Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PhenomenalWoman

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Just got this email:

Dear LeBrarian,

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for Admission. To view your decision, which will be available after 6pm CST, please login to our Status Check webpage.

Please note that your decision letter will not be mail.

Regards,
The Admissions Committee

Dear Admissions Committee,

Please note that your spelling will not be check.

Regards,
LeBrarian

Hahahaha I noticed that too!

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:18 pm

jayausi wrote:I too received an email from the admissions pimps at the Northwestern University School of Law indicating that my application was being placed on hold. I submitted this particular application when it was still summer, so I fail to see the difference between waiting under the new status and the old status quo. Nevertheless, the email encouraged me to submit essay answers to pesky questions like "How would you shop for free on-line?" and "What would you do with a day off?". Bitch, I don't work. Every day is a day off for me. Plus, I already submitted three essays with my application, interviewed with an alumni and participated in that "voluntary" survey regarding the layout of their website. I really couldn't see the point in providing them with a second batch of information, especially since they weren't too productive with the first. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, get ho smacked to the O'Jays.

Withdraw

For all you Froot Loops keeping score, I am above both 75ths

Gold. :D

FlyingNorth

Postby FlyingNorth » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
jayausi wrote:I too received an email from the admissions pimps at the Northwestern University School of Law indicating that my application was being placed on hold. I submitted this particular application when it was still summer, so I fail to see the difference between waiting under the new status and the old status quo. Nevertheless, the email encouraged me to submit essay answers to pesky questions like "How would you shop for free on-line?" and "What would you do with a day off?". Bitch, I don't work. Every day is a day off for me. Plus, I already submitted three essays with my application, interviewed with an alumni and participated in that "voluntary" survey regarding the layout of their website. I really couldn't see the point in providing them with a second batch of information, especially since they weren't too productive with the first. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, get ho smacked to the O'Jays.

Withdraw

Gold. :D

Yeah, this gets a 180.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Withdraw

Wow. Big loss there.

kenwash

Postby kenwash » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Did any other 1/31 completes get passed over? Hopefully we'll be in the next wave this week.

renorunner

Postby renorunner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 am

kenwash wrote:Did any other 1/31 completes get passed over? Hopefully we'll be in the next wave this week.

I was 1/28 --> 2/19 and still no word. Right there with you, hoping for good news later this week.

Attax

Postby Attax » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am

I'm looking forward to these held essays/videos! They seem like pretty fun topics.

Arrow4Christ

Postby Arrow4Christ » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 am

I withdrew my application. Good luck, guys!

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:23 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Withdraw

Wow. Big loss there.

Yea, it doesn't really matter one way or the other Meat. It's March. The admissions pimps have already begun their newest cycle of institutionalized human trafficking, fine dining with the seat deposits and IOU's of future corporate slaves, stressing deadlines for the submission of intrusive loan applications which require a fee. (How much money do you expect to have in your cash, checking, savings and accessible trust fund accounts by September 1, 2014? Need Access would like to know because the T14 has plans for all of it). No decision from Northwestern by now likely means no scholarship. And you can bet your unsubsidized loans that I wasn't going to attend without that, and they're better off knowing it. Big loss. As for me, I'm best off riding a full scholarship through my local law school. The only loss will be that of some prestige, but I'm guessing the advantage of a free Juris Doctorate might offset that. Besides, I'm too old and financially sound to trade security for glamour anyway. Wu-Tang forever changed my stance on Dr. Suess nearly two decades ago. I'll leave the Cat-in-the-Hat-ass posturing to opportunists like Johann and the consequences of debt to the indentured, star-struck children of the T14.

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 am

Still Complete. Complete date sometime in 2011.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:45 am

jayausi wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Withdraw

Wow. Big loss there.

