Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Serett wrote:
p_monayy wrote:Hi everyone,

I was held today. I didn't do an interview because I applied late/am from West coast so off-campus interview deadline had passed and I just couldn't go out there.

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether I can still interview now that I'm on hold to help my chances?

Sorry if this has been answered or is a dumb question. I couldn't find an answer...


http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... /hold.html

Northwestern wrote:If you have not participated in an on-campus interview, you may schedule an interview in March. Please note that March interviews are reserved for hold candidates who have not yet interviewed with us, or who have only done an off-campus interview with an alum. If we are able to offer additional interview spots, we will make an announcement through our Twitter feed and Facebook page.


Well, look at that.

User avatar
Plainsman11011
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Plainsman11011 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

kenwash wrote:
Plainsman11011 wrote:In just now... Some acceptances are definitely going out today!

Congrats! I was worried this would be a slow day. When did you go complete?

Complete 1/8, interview last week.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whereskyle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:36 am

Plainsman11011 wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Plainsman11011 wrote:In just now... Some acceptances are definitely going out today!

Congrats! I was worried this would be a slow day. When did you go complete?

Complete 1/8, interview last week.


Congratulations to you!

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby angels2fly » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 am

Plainsman11011 wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Plainsman11011 wrote:In just now... Some acceptances are definitely going out today!

Congrats! I was worried this would be a slow day. When did you go complete?

Complete 1/8, interview last week.


howd you go complete pre interview?

eta: congrats!!

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

any decisions going out today?

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:29 pm

magjag wrote:any decisions going out today?



Sigh. I wish. But I doubt. Even if it's a ding, I just want to know! (last update 2/19).

Anyone know the typical time frame between a date change and a decision? I was complete 1/17, date change 2/19.

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:
magjag wrote:any decisions going out today?



Sigh. I wish. But I doubt. Even if it's a ding, I just want to know! (last update 2/19).

Anyone know the typical time frame between a date change and a decision? I was complete 1/17, date change 2/19.


I thought NW went from complete->decision directly.............................

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ditka747 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:37 pm

magjag wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
magjag wrote:any decisions going out today?



Sigh. I wish. But I doubt. Even if it's a ding, I just want to know! (last update 2/19).

Anyone know the typical time frame between a date change and a decision? I was complete 1/17, date change 2/19.


I thought NW went from complete->decision directly.............................


Nope. I went complete, date change on the 6th, and now waiting. Maybe they go the direct route for people they really want.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Is anyone else still 12/6 no decision?

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm

MnM22 wrote:Is anyone else still 12/6 no decision?


Yep. Hopefully we'll hear some good news next week.

magjag
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby magjag » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Ditka747 wrote:
magjag wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
magjag wrote:any decisions going out today?



Sigh. I wish. But I doubt. Even if it's a ding, I just want to know! (last update 2/19).

Anyone know the typical time frame between a date change and a decision? I was complete 1/17, date change 2/19.


I thought NW went from complete->decision directly.............................


Nope. I went complete, date change on the 6th, and now waiting. Maybe they go the direct route for people they really want.

I see, so I was mistaken. I have been complete since early Jan now but no status update. I guess either they forgot about me or threw my app in the waste paper basket :)

philipthegreat
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby philipthegreat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 am

Applied in November but didn't get an interview until February. Did anybody else have to wait for over 6 weeks? (Off-campus)

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kobe1020 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:24 am

i know the deadline has passed but on LSAC website the application is still available. So technically i can still submit my app? But will NU even look at it?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 am

kobe1020 wrote:i know the deadline has passed but on LSAC website the application is still available. So technically i can still submit my app? But will NU even look at it?


I would contact them directly and ask

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 pm

I've been laying low since it seemed to be a very small wave but...I was accepted last week :D

>75th LSAT, 75th GPA, KJD

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2373
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby georgej » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 pm

scoobers wrote:I've been laying low since it seemed to be a very small wave but...I was accepted last week :D

>75th LSAT, 75th GPA, KJD


Congratulations, Scoobers. It's nice the wave was bigger than it first appeared, also.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:10 pm

georgej wrote:
scoobers wrote:I've been laying low since it seemed to be a very small wave but...I was accepted last week :D

>75th LSAT, 75th GPA, KJD


Congratulations, Scoobers. It's nice the wave was bigger than it first appeared, also.


Thanks! It actually wasn't during the wave, either. Everything changed separately from when everyone else's statuses were.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Congrats scoobers!

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Congrats scoobers!

User avatar
admiringatticus
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby admiringatticus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Has anyone gotten accepted without a work reference?

I submitted mine with all academic references and am still waiting on my professional reference to submit. Wondering if they will accept me without it...

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby fivestarfolds » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 pm

.
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfeature
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

.

Postby bigfeature » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 am

.
Last edited by bigfeature on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby capt_slow » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am

I assume he was talking about held videos, and yes.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby fivestarfolds » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 pm

.
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby capt_slow » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Correct. Uploading = submitting




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ginawwhan, Nickel94, notnecessarilyproper, RictusErectus, TakeItToTrial, Zoe107 and 14 guests