Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is Duke Law School your top choice?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes.
36%
No.
50%
I have no clue.
14%

Total votes: 22

hopefulapplicant2

New

Re: Duke c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 Cycle)

Post by hopefulapplicant2 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:29 am

dreamofNYC wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:Those that were waitlisted today, when did you all apply? I applied almost as late as possible and I'm wondering when I'll here back.
I applied March 13th and only heard from Duke today.
Feb 13? or did you really apply way after the regular decision deadline? If so that's discouraging since I applied in February...
it's weird b/c i never intended to apply, but rcvd a fee waver invitation from them to apply after the deadline had passed. I would not have Applied otherwise. i wouldn't be discouraged if i were u. it's a bit strange thAt they'd wave my fee only to waitlist me afterward. anyway...
Same. Wl but enrolled at a higher ranked school so not worth worrying about. But I was somewhat confused why I received both an email and a personal letter from the assistant dean requesting me to apply only to be ignored, and then waitlisted. Since it was an application fee waiver I guess it might be to get app numbers up.

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 am

I got a full ride from Brooklyn Law School, but I am considering waiting it out for one year and reapply to T14 schools. I will try to get a better LSAT score as well. What do you guys think? I am so nervous when I go on the federal loans page... I still need to cover living costs in NYC...

Serett

Post by Serett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:01 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:I got a full ride from Brooklyn Law School, but I am considering waiting it out for one year and reapply to T14 schools. I will try to get a better LSAT score as well. What do you guys think? I am so nervous when I go on the federal loans page... I still need to cover living costs in NYC...
Not sure why this is here, but I think that's absolutely the right call.

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Serett wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:I got a full ride from Brooklyn Law School, but I am considering waiting it out for one year and reapply to T14 schools. I will try to get a better LSAT score as well. What do you guys think? I am so nervous when I go on the federal loans page... I still need to cover living costs in NYC...
Not sure why this is here, but I think that's absolutely the right call.
Thanks for your response! I am on waitlist at Duke Law... thanks again. I am really stressing out going over loan repaying calculations (for approx $100K in debt post graduation) without very good job prospects from Bklyn Law. Thanks very much for your advice. I am in fog right now trying to figure out what to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”