Yea, it doesn't really matter one way or the other Meat. It's March. The admissions pimps have already begun their newest cycle of institutionalized human trafficking, fine dining with the seat deposits and IOU's of future corporate slaves, stressing deadlines for the submission of intrusive loan applications which require a fee. (How much money do you expect to have in your cash, checking, savings and accessible trust fund accounts by September 1, 2014? Need Access would like to know because the T14 has plans for all of it). No decision from Northwestern by now likely means no scholarship. And you can bet your unsubsidized loans that I wasn't going to attend without that, and they're better off knowing it. Big loss. As for me, I'm best off riding a full scholarship through my local law school. The only loss will be that of some prestige, but I'm guessing the advantage of a free Juris Doctorate might offset that. Besides, I'm too old and financially sound to trade security for glamour anyway. Wu-Tang forever changed my stance on Dr. Suess nearly two decades ago. I'll leave the Cat-in-the-Hat-ass posturing to opportunists like Johann and the consequences of debt to the indentured, star-struck children of the T14.

Haha! You're a trip, dude. I like you and I don't know why.

gbelle

Postby gbelle » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 am

renorunner wrote:
kenwash wrote:Did any other 1/31 completes get passed over? Hopefully we'll be in the next wave this week.

I was 1/28 --> 2/19 and still no word. Right there with you, hoping for good news later this week.

2/19 here. And nothing.

phillywc wrote:Still Complete. Complete date sometime in 2011.

Bahahahah

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 am

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
jayausi wrote:

Withdraw

I prefer Something Happened for my corporate vitriol. I like the voice here, but I'm not sure it could be maintained over more than 1000 words. Best to layer hate, disdain, and depressed corporatism in mundane symbolism and ironic self-deprecation. Such aggressive anti-establishment rhetoric usually reads as internet fan-fiction. Nice Wu Tang/Dr. Suess bit though.

That said, I'll be happy to be indebted to the US Gov. via the fine institution of NU law. Sometimes I'm not sure we'd be productive members of the economy without loans to pay back. Thank you for withdrawing.

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 am

LOLZ
This escalated quickly.

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
jayausi wrote:

Withdraw

I prefer Something Happened for my corporate vitriol. I like the voice here, but I'm not sure it could be maintained over more than 1000 words. Best to layer hate, disdain, and depressed corporatism in mundane symbolism and ironic self-deprecation. Such aggressive anti-establishment rhetoric usually reads as internet fan-fiction. Nice Wu Tang/Dr. Suess bit though.

That said, I'll be happy to be indebted to the US Gov. via the fine institution of NU law. Sometimes I'm not sure we'd be productive members of the economy without loans to pay back. Thank you for withdrawing.

I don't know what "Something Happened for my corporate vitriol" means or why you prefer that. And I'm not trying to sustain "this voice" beyond a few cathartic rants. If you don't mind crippling, six-figure debt or taking orders as you toil you're way back to freedom, that's your line of business. For whatever reason, you find self-deprecation "best." I, on the other hand, find it difficult to believe anyone could be happy in that position but perhaps I'm biased: I'd rather not produce anything for your version of an economy whose functioning requires both my debt and my labor. That's some Wizard of Oz shit man and you don't need to visit Emerald City to peek behind that curtain: take a look at some of the other resources on this forum and educate yourself on the consequences of excessive law school debt. This isn't an irrelevant debate on some Corn Pop internet forum. This garbage is ruining people's lives.

There's nothing #photastic about that.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm

jayausi wrote:I don't know what "Something Happened for my corporate vitriol" means or why you prefer that. And I'm not trying to sustain "this voice" beyond a few cathartic rants. If you don't mind crippling, six-figure debt or taking orders as you toil you're way back to freedom, that's your line of business. For whatever reason, you find self-deprecation "best." I, on the other hand, find it difficult to believe anyone could be happy in that position but perhaps I'm biased: I'd rather not produce anything for your version of an economy whose functioning requires both my debt and my labor. That's some Wizard of Oz shit man and you don't need to visit Emerald City to peek behind that curtain: take a look at some of the other resources on this forum and educate yourself on the consequences of excessive law school debt. This isn't an irrelevant debate on some Corn Pop internet forum. This garbage is ruining people's lives.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103945&hilit=DING+BAR

