wrote:Just had my interview, and my interviewer said that people who've recently interviewed should have results back in a week or two, and everything definitely by the end of the month.

last year people were waiting to hear till may............anyhoo
dont believe everything they tell you.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:15 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Sorry, Leigh. I was a few days off on our acceptance date.


Rambling, does that mean we can pre-celebrate this weekend or is that jinxing it?

(Either way, I'm drinking.)


Celebrating this weekend is TCR. Just be sure to celebrate again when we actually get the news.

DeafEagle
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:36 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby DeafEagle » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:49 am

theramblingfool wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Sorry, Leigh. I was a few days off on our acceptance date.


Rambling, does that mean we can pre-celebrate this weekend or is that jinxing it?

(Either way, I'm drinking.)


Celebrating this weekend is TCR. Just be sure to celebrate again when we actually get the news.


Nice to know I'm not the only one in this "held" category...

bizzike
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bizzike » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:58 am

Checking in (again... accepted a while back). Don't know if this has been said for the hold/WL, the scholarship acceptance deadline is April 11th. So you guys might see some movement after that on people who withdraw/don't accept. Best of luck!

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 am

phillywc wrote:
magjag wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Have any of you Nothingers (yes I'm using that term from now on) written a LOCI or called or anything?

I wrote a LOCI and sent it about 2-3 weeks ago.

Philly, I would definitely call if I were you!

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks complete for me (1/17; additional date change 2/19). I might call.

looks like Monday is your day? See Johanns tweet.

For those who can't get on twitter, just says that there is a round of decisions going out 4/7/14.


Omg so will hold apps find out tomorrow??!!

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Luchi91 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:48 am

Nervous!! Hopefully hold apps find out tomorrow but ahh, stomach turning. I REALLY want NU

Slimz89
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Slimz89 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Did anyone who was on hold and went for an interview have the status date change. Everyone seems to be sure hold applicants will be getting answers tomorrow, but don't you think our statuses would have changed before the weekend?
I think the decisions will be for the "nothingers"




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Anon.y.mousse., arthrod, chasima, ChodeAnalBead, Google Adsense [Bot], Hopefullawkid2015, joezze, memphis7598, monotonemr, notausername, sethnoorzad, StopLawying, swoonster, Tomthecat, Yahoo [Bot] and 25 guests