Dominican_Lawyer wrote:Hey Priority Reserve here. I was placed on PR about a month ago. I am currently trying to write a LOCI right now, but i am having trouble. I don't have any of the traditional information for an update: new grades, new job, award, etc. I am tempted to write a Why Duke or Why Duke centered LOCI.
I am now UNLEASHING the questions:
1. CAN/SHOULD I send the admission committee a Why Duke instead of a LOCI?
2. If NO to first question, is it appropriate to write the LOCI sort of as a Why DUKE? And if so, to what extent?
3. How long should it be? 1 page max.?
4. If Duke is A top choice instead of the ONLY top choice for me, how strong should I word my interest? I don't want to undersell myself because there is a really high chance that I would attend Duke especially with $$.
5. Bonus: What are the chances to be admitted off PR.
Even if you do not answer any of my questions, I would to thank you for sparing a couple of the minutes that you could have spent on satiating the urges brought on by the admissions process, to read my post.
If you can answer any of my question I am informing you that you will earn my everlasting respect and fealty. If you answer all four questions seriously as I deem it (loophole closed ) than I will name a star after your usnername http://www.starnamer.net/. As we all know on TLS, this practice bestows great luck upon the cycle of the TLSer who is granted the star.
1.) A LOCI can be a Why Duke. Just start it with "I am writing to express my continued interest in attending Duke Law. Duke has been among my top choices...[insert reasons here]
2.) See above
3.) About a page, I'd think. I would make it the body of your email, and end with "the contents of this email is attached as well" or something like that.
4.) If you have a high chance of attending the school, then it is among your top choices, so say that. Schools know that it comes down to other things. In fact, if it were your ABSOLUTE top choice, you would have EDed. So just say it is among your top choices. You shouldn't be going on and on about how much it is your top choice, instead you should be writing WHY it has that place.
5.) No idea. Good luck!