Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby sandwich » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Woah. I didn't anticipate random RD decisions going out.

Bummer for you :( Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:So. I know it's way too early now, but I wanted to have a timeline in mind because I've seen several people interview and go complete the same day. This indicates to me that as soon as the interviewer files her/his report, the status checker should update.

I interviewed Tuesday 1/21. At what point, if any, should I reach out if still incomplete?
Should I reach out to Admissions or to my Interviewer?


No :)

It took about 2 weeks for me


Thanks! I'll try to control myself.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 pm

sandwich wrote:Woah. I didn't anticipate random RD decisions going out.

Bummer for you :( Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

I mean, I was pretty far off their numbers. I was probably one of those apps the adcomms looked at, chuckled to themselves, and then tossed in the "Reject" pile.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm

So, I interviewed about a week ago now, and my status is still incomplete. Should I reach out to my interviewer?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Attax wrote:So, I interviewed about a week ago now, and my status is still incomplete. Should I reach out to my interviewer?


No. Give it a few more weeks. If you didn't already you can send your interviewer a thank you email, but don't say anything like "please hurry up" etc.

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kathj06 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Has anyone started the scholarship application yet? When it says, "please assess your position for merit aid," I'm assuming that means you're supposed to state your case for why you think you deserve merit money? Seems a little awkward.

Also, apologies if this is not the right thread for this. Don't think there is a Northwestern c/o 2017 thread yet but didn't want to start one yet.

amglanyc
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby amglanyc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:52 pm

wojo98 wrote:AJD applicant checking in (submitted 1/6; incomplete awaiting LSDAS report pull). A reach with my numbers (median GPA; <25% exam), though 5 years of elite-ish/compelling WE. Absolutely love this school/program.

Good luck all.

Where were you able to find the median GPA for the AJD program? Good luck!

User avatar
wojo98
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wojo98 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm

amglanyc wrote:
wojo98 wrote:AJD applicant checking in (submitted 1/6; incomplete awaiting LSDAS report pull). A reach with my numbers, though 5 years of elite-ish/compelling WE. Absolutely love this school/program.

Good luck all.

Where were you able to find the median GPA for the AJD program? Good luck!


It's a bit of a guesstimate. An official AJD median is unavailable; however, the AJD middle 50% range (3.24-3.82) is a hair lower than the rest of the pool (3.75; 3.28-3.82).
Last edited by wojo98 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby paglababa » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Still waiting on those AJD decisions. :D

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby sandwich » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:43 pm

paglababa wrote:Still waiting on those AJD ANY decisions. :D


...please?

gimmedanger
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gimmedanger » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

jstep wrote:
gimmedanger wrote:I'm in!!! first t14 acceptance!!

3.67/171

No mention of $$ though... does that come later or should I not count on it?


When was your last UR update? And congrats!


I wasn't really checking my status tracker other than to make sure all the pieces were there. I have enough stress as it is!!

Ally Mcbeal
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Hears ping that lets me know I have an email. Mini heart attack. Opens email. Pizza Hut wants to let me know they have a deal on stuffed crust pizzas :|

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Hears ping that lets me know I have an email. Mini heart attack. Opens email. Pizza Hut wants to let me know they have a deal on stuffed crust pizzas :|


And you're upset you received that email??

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby yossarian » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Hears ping that lets me know I have an email. Mini heart attack. Opens email. Pizza Hut wants to let me know they have a deal on stuffed crust pizzas :|


Don't you talk shit about stuffed crust pizzas.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 pm

I didn't get that :( and I love stuffed crust!

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Still quiet on Johann's twitter.

ChicagoCPA
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ChicagoCPA » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Sounds like next week guys! ( :( )

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8809
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Serett » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I finally went in for my interview this week, so I'm formally joining the waiters.

User avatar
AstonMartin177
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AstonMartin177 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 pm

According to Johann's twitter: more packages going out in the mail

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:
sandwich wrote:Woah. I didn't anticipate random RD decisions going out.

Bummer for you :( Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

I mean, I was pretty far off their numbers. I was probably one of those apps the adcomms looked at, chuckled to themselves, and then tossed in the "Reject" pile.



You never know. A 158 LSAT got accepted via LSN
I'm not abandoning hope yet!

dredougpondcumings
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby dredougpondcumings » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:
sandwich wrote:Woah. I didn't anticipate random RD decisions going out.

Bummer for you :( Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

I mean, I was pretty far off their numbers. I was probably one of those apps the adcomms looked at, chuckled to themselves, and then tossed in the "Reject" pile.



You never know. A 158 LSAT got accepted via LSN
I'm not abandoning hope yet!


I saw that too. I think that person was an AA urm though

User avatar
carmensandiego
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby carmensandiego » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:30 am

Anyone who was held from ED get any news yet?

I was held and there have been no changes. I'm taking the Feb LSAT, so I wouldn't be shocked if they held me over until those decisions are posted though.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Had my first update to 1/24 since going complete in early January.

RD people that have been accepted. Did you get multiple date changes? When was your last one prior to your decision.

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby MT Cicero » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:12 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Had my first update to 1/24 since going complete in early January.

RD people that have been accepted. Did you get multiple date changes? When was your last one prior to your decision.


I was actually just complete on 30 Sep until I got the acceptance on 19 Dec. No date changes.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Soco Law wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Had my first update to 1/24 since going complete in early January.

RD people that have been accepted. Did you get multiple date changes? When was your last one prior to your decision.


I was actually just complete on 30 Sep until I got the acceptance on 19 Dec. No date changes.


Oh ok, interesting. I wonder what this means for those of us who received a second update yesterday.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cowgirl, fountainja, joezze, malysh, MSNbot Media, rizzlebizness, woojin1287 and 10 guests