Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is Duke Law School your top choice?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes.
8
36%
No.
11
50%
I have no clue.
3
14%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


Si - assuming you mean "priority reserve". 3.9x/168. No Why Duke but I'm considering a LOCI.

CBent88
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby CBent88 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Any knowledge as to whether it is better to submit a LOCI immediately after being placed on Priority Reserve or waiting a bit (i.e. a few weeks)?

I submitted a "Why Duke" with my PT application.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby samoby » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 pm

CBent88 wrote:Any knowledge as to whether it is better to submit a LOCI immediately after being placed on Priority Reserve or waiting a bit (i.e. a few weeks)?

I submitted a "Why Duke" with my PT application.


I don't know if I did the right thing or not, but I was put on PR at the beginning of November (submitted a Why Duke with my app, too), and I didn't submit a LOCI until relatively recently.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby anubis1911 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey all, I submitted my LOCI as soon as I was priority reserved via snail mail and have heard nothing back? Is this normal? Or did it get lost in the mail?

Instinctive
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Instinctive » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:36 pm

I haven't seen any mention yet, and I'll likely make a post in a different sub forum as well, but do we have anyone in here who has had a Mordecai interview and wanted to share their experience? I can PM of course.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Fianna13 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 pm

well, shit. I didn't know I had to apply for the PT.I just applied online. I sent out my application on Friday night. So does that mean I won't be reviewed under the PT track?

User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby furrrman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:35 pm

I submitted LOCI about a week after getting PR (no Why Duke). Been about a month and no movement. My guess is it doesn't matter when you submit.

If i had to take a (totally uneducated) guess I would say they are waiting to go through the ED pool before going back to the PR people. Given that maybe it makes sense to save your LOCI until you think they are going back to the PR pool, perhaps after we start seeing a bunch of ED admits.

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby gta » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Fianna13 wrote:well, shit. I didn't know I had to apply for the PT.I just applied online. I sent out my application on Friday night. So does that mean I won't be reviewed under the PT track?


If you got a PT invite, you can still submit the PT "application" (which is like your name and ID number, and that's about it) after you submit the Duke app and be fine. That's what I did, and I got my decision 6 days after I went complete.

User avatar
Black_Swan
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Black_Swan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm

jk148706 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


I was


:shock: Jeez. Why Duke essay?

User avatar
Black_Swan
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Black_Swan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Otunga wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


Si - assuming you mean "priority reserve". 3.9x/168. No Why Duke but I'm considering a LOCI.


I meant priority track with a decision within 10 days.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby midwest17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Black_Swan wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


Si - assuming you mean "priority reserve". 3.9x/168. No Why Duke but I'm considering a LOCI.


I meant priority track with a decision within 10 days.


Duke has two waitlists, it seems - a standard one, and one called "Priority Reserve." There have been plenty of people in this thread who got PR off of PT. I believe there was one near the beginning who got the standard waitlist, but I don't remember any others.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby Otunga » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm

midwest17 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


Si - assuming you mean "priority reserve". 3.9x/168. No Why Duke but I'm considering a LOCI.


I meant priority track with a decision within 10 days.


Duke has two waitlists, it seems - a standard one, and one called "Priority Reserve." There have been plenty of people in this thread who got PR off of PT. I believe there was one near the beginning who got the standard waitlist, but I don't remember any others.


OK. I was assuming that PR was exclusively for waitlisted PT people.

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby sandwich » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Otunga wrote:
OK. I was assuming that PR was exclusively for waitlisted PT people.



Actually, that's a good point. I'm assuming that you can't get PR unless you go PT, but I have no basis for thinking this. I'm thinking of some super splitter/reverse splitter who doesn't look good enough on paper to get PT, but then once the app is submitted maybe they have some crazy, but not exceptional, softs or some other compelling attribute that makes the adcom go, "hey, we don't really like super (reverse) splitters, but if we find ourselves needing one, this dude/tte is our first choice. PR!"

Anyone, ever, get PR off a non-PT app? Just curious...

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 pm

sandwich wrote:
Otunga wrote:
OK. I was assuming that PR was exclusively for waitlisted PT people.



Actually, that's a good point. I'm assuming that you can't get PR unless you go PT, but I have no basis for thinking this. I'm thinking of some super splitter/reverse splitter who doesn't look good enough on paper to get PT, but then once the app is submitted maybe they have some crazy, but not exceptional, softs or some other compelling attribute that makes the adcom go, "hey, we don't really like super (reverse) splitters, but if we find ourselves needing one, this dude/tte is our first choice. PR!"

Anyone, ever, get PR off a non-PT app? Just curious...


Yes, phillywc.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby SteelPenguin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
sandwich wrote:
Otunga wrote:
OK. I was assuming that PR was exclusively for waitlisted PT people.



Actually, that's a good point. I'm assuming that you can't get PR unless you go PT, but I have no basis for thinking this. I'm thinking of some super splitter/reverse splitter who doesn't look good enough on paper to get PT, but then once the app is submitted maybe they have some crazy, but not exceptional, softs or some other compelling attribute that makes the adcom go, "hey, we don't really like super (reverse) splitters, but if we find ourselves needing one, this dude/tte is our first choice. PR!"

Anyone, ever, get PR off a non-PT app? Just curious...


Yes, phillywc.


I know a few people that have been PRed off a regular app. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason based on numbers or interest in Duke.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:43 am

Non-PT; UR at Duke after submitting ~week ago. :shock:

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 am

midwest17 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


Si - assuming you mean "priority reserve". 3.9x/168. No Why Duke but I'm considering a LOCI.


I meant priority track with a decision within 10 days.


Duke has two waitlists, it seems - a standard one, and one called "Priority Reserve." There have been plenty of people in this thread who got PR off of PT. I believe there was one near the beginning who got the standard waitlist, but I don't remember any others.


I was PT standard WL, no PR

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby jk148706 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 am

Black_Swan wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Any PT applicant that got wait listed?


I was


:shock: Jeez. Why Duke essay?


Yup. And I was not put on PR just the standard WL

californiauser
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby californiauser » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm

californiauser wrote:Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?



me me me since like 10/10 or so

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby chneyo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby MT Cicero » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm

californiauser wrote:Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?


10/7! What do I win!?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 pm

gbelle wrote:
californiauser wrote:Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?



me me me since like 10/10 or so


Since 9/24 :|

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LEPWU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Soco Law wrote:
californiauser wrote:Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?


10/7! What do I win!?


Not first place.

My 9/30/2013 complete date / file under review date officially looks like something out of the dark ages. At this point, if the status ever actually changes, I think I will still see good old 9/30.

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Postby LEPWU » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:13 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
gbelle wrote:
californiauser wrote:Anyone applied non-PT and been UR1 for more than 2 months?



me me me since like 10/10 or so


Since 9/24 :|


I think you win!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tinafeyclone and 11 guests