Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is Duke Law School your top choice?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes.
8
36%
No.
11
50%
I have no clue.
3
14%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Yea All Right
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Yea All Right » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:26 pm

RaiderRowing2010 wrote:Checking in. File went complete for RD back on 11/25. Finally went UR 1/21.

I've been a lurker for months but the wait has gotten to me so deeply that I finally had to voice my impatience here! I'm a reverse splitter with pretty strong softs (at least I think/hope so). From what I've seen here I've started hoping that my high GPA will give me some pull but I guess we shall see. Duke has become my number 1 so I'm getting antsy DAHH.

Any guesses as to when I can expect UR2 and how far the jump is for UR2 to a decision?


I have similar dates so far, RD complete on 11/20 and UR 1/21.

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby King Cayuga » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:15 am

RaiderRowing2010 wrote:Checking in. File went complete for RD back on 11/25. Finally went UR 1/21.

I've been a lurker for months but the wait has gotten to me so deeply that I finally had to voice my impatience here! I'm a reverse splitter with pretty strong softs (at least I think/hope so). From what I've seen here I've started hoping that my high GPA will give me some pull but I guess we shall see. Duke has become my number 1 so I'm getting antsy DAHH.

Any guesses as to when I can expect UR2 and how far the jump is for UR2 to a decision?


I've been UR1 since 1/6 after being complete since 10/28. So probably not for a while.

copperboom22
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby copperboom22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Went UR2 this morning, I'm PT and my tenth day is Sunday so still just waiting but thought I'd check in and see if anybody has similar dates.

Complete: 1/30
UR1: 1/31
UR2: 2/04

I'm right at 75th for GPA and 1 point under median for LSAT, so it could go either way. Getting soo anxious/excited to hear back from places, productivity has dropped to an all time low as I bounce between 5 different status checkers a few times each hour :) :shock:

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm

copperboom22 wrote:Went UR2 this morning, I'm PT and my tenth day is Sunday so still just waiting but thought I'd check in and see if anybody has similar dates.

Complete: 1/30
UR1: 1/31
UR2: 2/04

I'm right at 75th for GPA and 1 point under median for LSAT, so it could go either way. Getting soo anxious/excited to hear back from places, productivity has dropped to an all time low as I bounce between 5 different status checkers a few times each hour :) :shock:


Good luck!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:56 pm

This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:58 pm

JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


Me too. :|

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby lsatnoob » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


Me too. :|

+3 not getting to sit with the cool kids really sucks

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:06 pm

lsatnoob wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


Me too. :|

+3 not getting to sit with the cool kids really sucks


+4 I feel like I'm going to get my admission decision in May at this rate.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:11 pm

lsatnoob wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


Me too. :|

+3 not getting to sit with the cool kids really sucks


The priority reserve table has the coolest ones. Priority reserve is an oxymoron, isn't it?

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby retaking23 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm

JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


I want you all to know I'm pullin for ya'lls (including you Otunga). December retakers 4 lyfe.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:30 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
lsatnoob wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:This whole PT thing makes me feel inadequate.


Me too. :|

+3 not getting to sit with the cool kids really sucks


+4 I feel like I'm going to get my admission decision in May at this rate.


add me to this crowd... gotta be honest, doesn't give me warm and fuzzy duke feels.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sandwich » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:21 pm

gobears!! wrote:any non PT folks still hanging out with a UR in the first week of January? I would love to hear that I am not alone



Oh! Me! Let's be friends!

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:30 pm

sandwich wrote:
gobears!! wrote:any non PT folks still hanging out with a UR in the first week of January? I would love to hear that I am not alone



Oh! Me! Let's be friends!


UR since 12/9 -_- Trying to be patient but this is getting hard...

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:31 pm

sandwich wrote:
gobears!! wrote:any non PT folks still hanging out with a UR in the first week of January? I would love to hear that I am not alone



Oh! Me! Let's be friends!

Can the second week of January join in on the fun?

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sandwich » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:01 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
sandwich wrote:
gobears!! wrote:any non PT folks still hanging out with a UR in the first week of January? I would love to hear that I am not alone



Oh! Me! Let's be friends!

Can the second week of January join in on the fun?


Definitely. Us waiters gotta stick together!

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:04 am

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

IrishCatholic09
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby IrishCatholic09 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 pm

wealtheow wrote:

add me to this crowd... gotta be honest, doesn't give me warm and fuzzy duke feels.


I completely agree with this sentiment. Based on the numbers I've seen here from some people who got the PT track I feel fairly confident I could've been one of them, but I submitted my applications crazy fast after I formally signed up on LSAC for the credential services. I'd emailed them about a fee waiver and they said they look into this stuff every few weeks so I honestly don't know if I'd ever been looked at for the potential of a PT invite.

Waiting forever as a result (with zero communication from adcomms there) doesn't exactly sell the school well when compared with others that I know I'm in at, and even some that I'm still waiting for. This is just very very bad PR on a small scale.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:58 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:What are the lowest LSAT scores we've seen that got offered the PT option through CRS?


I got offered a fee waiver + PT about a week after scores came out for the Dec exam. I was really surprised, and am fully expecting a ding....but would be thrilled with a WL. Stats in profile.

kartelite
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby kartelite » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:What are the lowest LSAT scores we've seen that got offered the PT option through CRS?


I doubt it was just based on LSAT score, since I had a 176 and wasn't offered PT. I emailed the admissions office and they granted a fee waiver though.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby vuthy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:05 pm

I totally agree with the sentiments above about the PT/non-PT thing. Maybe in a world without the internet, it wouldn't be a big deal. But the whole process is now very transparent in terms of dates. So seeing this in crowd/out crowd is really off-putting, especially because the gap between decision timetables is so huge.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
mes10d wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:What are the lowest LSAT scores we've seen that got offered the PT option through CRS?


I got offered a fee waiver + PT about a week after scores came out for the Dec exam. I was really surprised, and am fully expecting a ding....but would be thrilled with a WL. Stats in profile.


Congrats! I take it you're still waiting to submit or are still waiting to hear?


Thanks! I'm submitting today. I'll keep y'all posted. :D

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:16 pm

vuthy wrote:I totally agree with the sentiments above about the PT/non-PT thing. Maybe in a world without the internet, it wouldn't be a big deal. But the whole process is now very transparent in terms of dates. So seeing this in crowd/out crowd is really off-putting, especially because the gap between decision timetables is so huge.


There doesn't look to be any rhyme or reason to it. Is that the consensus?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, cathy95, ec333, HennessyVSOP, mike90018, oliviaj_j, spursforever, swoonster, tylergreenandgold and 10 guests