UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 am

A Series of BJs wrote:Haven't submitted app yet, but I was told my "Low LSAT Explanation" essay would not be appreciated by any adcomm except possibly the Berkeley adcomm, and I wanted to see what you guys thought. Here is my essay:


If, at a perfectly round table, with eight seats evenly spaced around the table and eight specified persons to be seated at each of the seats, one of those persons – say, John – refuses to sit next to Henrietta, Ian, Kit or Lucy, except on alternate Tuesdays and only if Lucy wears gloves, perhaps, instead of indulging John by trying to figure out every possible permutation by which his seating preferences can be satisfied, our time could be better spent trying to help John address his intimacy and communication issues and possible OCD.

I mean, we are forced to play "games" based on John's laundry list of requirements, when this man is clearly crying out for help!

I could not be a party to these games and so respectfully refused to answer.

Humbly submitted,
I remain,
Yours truly,
A Series of BJs


um....I don't know if you are joking or not but....don't submit that.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby drawstring » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:57 am

I love it :lol:

but seriously, don't submit it

User avatar
A Series of BJs
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby A Series of BJs » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:14 am

scoobers wrote:
A Series of BJs wrote:Haven't submitted app yet, but I was told my "Low LSAT Explanation" essay would not be appreciated by any adcomm except possibly the Berkeley adcomm, and I wanted to see what you guys thought. Here is my essay:


If, at a perfectly round table, with eight seats evenly spaced around the table and eight specified persons to be seated at each of the seats, one of those persons – say, John – refuses to sit next to Henrietta, Ian, Kit or Lucy, except on alternate Tuesdays and only if Lucy wears gloves, perhaps, instead of indulging John by trying to figure out every possible permutation by which his seating preferences can be satisfied, our time could be better spent trying to help John address his intimacy and communication issues and possible OCD.

I mean, we are forced to play "games" based on John's laundry list of requirements, when this man is clearly crying out for help!

I could not be a party to these games and so respectfully refused to answer.

Humbly submitted,
I remain,
Yours truly,
A Series of BJs


um....I don't know if you are joking or not but....don't submit that.


When I first wrote it I fully intended to submit it (to another school), until I was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be submitting such a thing under any circumstances and what was I thinking and please stop smoking drugs. Then someone told me there might be one adcomm in the country - Berkeley - that might appreciate it. But no I still won't submit it. Especially now that I've posted it on TLS. Just for everyone to enjoy now.

User avatar
logical seasoning
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby logical seasoning » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:41 pm

A Series of BJs wrote:
scoobers wrote:
A Series of BJs wrote:Haven't submitted app yet, but I was told my "Low LSAT Explanation" essay would not be appreciated by any adcomm except possibly the Berkeley adcomm, and I wanted to see what you guys thought. Here is my essay:


If, at a perfectly round table, with eight seats evenly spaced around the table and eight specified persons to be seated at each of the seats, one of those persons – say, John – refuses to sit next to Henrietta, Ian, Kit or Lucy, except on alternate Tuesdays and only if Lucy wears gloves, perhaps, instead of indulging John by trying to figure out every possible permutation by which his seating preferences can be satisfied, our time could be better spent trying to help John address his intimacy and communication issues and possible OCD.

I mean, we are forced to play "games" based on John's laundry list of requirements, when this man is clearly crying out for help!

I could not be a party to these games and so respectfully refused to answer.

Humbly submitted,
I remain,
Yours truly,
A Series of BJs


um....I don't know if you are joking or not but....don't submit that.


When I first wrote it I fully intended to submit it (to another school), until I was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be submitting such a thing under any circumstances and what was I thinking and please stop smoking drugs. Then someone told me there might be one adcomm in the country - Berkeley - that might appreciate it. But no I still won't submit it. Especially now that I've posted it on TLS. Just for everyone to enjoy now.


Allllllllllllllrighty then

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 am

Happy holidays, TLSers. Until January 6th. :)

User avatar
canon
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby canon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:42 am

I don't come here often at all but just wanted to put it out there that the 3L class already has at least 40 people clerking next year at various courts including several 9th Circuit positions. #beastmode

A good number of these people have average/above average grades, too, not just HH mania.

GO TO BOALT!

User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby furrrman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 am

canon wrote:I don't come here often at all but just wanted to put it out there that the 3L class already has at least 40 people clerking next year at various courts including several 9th Circuit positions. #beastmode

A good number of these people have average/above average grades, too, not just HH mania.

GO TO BOALT!


This is actually great to know (if I end up getting accepted, that is). I was a little worried to see Boalt's clerkship numbers drop pretty significantly for 2012.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:34 am

Content Deleted
Last edited by Moonlight on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 am

canon wrote:I don't come here often at all but just wanted to put it out there that the 3L class already has at least 40 people clerking next year at various courts including several 9th Circuit positions. #beastmode

A good number of these people have average/above average grades, too, not just HH mania.

GO TO BOALT!


Article 3 clerkships only or are you including state as well? Also, I'm pumped to be down visiting y'all in April.

desichhori
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby desichhori » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Checking in! Submitted 12/26

2014entering2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014entering2014 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:04 pm

has Boalt sent anyone a full acceptance packet yet? so far I just have an email.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:55 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:has Boalt sent anyone a full acceptance packet yet? so far I just have an email.

Worrying about all your schools, huh? Boalt sent my package approx. 3 weeks after my acceptance email.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Typhoon24 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:14 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:has Boalt sent anyone a full acceptance packet yet? so far I just have an email.


Yup, got it 8 days after the acceptance email.

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
2014entering2014 wrote:has Boalt sent anyone a full acceptance packet yet? so far I just have an email.


Yup, got it 8 days after the acceptance email.


Ditto

2014entering2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 2014entering2014 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:53 am

kershka wrote:
2014entering2014 wrote:has Boalt sent anyone a full acceptance packet yet? so far I just have an email.

Worrying about all your schools, huh? Boalt sent my package approx. 3 weeks after my acceptance email.


hehe. I like to have all of my info in one pile of folders. I blame my over-organized tendencies..

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby coolbean2013 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Checking in!!

User avatar
Percival Jenkins
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Percival Jenkins » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:06 pm

nick1 wrote:The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!


oh wow. even within the four seconds after i read your post, i still had a mild heart attack when i saw the e-mail.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gbelle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
nick1 wrote:The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!


oh wow. even within the four seconds after i read your post, i still had a mild heart attack when i saw the e-mail.


Massive heart attack over here.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Berkeley Financial Aid people really know how to kick off a workweek.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:10 pm

gbelle wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
nick1 wrote:The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!


oh wow. even within the four seconds after i read your post, i still had a mild heart attack when i saw the e-mail.


Massive heart attack over here.



+1

californiauser
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Berkeley Financial Aid people really know how to kick off a workweek.


looooooooooool seriously

Steveloblaw
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Steveloblaw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Way to play with my heart Berk.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:23 pm

gbelle wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
nick1 wrote:The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!


oh wow. even within the four seconds after i read your post, i still had a mild heart attack when i saw the e-mail.


Massive heart attack over here.

Seriously.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 pm

koalacity wrote:
gbelle wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
nick1 wrote:The Financial Aid Office is trolling hard this morning!!


oh wow. even within the four seconds after i read your post, i still had a mild heart attack when i saw the e-mail.


Massive heart attack over here.

Seriously.


They have such a sense of humor. I have to admit, after the heart attack, I laughed a little bit.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”