UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
logicspeaks

Bronze

Re: UCLA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Post by logicspeaks » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:55 pm

MikeJD wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:Annnd waitlisted. Interviewed 10 days ago and I thought it went well. They asked about other offers and had to compete with $40k a year at USC and a full ride at Texas, so I hope it was just because they didn't want to match those offers, but who knows. I'm very disappointed though.
So in another words they are likely to admit those off the waitlist that plan to attend at sticker.
That seems likely.

Chinese_Mafia

New

Post by Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:55 pm

MikeJD wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:Annnd waitlisted. Interviewed 10 days ago and I thought it went well. They asked about other offers and had to compete with $40k a year at USC and a full ride at Texas, so I hope it was just because they didn't want to match those offers, but who knows. I'm very disappointed though.
So in another words they are likely to admit those off the waitlist that plan to attend at sticker.
yikes.

Chinese_Mafia

New

Post by Chinese_Mafia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Chinese_Mafia wrote:
MikeJD wrote:
yikes.
email just came in as expected, ding.

Hrun

New

Post by Hrun » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:11 pm

fallingwater wrote:Wait listed today via email. Does anyone know if improving on the June LSAT will help get me off? I called USC and they said they wouldn't consider it. Hoping UCLA is different.
USC told me the same thing. However, I had a meeting with the UCLA admissions director after my tour and she told me that they would consider a June LSAT for those on the waitlist.

izzlelay

New

Post by izzlelay » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Hrun wrote:
fallingwater wrote:Wait listed today via email. Does anyone know if improving on the June LSAT will help get me off? I called USC and they said they wouldn't consider it. Hoping UCLA is different.
USC told me the same thing. However, I had a meeting with the UCLA admissions director after my tour and she told me that they would consider a June LSAT for those on the waitlist.

That's odd because schools can report the June LSAT as a student's highest score if they do better. Did USC say why they wouldn't take it into consideration?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hrun

New

Post by Hrun » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:25 pm

izzlelay wrote:
Hrun wrote:

That's odd because schools can report the June LSAT as a student's highest score if they do better. Did USC say why they wouldn't take it into consideration?
I talked to Ms. Morton, the extremely kind and charming lady at the front desk. She didn't explain why, but she also said they don't really look at additional letters of recommendation or anything else besides a loci and the waitlist video they invite you to submit. USC does seem to run a strange ship for a school outside the T14. Their first deposit deadline isn't until May 1st (Texas, UCLA and everyone else ranked below them have earlier first deposit deadlines) and their second deposit deadline isn't due until July 1st. That said, after their LSAT median fell last year and their poorer employment showing this year, I'm sure they'll consider a June LSAT score that helps them keep their medians.

fallingwater

New

Post by fallingwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Hrun wrote:
izzlelay wrote:
Hrun wrote:

I talked to Ms. Morton, the extremely kind and charming lady at the front desk. She didn't explain why, but she also said they don't really look at additional letters of recommendation or anything else besides a loci and the waitlist video they invite you to submit. USC does seem to run a strange ship for a school outside the T14. Their first deposit deadline isn't until May 1st (Texas, UCLA and everyone else ranked below them have earlier first deposit deadlines) and their second deposit deadline isn't due until July 1st. That said, after their LSAT median fell last year and their poorer employment showing this year, I'm sure they'll consider a June LSAT score that helps them keep their medians.

Yes, I can now confirm that UCLA will consider the June LSAT if you remain on the WL. The problem, obviously, is the lack of scholarship money by the end of the cycle. I can also reconfirm that USC will not consider a June score. However, I have trouble imagining that they won't make an exception if you score extremely high, but then again that might make your situation different altogether.

MikeJD

Bronze

Post by MikeJD » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 pm

IF you score really high, you should sit out and apply to higher ranked schools for 2015.

fallingwater

New

Post by fallingwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 pm

MikeJD wrote:IF you score really high, you should sit out and apply to higher ranked schools for 2015.
Exactly, or for $ if you wanna stay in SoCal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dobie1

New

Post by dobie1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm

I have 16,000/year... Just trying to see what other people ITT would say is the number they would have to see to consider UCLA. Deposit for me is due today.

logicspeaks

Bronze

Post by logicspeaks » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:28 pm

dobie1 wrote:I have 16,000/year... Just trying to see what other people ITT would say is the number they would have to see to consider UCLA. Deposit for me is due today.
Depends on your goals. It's probably not worth it, but make a thread in the Choosing A Law School forum to get replies from very knowledgable people.

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Fri May 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Fellow waitlisters, any movement or word?

churrochi

New

Post by churrochi » Fri May 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:Fellow waitlisters, any movement or word?
Nothing personally, though someone in the UCLA Waitlist thread got an offer.

I'm personally still wondering if there's any correlation between getting invited for an interview and getting accepted off the waitlist, though...If so, things aren't looking as bright as they could be for me. :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

churrochi wrote:

I'm personally still wondering if there's any correlation between getting invited for an interview and getting accepted off the waitlist, though...If so, things aren't looking as bright as they could be for me. :?
Sorry for the dumb question, but can you link me to the waitlist thread?

scaggiedem

New

Post by scaggiedem » Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
churrochi wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question, but can you link me to the waitlist thread?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=222570

MikeJD

Bronze

Post by MikeJD » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Is UCLA trying to raise their median back to 168?? Not generous to 167s unless they have really really high GPAs.

sammykay100

New

Post by sammykay100 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Wait-listed a few months ago. Invited via email to do an interview. Interview is tomorrow morning.

Can anyone who has already been interviewed provide some insight on the experience?
Who interviewed you?
How long was the interview?
What kinds of questions asked?
And if they have contacted you with a decision yet post interview?

Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”