It's funny that this outrage didn't manifest until you were held at NU. You were more than happy to tacitly endorse Johann and his dastardly cohorts when you thought they would offer you substantial scholarship money with minimal hoop-jumping. So you're outraged at the audacity of the entire law school/biglaw formula and the injustice of high debt, but only as it applies to you? If you're so worried about all of these ruined lives, where was this indignation when you thought the debt didn't apply to you?

I'm sorry, but this all sounds like sour grapes. Go enjoy whatever school gives you a full ride and quit shitting on the NU applicant thread. There are plenty of places to complain about the law school scam elsewhere on this site.
Last edited by Ricky-Bobby on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MnM22

Postby MnM22 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Anyone still complete 12/4 like me?

wojo98

Postby wojo98 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:If you're so worried about all of these ruined lives, where was this indignity when you thought the debt didn't apply to you?
I'm sorry, but this all sounds like sour grapes. Go enjoy whatever school gives you a full ride and quit shitting on the NU applicant thread. There are plenty of places to complain about the law school scam elsewhere on this site.

/claps

TITCR

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
jayausi wrote:This isn't an irrelevant debate on some Corn Pop internet forum. This garbage is ruining people's lives.

It's funny that this outrage didn't manifest until you were held at NU.

1) Something Happened, great book by Joseph Heller. Question could've been answered by googling.
2) Sorry lady/bro. Didn't know you couldn't handle tongue-in-cheek.
3) Many of us, ironically, do have realistic perspectives about law school's value. And while we celebrate our anxieties/hopes/dreams on this thread, we tamper them with realism on others.
4) As RB said, we have read the other threads. Feel free to post your rage there. Or in the Ding Bar.
5) I was ultimately just trying to communicate what RB said while having a bit of fun with it.
6) Sorry for your frustrations with NU, glad you have other great options. Enjoy the rest of your cycle.

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
jayausi wrote:I don't know what "Something Happened for my corporate vitriol" means or why you prefer that. And I'm not trying to sustain "this voice" beyond a few cathartic rants. If you don't mind crippling, six-figure debt or taking orders as you toil you're way back to freedom, that's your line of business. For whatever reason, you find self-deprecation "best." I, on the other hand, find it difficult to believe anyone could be happy in that position but perhaps I'm biased: I'd rather not produce anything for your version of an economy whose functioning requires both my debt and my labor. That's some Wizard of Oz shit man and you don't need to visit Emerald City to peek behind that curtain: take a look at some of the other resources on this forum and educate yourself on the consequences of excessive law school debt. This isn't an irrelevant debate on some Corn Pop internet forum. This garbage is ruining people's lives.

It's funny that this outrage didn't manifest until you were held at NU. You were more than happy to tacitly endorse Johann and his dastardly cohorts when you thought they would offer you substantial scholarship money with minimal hoop-jumping. So you're outraged at the audacity of the entire law school/biglaw formula and the injustice of high debt, but only as it applies to you? If you're so worried about all of these ruined lives, where was this indignation when you thought the debt didn't apply to you?

Whoa man, no need to wax paternal and start barking orders at me like this. This isn't outrage or defecation, just an opinion ( that goes back several years before you began your spree of excessive TLS posting in December) on the law school racquet and how it relates to my recent Northwestern admissions decision. I wasn't rejected so the DING BAR doesn't apply to me, but I'm sure the administrators will let me know if expressing my perspective here is out of bounds.

As for all your rhetorical questions about who I "endorse", what I find to be outrageous, whether the debt will ever apply to me and when and where my indignation has been expressed, the assumptions masked behind most of them are bogus. But as you courteously acknowledge, beyond my experience with the admissions department at Northwestern Law, this isn't the place for a debate about me, so I'll decline your invitation.

