Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gbelle

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am

Fingers crossed that today's the day for good news! Def would LOVE to be joining you all in the fall.

User avatar
pompoms

Bronze
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby pompoms » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am

Who thinks AJD Decisions are coming today? Or are they taking us down to the wire?

User avatar
kmiller

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kmiller » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:44 am

pompoms wrote:Who thinks AJD Decisions are coming today? Or are they taking us down to the wire?


My gut says they will make us wait it out, but fingers crossed I'm wrong!

User avatar
MnM22

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MnM22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 am

gbelle wrote:Fingers crossed that today's the day for good news! Def would LOVE to be joining you all in the fall.


No news from Johann yet, but tis early. :) I really think today is the day! :mrgreen:

berndie90 wrote:Jumped from 12/3 complete to 1/28 complete today. Does a UR2 date generally mean decision is coming for RD?


We don't know but I had a 1/27 so hopefully good things are coming today!

SplitMyPants

Gold
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am

.
Last edited by SplitMyPants on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yossarian

Silver
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:36 am

Finally got that Application Complete 1/29!

Submitted: Early December; Interview 1/21

User avatar
gbelle

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:49 pm

yossarian71 wrote:Finally got that Application Complete 1/29!

Submitted: Early December; Interview 1/21


Yay! Welcome to the crew, arguably one of the best on TLS...in my humble opinion :mrgreen:

kcdc1

Silver
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kcdc1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

When is the wire for AJD decisions? Did they promise to get us decisions some time soon?

User avatar
Leo

Bronze
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Leo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:57 pm

kcdc1 wrote:When is the wire for AJD decisions? Did they promise to get us decisions some time soon?

Feb 1

User avatar
FlyingNorth

Bronze
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FlyingNorth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Interview tomorrow with an associate at V20.

Wish me luck!

SplitMyPants

Gold
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:12 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:Interview tomorrow with an associate at V20.

Wish me luck!


Good luck!

kcdc1

Silver
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kcdc1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Leo wrote:
kcdc1 wrote:When is the wire for AJD decisions? Did they promise to get us decisions some time soon?

Feb 1


I filed AJD at NW on 1/9 and have been sitting at Complete since 1/10. With no UR status update, and Johann's tweet that AJD data had to be manually pulled, I wouldn't be surprised if the decisions were later than anticipated.

mx23250

Silver
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:09 pm

kcdc1 wrote:
Leo wrote:
kcdc1 wrote:When is the wire for AJD decisions? Did they promise to get us decisions some time soon?

Feb 1


I filed AJD at NW on 1/9 and have been sitting at Complete since 1/10. With no UR status update, and Johann's tweet that AJD data had to be manually pulled, I wouldn't be surprised if the decisions were later than anticipated.


In his same tweet he mentioned "Files will not be negatively impacted due to delay.", which made me think there won't be a delay. I would imagine if they weren't planning on releasing decisions by Feb. 1st they would have said something?

User avatar
kemosabe

Bronze
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kemosabe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 pm

mx23250 wrote:
kcdc1 wrote:
Leo wrote:
kcdc1 wrote:When is the wire for AJD decisions? Did they promise to get us decisions some time soon?

Feb 1


I filed AJD at NW on 1/9 and have been sitting at Complete since 1/10. With no UR status update, and Johann's tweet that AJD data had to be manually pulled, I wouldn't be surprised if the decisions were later than anticipated.


In his same tweet he mentioned "Files will not be negatively impacted due to delay.", which made me think there won't be a delay. I would imagine if they weren't planning on releasing decisions by Feb. 1st they would have said something?


Let's hope. Does anyone know when scholarship information is typically released for AJD applicants?

jk148706

Gold
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

No decisions today, per Johanns Twitter. But he indicated some this week

JustHawkin

Gold
Posts: 1783
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:25 pm

For those submitted in Jan, has anyone gone complete without an interview request?

User avatar
wojo98

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wojo98 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

jk148706 wrote:No decisions today, per Johanns Twitter. But he indicated some this week


The exact quote:

No decisions today. The rest of the week, however, may feel like this. http://youtu.be/jbXPhOFRxTc


Oh man.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess

Gold
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:29 pm

jk148706 wrote:No decisions today, per Johanns Twitter. But he indicated some this week


And based on the rollercoaster youtube, I think we're in for a lot of waitlists. Fuck.

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 pm

jk148706 wrote:No decisions today, per Johanns Twitter. But he indicated some this week


And by "indicated some this week," it means he posted a youtube vid of a roller coaster, so...expect dings, everyone.

User avatar
d cooper

Bronze
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby d cooper » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 pm

But roller coasters are... fun? Right guys?

jk148706

Gold
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Not sure why everyone thinks a roller coaster means anything bad. Probably a lot of dings WLs and admits

User avatar
sandwich

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby sandwich » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:40 pm

jk148706 wrote:Not sure why everyone thinks a roller coaster means anything bad. Probably a lot of dings WLs and admits



I agree. Roller coasters as "awesome" or "terrifying" is subjective, but roller coasters as a metaphor for both highs and lows is pretty universally accepted in America.

User avatar
esrom55

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby esrom55 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

sandwich wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Not sure why everyone thinks a roller coaster means anything bad. Probably a lot of dings WLs and admits



I agree. Roller coasters as "awesome" or "terrifying" is subjective, but roller coasters as a metaphor for both highs and lows is pretty universally accepted in America.


Or maybe only applicants from Sandusky, Ohio will be receiving decisions this week?

User avatar
wojo98

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wojo98 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:48 pm

jk148706 wrote:Not sure why everyone thinks a roller coaster means anything bad. Probably a lot of dings WLs and admits


What's consensus regarding AJD WL: anything to be done to actively get over the hump (e.g. something aggressive such as retaking/boosting GMAT in the next month)? Or is it purely a waiting game?

User avatar
Arrow4Christ

Bronze
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm

JustHawkin wrote:For those submitted in Jan, has anyone gone complete without an interview request?


I've been complete since 1/14 with no interview request.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests