Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

JustHawkin wrote:I've tried to make that statement gender/sex neutral (let's not get into this again here guys).
But, some of us may fall under the stereotypical alpha male.
:lol:


Some of us always end up with a friend of a friend crying on our shoulder about her ex-boyfriend, buying her a cab, and going home alone.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:03 am

JustHawkin wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Pleeeeeease today, NU. PLEAZ

+1

I think you've got to start approaching this like the person you are trying to get with at the bar. Play a little hard to get, then your decision will be more exciting!

:lol:



Yeah, whatever NU. Today or...like, whenever. I have other schools I'm looking at. ::flips ponytail behind her and saunters away::


Haha no. But. Seriously. Today.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 am

leigh912198972 wrote:
Yeah, whatever NU. Today or...like, whenever. I have other schools I'm looking at. ::flips ponytail behind her and saunters away::
Haha no. But. Seriously. Today.


Ponytail at the bars? Girl, let your hair down.

ETA: "girl" used to reference a song lyric, not to imply derision, youth, or incompetence.
Last edited by yossarian on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 am

yossarian71 wrote:Some All of us always end up with a friend of a friend crying on our shoulder about her ex-boyfriend, buying her a cab, and going home alone.

FTFY
Don't forget the vomit. There's usually vomit.

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 am

yossarian71 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
Yeah, whatever NU. Today or...like, whenever. I have other schools I'm looking at. ::flips ponytail behind her and saunters away::
Haha no. But. Seriously. Today.


Ponytail at the bars? Girl, let your hair down.


:lol:

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am

My body is ready.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 pm

...so eerily quiet... :shock: :? :roll:

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey guys. Eager for a decision from NU, just like the rest of you.

My interview was 1/17 and my most recent status update was 'Application Complete' 2/19.

Is there any consensus on expected timelines for decisions? When would be the typical decision date for these dates, and when's the earliest I could conceivably get a response?

Or just ignore my questions and tell me to settle the f*** down.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Hey guys. Eager for a decision from NU, just like the rest of you.

My interview was 1/17 and my most recent status update was 'Application Complete' 2/19.

Is there any consensus on expected timelines for decisions? When would be the typical decision date for these dates, and when's the earliest I could conceivably get a response?

Or just ignore my questions and tell me to settle the f*** down.

From last year's data on LSN, it looks like a decision will be in for you late March/mid April

Unless you have good numbers, which might put you up very soon

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:43 pm

rion91 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Hey guys. Eager for a decision from NU, just like the rest of you.

My interview was 1/17 and my most recent status update was 'Application Complete' 2/19.

Is there any consensus on expected timelines for decisions? When would be the typical decision date for these dates, and when's the earliest I could conceivably get a response?

Or just ignore my questions and tell me to settle the f*** down.

From last year's data on LSN, it looks like a decision will be in for you late March/mid April

Unless you have good numbers, which might put you up very soon


My numbers aren't particularly strong (167/3.5) but I come from a background of adversity (homeless at 14 and have taken care of myself ever since) and I feel like framing that in terms of how it's helped me grow/allowed me to thrive in difficult situations strengthened my application.

But we shall see.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I guess nothing today? :(

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:I guess nothing today? :(


Do they usually release stuff earlier rather than later? Unless you have some precedent, I wouldn't assume nothing will come through after 3pm....

So what's your deal? Is NU your first choice school? What other schools have you applied to?


User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:27 pm



Interesting. I don't actually use Twitter, so how can I find this person's twitter page?

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:33 pm

theramblingfool wrote:


Interesting. I don't actually use Twitter, so how can I find this person's twitter page?

I linked straight to it. Not sure if you need to login or not since I use it already. But basically the last wave went out last Friday so I doubt they're sending out anything today. He usually gives a heads up.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theramblingfool » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:41 pm

rion91 wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:


Interesting. I don't actually use Twitter, so how can I find this person's twitter page?

I linked straight to it. Not sure if you need to login or not since I use it already. But basically the last wave went out last Friday so I doubt they're sending out anything today. He usually gives a heads up.


:oops: THAT SENTENCE WAS ALSO A LINK. Boy do I feel stupid, now. Thanks a lot for the link!

showcasec6
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby showcasec6 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 pm

just FYI, I think it is their spring break next week. Being such, I wouldn't expect to hear any or much news soon.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Is there anywhere that they (NU) say the wait is normally 8 weeks? I remember someone else in this thread being concerned they went over 8 weeks, but I can't remember where they got 8 weeks from...
I ask because this Friday is 8 weeks for me since going complete. If the person above is correct and we get nothing this week or next, I may explode with anxiety.

Note: Found my first gray hair today. I blame NU completely since it's my dream school. Quit playing games with my heart!

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Application Complete date changed today.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Is there anywhere that they (NU) say the wait is normally 8 weeks? I remember someone else in this thread being concerned they went over 8 weeks, but I can't remember where they got 8 weeks from...
I ask because this Friday is 8 weeks for me since going complete. If the person above is correct and we get nothing this week or next, I may explode with anxiety.

Note: Found my first gray hair today. I blame NU completely since it's my dream school. Quit playing games with my heart!


Doesn't say you will receive a decision in 8 weeks.

"Information on when to expect your decision:
(1) The Admissions Committee begins reviewing completed applications in early December (with the exception of Two-Year JD applications – see #3 below).
(2) Once your application status is complete, please allow 8 weeks to receive a decision. If your application is complete before December, the 8-week period will begin on December 1.
(3) The Admissions Committee begins reviewing Two-Year JD applications in early February. Two-Year JD applicants will receive decisions beginning in April.
(4) Applications that are first received after the application deadline may not receive a decision until mid-June."

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

.
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:04 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Ricky Bobby, you inspired me.

I've withdrawn. Good luck to all of you and may the rest of your cycles be awesome!


Have you made a final decision fivestar? If so, congratulations on doing so. May the wait be over!

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 13694
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby star fox » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Got my interview tomorrow. Is it pretty standard softball type stuff?

User avatar
Mullens
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Mullens » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm

john7234797 wrote:Got my interview tomorrow. Is it pretty standard softball type stuff?


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200887&p=6234020&#p6234020

Best of luck! Don't wear purple.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 pm

.
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”