Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is Duke Law School your top choice?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes.
8
36%
No.
11
50%
I have no clue.
3
14%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby drawstring » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:04 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Just submitted with PT. Checking in.


x2

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Do PT acceptances come with scholarship offers, or does that happen later?

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby t14splitter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 pm

midwest17 wrote:Do PT acceptances come with scholarship offers, or does that happen later?



That comes later. The acceptance packet mentioned that they would send scholarship info in December and you need to apply for it then.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm

checking in. just got the priority app :)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Invited to PT app and a fee waiver. Yay

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby phillywc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:12 pm

scoobers wrote:checking in. just got the priority app :)

I didn't get this.


ALSO WHEN DID YOU MAKE THIS POST WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER ALL DAY.

gatorgal
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby gatorgal » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Just got my acceptance! Those emails really come at any time, don't they? Wasn't expecting it at 8pm on a Friday!

I was PT, didn't write a "Why Duke" (though my PS was tailored).

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:23 pm

IN!! :)

PT and wrote a why duke.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby samoby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:52 am

Does the day you go complete count as one of the 10 days? Probably not, but anxious about when I may hear!

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby HarvardHopeful » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 am

samoby wrote:Does the day you go complete count as one of the 10 days? Probably not, but anxious about when I may hear!


From what I've gathered the day you went complete does count. Counting that day, I got my decision the 9th day at 8pm. Good Luck!!

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby samoby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
samoby wrote:Does the day you go complete count as one of the 10 days? Probably not, but anxious about when I may hear!


From what I've gathered the day you went complete does count. Counting that day, I got my decision the 9th day at 8pm. Good Luck!!


You, too! Thanks for the info!

User avatar
JMKeynes
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JMKeynes » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Does anyone know anything about the $30K ($10K per year) grant for ED admits? This is a really tempting offer for someone with borderline numbers who probably won't be getting more than $10K per year anywhere else in the T14. Anyone have any other info besides what is provided on Duke's site?

User avatar
mylifeis24
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mylifeis24 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Checking in. Applied yesterday via PT, but app is still incomplete in their system. Thinking about sending in a quick Why Duke based on comments.

luckystar84
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycl

Postby luckystar84 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:58 pm

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckystar84
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby luckystar84 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 am

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 am

..

User avatar
mylifeis24
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mylifeis24 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:41 am

Complete as of today! Will be sending a Why Duke addendum later today. Begin 10 long days.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:44 am

I've been non-PT UR since 9/24. It's torturous.

User avatar
Motivator9
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Motivator9 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:I've been non-PT UR since 9/24. It's torturous.


Sorry if this has been addressed already, but does anyone know what numbers one has to have to be considered for their full tuition scholarship?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Guys, I have a minor drinking violation when I was in undergrad. I acknowledged that in the CF part of Duke's app, but they want some letter from a dean or officer or somehing. I mean my violation was very minor I got slapped with a small fine from the school. Has anyone else gone thru this yet ??

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4123
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:34 pm

jk148706 wrote:Guys, I have a minor drinking violation when I was in undergrad. I acknowledged that in the CF part of Duke's app, but they want some letter from a dean or officer or somehing. I mean my violation was very minor I got slapped with a small fine from the school. Has anyone else gone thru this yet ??


I went through this very thing. Ask your registrar to send something describing your disciplinary record to Duke. They do this kind of thing often, and should know how to handle it.

In my case, the violation was so minor the school had no record of it, and just sent Duke something saying they had no record of me ever having been in trouble at all. Duke seemed placated by that.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:46 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Guys, I have a minor drinking violation when I was in undergrad. I acknowledged that in the CF part of Duke's app, but they want some letter from a dean or officer or somehing. I mean my violation was very minor I got slapped with a small fine from the school. Has anyone else gone thru this yet ??


I went through this very thing. Ask your registrar to send something describing your disciplinary record to Duke. They do this kind of thing often, and should know how to handle it.

In my case, the violation was so minor the school had no record of it, and just sent Duke something saying they had no record of me ever having been in trouble at all. Duke seemed placated by that.



Ok great thanks.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anubis1911 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I got Priority waitlisted. Stats:
165 LSAT
3.64 GPA
AA Male
No Why Duke

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:16 pm

You guys freaked me out enough that I just wrote a Why Duke essay and sent it to be added to my application

92653
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 92653 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:37 am

Just to help alleviate a little bit of the stress. (Because y'all had me really worried here!)

I got in this week: 10th day of Priority Track, no Why Duke, and had high enough numbers that if they were doing YP for those not doing the Why Duke, they'd have likely not admitted me. Without countering the advice here (because everyone is different), I'd say not to worry if you've already applied and didn't do a Why Duke.

Good luck, y'all. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”