Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:53 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Attax wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:"Please note that these interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us. A gentle reminder, please schedule your interview before you purchase a plane ticket."

So if you interviewed already, you don't have to (can't) do another one.


Okay, that explains things. I interviewed previously, did not want to fly to Chicago to do another one.


I'm not sure why I got that email. I interviewed already. My app was incomplete for the longest time because they were waiting for my interviewer to submit, which he eventually did.


Hold FAQ wrote:If you have not participated in an on-campus interview, you may schedule an interview in April. Please note that April interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us, or who have only done an off-campus interview with an alum. If we are able to offer additional interview spots, we will make an announcement through our Twitter feed and Facebook page.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:55 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Attax wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:"Please note that these interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us. A gentle reminder, please schedule your interview before you purchase a plane ticket."

So if you interviewed already, you don't have to (can't) do another one.


Okay, that explains things. I interviewed previously, did not want to fly to Chicago to do another one.


I'm not sure why I got that email. I interviewed already. My app was incomplete for the longest time because they were waiting for my interviewer to submit, which he eventually did.


Hold FAQ wrote:If you have not participated in an on-campus interview, you may schedule an interview in April. Please note that April interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us, or who have only done an off-campus interview with an alum. If we are able to offer additional interview spots, we will make an announcement through our Twitter feed and Facebook page.

I skimmed right over it and didn't even see that second half since I never interviewed before.

Reserve, reserve!!

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:33 pm

hmm. i never got this email. bad sign?????

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:01 pm

magjag wrote:hmm. i never got this email. bad sign?????

what is the last date of available interviews? that puts a lower bound on the decision making presumably?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
Hold FAQ wrote:If you have not participated in an on-campus interview, you may schedule an interview in April. Please note that April interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us, or who have only done an off-campus interview with an alum. If we are able to offer additional interview spots, we will make an announcement through our Twitter feed and Facebook page.


F#@$

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:56 pm

magjag wrote:
magjag wrote:hmm. i never got this email. bad sign?????

what is the last date of available interviews? that puts a lower bound on the decision making presumably?

One left on April 10.

April 11th was the original latest interview date making me think they'll begin serious review of held candidates the following Monday (April 14th).

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Nvm.

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:55 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Nvm.

did u interview with an alumni?

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

magjag wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Nvm.

did u interview with an alumni?


Yeah. My email doesn't state the last part though.

Northwestern wrote:
Dear ManoftheHour,

As indicated in your official decision letter, your application has been placed on Hold. If you have not already done so, please complete the online hold response form as soon as possible. Additionally, if you have not participated in an interview, you may schedule an interview in April. Please note that these interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us. A gentle reminder, please schedule your interview before you purchase a plane ticket.

An optional hold interview is just one method of letting us know you remain interested in Northwestern Law. If you are unable to travel to Chicago for an on-campus interview, consider submitting an optional hold essay or video through your online hold portfolio. Alternatively, you can also submit a letter of continued interest, an additional letter of recommendation, or any other pertinent updates you wish the Admissions Committee to be aware of. These updates should be submitted to us electronically at admissions@law.northwestern.edu.

Sincerely,

Northwestern Law Admissions Team

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:21 am

Are they going to let us poor, innocent applicants with no decision know anything before middle of April?

Seriously, I can't sleep at night, NU!!

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:47 am

throwing a REALLY wild idea out there.... what if I try and improve my score with the June lsat? if they keep me on hold until then it might help????????

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 am

magjag wrote:throwing a REALLY wild idea out there.... what if I try and improve my score with the June lsat? if they keep me on hold until then it might help????????


It's not the worst idea in the world. It accomplishes a couple of things simultaneously. It let's you hold onto hope that you'll make it in the cycle/ let's you work toward that goal, and failing that (they reject you sooner) it has the added bonus of giving you the improved LSAT you need to apply early next cycle.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Held.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Held.


Did this just happen, or did you just now see it? (i.e. are decisions going out today?)

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Held.


Did this just happen, or did you just now see it? (i.e. are decisions going out today?)


Just happened.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Held.


Did this just happen, or did you just now see it? (i.e. are decisions going out today?)


Just happened.

Weird, no real word from Johann. Seems outside of a normal wave. Special?

User avatar
Cactus
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cactus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Held @ 4:41 CDT

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby georgej » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Also held.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:58 pm

I've got nothing, but I'll keep checking.

Maybe they'll do a round tomorrow as well. Agree it's weird without a tweet

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 pm

magjag wrote:throwing a REALLY wild idea out there.... what if I try and improve my score with the June lsat? if they keep me on hold until then it might help????????


I did exactly that last year--I was held, then WLd by NU and I withdrew from everywhere else and took the June test. I improved my score by one point and I didn't end up getting admitted that cycle, but I reapplied this cycle with my June score and was admitted pretty early and I got a nice scholarship. Take from that what you will, but believe me, if you're considering retaking to hopefully get off hold/WL, being open to reapplying will make this much less stressful.

PS. I have a ton of LSAT books I'd sell to you for cheap if you're serious about this!

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:17 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
magjag wrote:throwing a REALLY wild idea out there.... what if I try and improve my score with the June lsat? if they keep me on hold until then it might help????????


I did exactly that last year--I was held, then WLd by NU and I withdrew from everywhere else and took the June test. I improved my score by one point and I didn't end up getting admitted that cycle, but I reapplied this cycle with my June score and was admitted pretty early and I got a nice scholarship. Take from that what you will, but believe me, if you're considering retaking to hopefully get off hold/WL, being open to reapplying will make this much less stressful.

PS. I have a ton of LSAT books I'd sell to you for cheap if you're serious about this!


hmm, were you able to reuse recommendation letters?

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

magjag wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:
magjag wrote:throwing a REALLY wild idea out there.... what if I try and improve my score with the June lsat? if they keep me on hold until then it might help????????


I did exactly that last year--I was held, then WLd by NU and I withdrew from everywhere else and took the June test. I improved my score by one point and I didn't end up getting admitted that cycle, but I reapplied this cycle with my June score and was admitted pretty early and I got a nice scholarship. Take from that what you will, but believe me, if you're considering retaking to hopefully get off hold/WL, being open to reapplying will make this much less stressful.

PS. I have a ton of LSAT books I'd sell to you for cheap if you're serious about this!


hmm, were you able to reuse recommendation letters?


I re-used my academic and employer ones and submitted a third new one, and I wrote a new PS. There's lots of good TLS threads about reapplying to schools that rejected you if/when the time comes. I'm so glad I reapplied--my cycle was a billion times better this time around!

britrf
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby britrf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

I've got nothing too Leigh. Can a girl get a break.

My concern at this point is that if I'm an applicant that would typically get held at any other point in the cycle, leaving it until this late would result in a ding because they don't want to include me in the hold pile this late in the game.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:31 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:I've got nothing, but I'll keep checking.

Maybe they'll do a round tomorrow as well. Agree it's weird without a tweet


Same boat here. It seems like the only decisions reported so far today have been holds. Perhaps they'll do a round of acceptance/denials tomorrow.

showcasec6
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby showcasec6 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Johann did tweet but he said only a handful of acceptances. Also stuck in the no info boat, but I'd rather be there than in this round...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Keilz and 17 guests