Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Anyone in here a K-JD? I can't be the only one lol

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Anyone in here a K-JD? I can't be the only one lol


Held K-JD here. There are a few of us.

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Attax wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:Anyone in here a K-JD? I can't be the only one lol


Held K-JD here. There are a few of us.


Hi! I was admitted a couple weeks ago, but I just want to give you guys hope lol. Not only were my numbers relatively low, but with no work experience I thought I was a definite ding. So if you are held or waiting to hear back, keep hope alive!!!

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Do all of NU's admission decisions go out on Fridays?

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:53 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Do all of NU's admission decisions go out on Fridays?


God I am spamming this thread lately. Just on it 24/7.

No, the decisions have now gone out on a Tuesday, a Wednesday, a Thursday and a Friday.
Only one I haven't seen is a Monday.
So....that really narrows nothing down at all. Though I do believe with Johann in DC we won't hear anything until at least next Tuesday.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Do all of NU's admission decisions go out on Fridays?


God I am spamming this thread lately. Just on it 24/7.

No, the decisions have now gone out on a Tuesday, a Wednesday, a Thursday and a Friday.
Only one I haven't seen is a Monday.
So....that really narrows nothing down at all. Though I do believe with Johann in DC we won't hear anything until at least next Tuesday.



Noooo. I really had a feeling this week was the week.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Congrats to those of you who got dat $$$ today

If you don't want it, please tell them to take Attax off hold and he will accept.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Everyones getting $$$ and i'm just sitting here with a complete date 4-5 months ago that hasn't budged once.

Hi.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:49 pm

phillywc wrote:Everyones getting $$$ and i'm just sitting here with a complete date 4-5 months ago that hasn't budged once.

Hi.


:(
hi

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:04 pm

phillywc wrote:Everyones getting $$$ and i'm just sitting here with a complete date 4-5 months ago that hasn't budged once.

Hi.


Tell me you've called and/or written a LOCI.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby phillywc » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:07 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:
phillywc wrote:Everyones getting $$$ and i'm just sitting here with a complete date 4-5 months ago that hasn't budged once.

Hi.


Tell me you've called and/or written a LOCI.

noap

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4128
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Just withdrew for lack of the monies. Hope the spot goes to one of you Held TLSers. Good luck!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:20 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Just withdrew for lack of the monies. Hope the spot goes to one of you Held TLSers. Good luck!


Thanks for that. Some people just wait to not make a deposit; we held folks appreciate the withdraw. Also, you have some awesome options.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Just withdrew for lack of the monies. Hope the spot goes to one of you Held TLSers. Good luck!

Thank you! :D
Hoping I can nab one of those spots.

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby littlegiant » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Attax wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:Anyone in here a K-JD? I can't be the only one lol


Held K-JD here. There are a few of us.


Throw my hat in this ring. Low (relativelyy) LSAT so they held me for something...

redial38
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby redial38 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:33 pm

So just got the e-mail that I will be receiving NOTHING from NU. I really enjoyed the DC dinner last night but it's incredibly difficult to consider going there with absolutely no scholarship money. The e-mail also made it seem like that was that, and there would be no further rounds of consideration. It's impossible that everyone they offered money will end up going to NU, so what happens to the money thrown back into the pot?? I guess my question is whether there is any chance of getting a scholarship in the future or is the $0 final?

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:25 pm

redial38 wrote:So just got the e-mail that I will be receiving NOTHING from NU. I really enjoyed the DC dinner last night but it's incredibly difficult to consider going there with absolutely no scholarship money. The e-mail also made it seem like that was that, and there would be no further rounds of consideration. It's impossible that everyone they offered money will end up going to NU, so what happens to the money thrown back into the pot?? I guess my question is whether there is any chance of getting a scholarship in the future or is the $0 final?


I don't see how it would be final, until you have paid tuition. Do you have any number above median?

SowhatsNU
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SowhatsNU » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Does anyone know how many people are typically put on hold? Like is it a few dozen or a few hundred?
I know being on hold is better than a waitlist (there are a few spots, yatta yatta) but are the chances realistic?
Also do most of those put on hold write the essays? i.e. is it a rite of passage or can completing them really set you apart?
If someone who was admitted off being put on hold could weigh in I'd really appreciate it.

Good luck to all! hope I can be your classmate this fall! (my skill in rhyme is sublime)

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:Does anyone know how many people are typically put on hold? Like is it a few dozen or a few hundred?
I know being on hold is better than a waitlist (there are a few spots, yatta yatta) but are the chances realistic?
Also do most of those put on hold write the essays? i.e. is it a rite of passage or can completing them really set you apart?
If someone who was admitted off being put on hold could weigh in I'd really appreciate it.

