UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:40 am

Pishee77 wrote:
kkdk wrote:
wowhio wrote:
kkdk wrote:Admitted w/ serious scholly on 12/12, went complete 11/20. Found out via e-mail because I don't have a reliable phone number. And to think, I was close to not even applying...


Did they include money about your scholarship in the email?


Yup 105k. I was pleasantly, but extremely surprised.

Stats?

pcthenls
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pcthenls » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm

UCLA why are you so mysterious and take so long to give me a decision! Anyone else complete since around 11/8?

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby theoutpostmhs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:13 pm

In via phone call with $$!!!

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby sandwich » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:16 pm

pcthenls wrote:UCLA why are you so mysterious and take so long to give me a decision! Anyone else complete since around 11/8?



Worse :cry: I've been complete since the end of October with no word yet!

Tsoju
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Tsoju » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Submitted: 11/15
Phonecall Accepted: 12/10
Early Decision.

Stats: 3.5/168
In person interview with Dean Schwartz and over the phone interview with Program Director for CRS.
3 year undergrad, strong letter of recs, personal statement, and program contribution based on undergraduate extra curriculars and research.

No word on scholarships over phone or email though. Anyone have feedback on how I can land some?
Last edited by Tsoju on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:21 pm

sandwich wrote:
pcthenls wrote:UCLA why are you so mysterious and take so long to give me a decision! Anyone else complete since around 11/8?



Worse :cry: I've been complete since the end of October with no word yet!


I've been stuck since mid November...>75th on both. :|

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby FuriousDuck » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:39 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8804
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm out-of-state, above 75th LSAT and 25<x<50 on GPA, and they got back to me within two weeks of submitting the RD application. Not really sure why it's taking so long for some of you, or why it went so quickly in my case.

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby sandwich » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Serett wrote:I'm out-of-state, above 75th LSAT and 25<x<50 on GPA, and they got back to me within two weeks of submitting the RD application. Not really sure why it's taking so long for some of you, or why it went so quickly in my case.


Well, in my case (and perhaps I should have noted this before), I am <25th GPA but >75th LSAT. UCLA has historically not been very splitter friendly, so I imagine they're likely just keeping mine around to laugh at...

Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Samsing » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Got the call today and scholly info. PM for details.

cyalie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby cyalie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 am

---
Last edited by cyalie on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

pcthenls
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pcthenls » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 am

scoobers wrote:
sandwich wrote:
pcthenls wrote:UCLA why are you so mysterious and take so long to give me a decision! Anyone else complete since around 11/8?



Worse :cry: I've been complete since the end of October with no word yet!


I've been stuck since mid November...>75th on both. :|


Wow... well at least we are in the waiting boat together. I guess we should thank UCLA for the lack of status checker. Then again, status checkers make me feel like I have some control. Just by checking every day (hour)....

Good luck guys!

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Went complete recently.

My first movement from any school in a few days, good to know that i'm not the dude from the sixth sense.

Workingtitle
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Workingtitle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:53 pm

zman wrote:
Workingtitle wrote:In!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the phone call a couple days ago, and they offered me merit aid. Here's my relevant info:

LSAT: 170
GPA: 3.90

Not a CA resident
I would say above average softs, but not anything crazy.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.


good luck at harvard with those numbers.


Is this sarcasm? For me, it was worth it to apply. I know people on here disagree, but I really do think schools, particularly the really top ones, look at more than numbers.

And besides, I got an interview, so I think it was definitely the right choice.

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NYC2012 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Workingtitle wrote:
zman wrote:
Workingtitle wrote:In!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the phone call a couple days ago, and they offered me merit aid. Here's my relevant info:

LSAT: 170
GPA: 3.90

Not a CA resident
I would say above average softs, but not anything crazy.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.


good luck at harvard with those numbers.


Is this sarcasm? For me, it was worth it to apply. I know people on here disagree, but I really do think schools, particularly the really top ones, look at more than numbers.

And besides, I got an interview, so I think it was definitely the right choice.


I think he was saying like, you're going to get into Harvard so good luck there. Hahaha. Could be wrong.

Workingtitle
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Workingtitle » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 pm

NYC2012 wrote: I think he was saying like, you're going to get into Harvard so good luck there. Hahaha. Could be wrong.


Oh ok. Haha I guess I read it as sarcasm because I think my numbers make Harvard a reach for me! And I recently applied :oops:

User avatar
A Series of BJs
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby A Series of BJs » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:23 am

mirroroferised7 wrote:I wrote a Programmatic Contribution statement about being a gay lady! :D



When you say you wrote a PC statement about being LGBT, do you mean that you rolled it into a pitch to say that you would be a prospective scholarly contributor/worker to the Williams Institute, or were you just saying that as LGBT in and of itself?

User avatar
Magical Trevor
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Magical Trevor » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:40 pm

sandwich wrote:
pcthenls wrote:UCLA why are you so mysterious and take so long to give me a decision! Anyone else complete since around 11/8?



Worse :cry: I've been complete since the end of October with no word yet!


18 September.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 am

in last week with $$$$!

submitted 12/06
complete 12/11
called on 12/16

<25th gpa, above the 75th LSAT by several points.
Really glad to join everyone here!

User avatar
A Series of BJs
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby A Series of BJs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Pneumonia wrote:in last week with $$$$!

submitted 12/06
complete 12/11
called on 12/16

<25th gpa, above the 75th LSAT by several points.
Really glad to join everyone here!



Congrats! Turning into a great cycle for you, no?

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8804
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Anyone know how UCLA informs admitted students of scholarships? They didn't mention it to me over the phone, and I don't see anything in the mailed material about it. Is it online, or would I be best to contact them?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Pneumonia wrote:in last week with $$$$!

submitted 12/06
complete 12/11
called on 12/16

<25th gpa, above the 75th LSAT by several points.
Really glad to join everyone here!


CONGRATS!!!

Image

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Serett wrote:Anyone know how UCLA informs admitted students of scholarships? They didn't mention it to me over the phone, and I don't see anything in the mailed material about it. Is it online, or would I be best to contact them?


They tell you during the acceptance phone call if you got one.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8804
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Serett » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:26 pm

NYC2012 wrote:
Serett wrote:Anyone know how UCLA informs admitted students of scholarships? They didn't mention it to me over the phone, and I don't see anything in the mailed material about it. Is it online, or would I be best to contact them?


They tell you during the acceptance phone call if you got one.


Okay, thank you! I'm going to try reaching out to them, then, as my numbers should make me competitive for at least something there, if not something pretty substantial (LSAT>75th, 25th<GPA<50th). The admissions conversation was pretty short, and I didn't actually ask about it, either. I just wanted to make sure I couldn't get the information somewhere else without pestering them first :)

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Serett wrote:
NYC2012 wrote:
Serett wrote:Anyone know how UCLA informs admitted students of scholarships? They didn't mention it to me over the phone, and I don't see anything in the mailed material about it. Is it online, or would I be best to contact them?


They tell you during the acceptance phone call if you got one.


Okay, thank you! I'm going to try reaching out to them, then, as my numbers should make me competitive for at least something there, if not something pretty substantial (LSAT>75th, 25th<GPA<50th). The admissions conversation was pretty short, and I didn't actually ask about it, either. I just wanted to make sure I couldn't get the information somewhere else without pestering them first :)


I'm in the same boat! My numbers aren't amazing but even a little bit would help :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”