Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Ricky Bobby, you inspired me.

I've withdrawn. Good luck to all of you and may the rest of your cycles be awesome!

Oh, perfect. That's what I need NU's admissions office seeing- that I induced qualified candidates to withdraw. Thanks a lot, fivestar.

Best of luck to you and your... wife? Sorry, I forgot that part. Enjoy NYU.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:33 am

leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!


Not feeling great about it because of the two rounds last week. I wouldn't discount next week because of spring break though, I am sure Admissions will still be working. I am freaking out as much as you are, though! I definitely feel your pain.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:33 am

leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!

I would watch Johann's twitter

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:46 am

rion91 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!

I would watch Johann's twitter


I do! Like a hawk!

I'm mostly nervous because I was offered a fellowship in addition to a scholarship I already have for another school. This requires me to let them know by April 1st if I accept it so they can let another student know if I back out. But NU will likely not tell me before then? Ah!
Any advice?

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:53 am

leigh912198972 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!

I would watch Johann's twitter


I do! Like a hawk!

I'm mostly nervous because I was offered a fellowship in addition to a scholarship I already have for another school. This requires me to let them know by April 1st if I accept it so they can let another student know if I back out. But NU will likely not tell me before then? Ah!
Any advice?

Is it binding? If not, no worries

renorunner
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby renorunner » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 pm

rion91 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!

I would watch Johann's twitter


I do! Like a hawk!

I'm mostly nervous because I was offered a fellowship in addition to a scholarship I already have for another school. This requires me to let them know by April 1st if I accept it so they can let another student know if I back out. But NU will likely not tell me before then? Ah!
Any advice?

Is it binding? If not, no worries


Might also be worth asking the other school for an extra week to decide. If you say you're waiting to hear from your dream school, but you'll be taking the fellowship if you're not admitted at NU, they may work with you. Can't hurt to ask right?

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks. You guys rock.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!


Not feeling great about it because of the two rounds last week. I wouldn't discount next week because of spring break though, I am sure Admissions will still be working. I am freaking out as much as you are, though! I definitely feel your pain.

Spring break is two weeks, brotatos. (Well, this is the last year that it is. Next year we go to a 3-wk Xmas/1-wk spring like everyone else. We aren't happy.)

I have no info on whether the admissions office takes the whole time off, but thought you might want to know.

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby altthymes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!


Not feeling great about it because of the two rounds last week. I wouldn't discount next week because of spring break though, I am sure Admissions will still be working. I am freaking out as much as you are, though! I definitely feel your pain.

Spring break is two weeks, brotatos. (Well, this is the last year that it is. Next year we go to a 3-wk Xmas/1-wk spring like everyone else. We aren't happy.)

I have no info on whether the admissions office takes the whole time off, but thought you might want to know.


I think admissions is working through the entire break (but I could be wrong). I have an on-campus interview next week, and I see that they have other interviews scheduled for the following week. Though I suppose that doesn't mean they'll send out decisions...

showcasec6
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby showcasec6 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:17 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Thanks. You guys rock.


In a similar boat. Have a few other schools with scholarships, but I just don't care. NU or bust! Come get my money NU!

Honestly, I don't mind waiting though. I'm not sure if I want a decision while adcom is wishing they were on break! Lol.

showcasec6
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby showcasec6 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!


Not feeling great about it because of the two rounds last week. I wouldn't discount next week because of spring break though, I am sure Admissions will still be working. I am freaking out as much as you are, though! I definitely feel your pain.

Spring break is two weeks, brotatos. (Well, this is the last year that it is. Next year we go to a 3-wk Xmas/1-wk spring like everyone else. We aren't happy.)

I have no info on whether the admissions office takes the whole time off, but thought you might want to know.



Thanks, Bromato!
..did I do it right? Lol.

So I guess I'll volunteer to call and ask if they're working. Going to go get an anonymous prepaid phone first..


User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:28 pm

showcasec6 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are the odds there will be any decisions today?

I'm guessing if not today, then the next wouldn't be until March 26th (since next week is their spring break and they usually do decisions on Wed, Thurs, or Fri).

So late!


Not feeling great about it because of the two rounds last week. I wouldn't discount next week because of spring break though, I am sure Admissions will still be working. I am freaking out as much as you are, though! I definitely feel your pain.

Spring break is two weeks, brotatos. (Well, this is the last year that it is. Next year we go to a 3-wk Xmas/1-wk spring like everyone else. We aren't happy.)

I have no info on whether the admissions office takes the whole time off, but thought you might want to know.



Thanks, Bromato!
..did I do it right? Lol.

So I guess I'll volunteer to call and ask if they're working. Going to go get an anonymous prepaid phone first..



No worries I asked. They're working and will release decisions during break

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Status: Decision Letter Available within 24 hrs

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Hitchensian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Just went DLA after complete date of 2/4. Completely unsure of what to expect!

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 pm

rion91 wrote:Status: Decision Letter Available within 24 hrs

Oh, snap. Good luck!

User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jaesonko » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:35 pm

rion91 wrote:Status: Decision Letter Available within 24 hrs


+1

I ultimately decided not to interview :oops: , so I'm def expecting a ding

User avatar
guyfox
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby guyfox » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

jaesonko wrote:
rion91 wrote:Status: Decision Letter Available within 24 hrs


+1

I ultimately decided not to interview :oops: , so I'm def expecting a ding


Yeah I have low stats and applied after the interview deadline so I definitely think ding for me as well. Time to sit here and refresh the page lol Good luck everyone!

jackmf419
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jackmf419 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:48 pm

from the sound of his twitter message it sounds like its going to start out good and end badly.

bluemonkey219
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bluemonkey219 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Good luck, everyone! When did you all go complete?

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kenwash » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

bluemonkey219 wrote:Good luck, everyone! When did you all go complete?

DLA! Complete 1/31

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 pm

DLA!!!!! Good luck everyone!

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
rion91 wrote:Status: Decision Letter Available within 24 hrs

Oh, snap. Good luck!

Thanks :o Every time I see your avy I keep seeing myself writing your posts. "Did I write that?" Fusion avys FTW

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:59 pm

bluemonkey219 wrote:Good luck, everyone! When did you all go complete?


Complete 1/14. Trying to limit myself to only checking the letter retrieval system every 30 minutes or so.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], whodareswins and 20 guests