Good luck to all! hope I can be your classmate this fall! (my skill in rhyme is sublime)


I'm on hold too, and idiotically assumed it was a de-facto waitlist, and it's not, and it's been a month since I've been held and I didn't send anything yet.

Currently sending a new resume for a new job, typing a LOCI, and tithing a little bit more in church :lol: (it's the little things that help).

They supposedly don't pull people off of it until April, but I have NO clue how many people they put on hold and how many they accept from it.

SowhatsNU
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SowhatsNU » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm on hold too, and idiotically assumed it was a de-facto waitlist, and it's not, and it's been a month since I've been held and I didn't send anything yet.

Currently sending a new resume for a new job, typing a LOCI, and tithing a little bit more in church :lol: (it's the little things that help).

They supposedly don't pull people off of it until April, but I have NO clue how many people they put on hold and how many they accept from it.


Yea for sure, I've called and apparently they start assessing the hold applicants by April 2nd (the people I talked with didn't say that outright, but the person I got the most out of said "remember the date April 2nd")

I'm sure an LOCI helps, are you going to answer the hold questions as well?
-I asked everyone I spoke with at NU about how many were on hold but nobody would tell me

PrideandGlory1776
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PrideandGlory1776 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

El Principe wrote:
SowhatsNU wrote:Does anyone know how many people are typically put on hold? Like is it a few dozen or a few hundred?
I know being on hold is better than a waitlist (there are a few spots, yatta yatta) but are the chances realistic?
Also do most of those put on hold write the essays? i.e. is it a rite of passage or can completing them really set you apart?
If someone who was admitted off being put on hold could weigh in I'd really appreciate it.

Good luck to all! hope I can be your classmate this fall! (my skill in rhyme is sublime)


I'm on hold too, and idiotically assumed it was a de-facto waitlist, and it's not, and it's been a month since I've been held and I didn't send anything yet.

Currently sending a new resume for a new job, typing a LOCI, and tithing a little bit more in church :lol: (it's the little things that help).

They supposedly don't pull people off of it until April, but I have NO clue how many people they put on hold and how many they accept from it.


LOL i'm on hold too good call w/ the LOCI & tithe > I think it's time for both for me as well

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:01 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:
I'm on hold too, and idiotically assumed it was a de-facto waitlist, and it's not, and it's been a month since I've been held and I didn't send anything yet.

Currently sending a new resume for a new job, typing a LOCI, and tithing a little bit more in church :lol: (it's the little things that help).

They supposedly don't pull people off of it until April, but I have NO clue how many people they put on hold and how many they accept from it.


Yea for sure, I've called and apparently they start assessing the hold applicants by April 2nd (the people I talked with didn't say that outright, but the person I got the most out of said "remember the date April 2nd")

I'm sure an LOCI helps, are you going to answer the hold questions as well?
-I asked everyone I spoke with at NU about how many were on hold but nobody would tell me


Oh yeah, the hold questions completely slipped my mind...

I'm doing all four of those two, however, I may opt to do the video option as I believe I might not even have the time to type essays for all four questions and do LOCI's for every other school I've been held/WLed at.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April 1 the deposit date? If so, that would explain why they said April 2. The people who've already withdrawn or not put down seat deposits will let them know how much more space they have in terms of seats.

SowhatsNU
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SowhatsNU » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 pm

El Principe wrote:
SowhatsNU wrote:

I'm doing all four of those two, however, I may opt to do the video option as I believe I might not even have the time to type essays for all four questions and do LOCI's for every other school I've been held/WLed at.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April 1 the deposit date? If so, that would explain why they said April 2. The people who've already withdrawn or not put down seat deposits will let them know how much more space they have in terms of seats.


So then is it fair to assume that by April 1st Northwestern has gone through all their applications already? And that after those seat deposits open up spaces, NU will look to the Hold list to fill all those spots?

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:45 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:
El Principe wrote:
SowhatsNU wrote:

I'm doing all four of those two, however, I may opt to do the video option as I believe I might not even have the time to type essays for all four questions and do LOCI's for every other school I've been held/WLed at.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April 1 the deposit date? If so, that would explain why they said April 2. The people who've already withdrawn or not put down seat deposits will let them know how much more space they have in terms of seats.


So then is it fair to assume that by April 1st Northwestern has gone through all their applications already? And that after those seat deposits open up spaces, NU will look to the Hold list to fill all those spots?


I think that it is fair to say that.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:22 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:
I'm doing all four of those two, however, I may opt to do the video option as I believe I might not even have the time to type essays for all four questions and do LOCI's for every other school I've been held/WLed at.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April 1 the deposit date? If so, that would explain why they said April 2. The people who've already withdrawn or not put down seat deposits will let them know how much more space they have in terms of


I think the deposit deadline is April 30, no?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”