Lebrarian_Booker

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 pm

jayausi wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Whoa man, no need to wax paternal and start barking orders at me like this. This isn't outrage or defecation, just an opinion ( that goes back several years before you began your spree of excessive TLS posting in December) on the law school racquet and how it relates to my recent Northwestern admissions decision. I wasn't rejected so the DING BAR doesn't apply to me, but I'm sure the administrators will let me know if expressing my perspective here is out of bounds.

As for all your rhetorical questions about who I "endorse", what I find to be outrageous, whether the debt will ever apply to me and when and where my indignation has been expressed, the assumptions masked behind most of them are bogus. But as you courteously acknowledge, beyond my experience with the admissions department at Northwestern Law, this isn't the place for a debate about me, so I'll decline your invitation.

NYC-WVU

Postby NYC-WVU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:37 pm

PhenomenalWoman wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Just got this email:

Dear LeBrarian,

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for Admission. To view your decision, which will be available after 6pm CST, please login to our Status Check webpage.

Please note that your decision letter will not be mail.

Regards,
The Admissions Committee

Dear Admissions Committee,

Please note that your spelling will not be check.

Regards,
LeBrarian

Hahahaha I noticed that too!

It's definitely weird that they didn't say "your decision letter will not be mailed." But I'm not sure that this is a spelling error. It might just be a very awkward way of saying "You will have to view your decision letter on the Status Check because you will not receive a decision letter in the form of mail."
Last edited by NYC-WVU on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyromancer

Postby Pyromancer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Had my second complete day today

NYC-WVU

Postby NYC-WVU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

jayausi wrote:Yea, it doesn't really matter one way or the other Meat. It's March. The admissions pimps have already begun their newest cycle of institutionalized human trafficking, fine dining with the seat deposits and IOU's of future corporate slaves, stressing deadlines for the submission of intrusive loan applications which require a fee. (How much money do you expect to have in your cash, checking, savings and accessible trust fund accounts by September 1, 2014? Need Access would like to know because the T14 has plans for all of it). No decision from Northwestern by now likely means no scholarship. And you can bet your unsubsidized loans that I wasn't going to attend without that, and they're better off knowing it. Big loss. As for me, I'm best off riding a full scholarship through my local law school. The only loss will be that of some prestige, but I'm guessing the advantage of a free Juris Doctorate might offset that. Besides, I'm too old and financially sound to trade security for glamour anyway. Wu-Tang forever changed my stance on Dr. Suess nearly two decades ago. I'll leave the Cat-in-the-Hat-ass posturing to opportunists like Johann and the consequences of debt to the indentured, star-struck children of the T14.

Withdraw

You're too "old" (implying not KJD) and above both 75ths . . . ? ? ?
Would you be willing to share your Personal Statement?

jayausi

Postby jayausi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
jayausi wrote:This isn't an irrelevant debate on some Corn Pop internet forum. This garbage is ruining people's lives.

It's funny that this outrage didn't manifest until you were held at NU.

1) Something Happened, great book by Joseph Heller. Question could've been answered by googling.
2) Sorry lady/bro. Didn't know you couldn't handle tongue-in-cheek.
3) Many of us, ironically, do have realistic perspectives about law school's value. And while we celebrate our anxieties/hopes/dreams on this thread, we tamper them with realism on others.
4) As RB said, we have read the other threads. Feel free to post your rage there. Or in the Ding Bar.
5) I was ultimately just trying to communicate what RB said while having a bit of fun with it.
6) Sorry for your frustrations with NU, glad you have other great options. Enjoy the rest of your cycle.

It's cool, I forgive you Bubba. Before you dive headfirst into those video responses though, make sure you have #3 fully covered. You wouldn't want to wind up "tampering" here in a few years: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=225352.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”