UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

ZZzzZZ

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:29 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
Vincent wrote:DR. DRE made this? This is the same Dr. Dre that thinks that UCI is the only California school worth going to, right?


My goal is to make pages for every California law school


Still missing USC. And I guess Hastings and Davis.


Just USC.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=214049

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=214048


There are many law schools in California, I'm sure he is missing others.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:08 pm

xJD2017x wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:My goal is to make pages for every California law school


Still missing USC. And I guess Hastings and Davis.


Just USC.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=214049

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=214048


There are many law schools in California, I'm sure he is missing others.


Lol, you must be new here

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Checking in

thestatusguo
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thestatusguo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Checking in!

californiauser
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Question for people from non-lower socioeconomic households: are you filling out the section of the application that asks for details on your high school years?

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Is anyone else going to submit a 2 page personal statement to Berkeley/do they auto reject people who don't write a long enough statement? I know they allow 4 pages, but I feel like my essay is perfect at this length and adding anything else would just be rambling. What do you guys think?

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby NYC2012 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 pm

californiauser wrote:Question for people from non-lower socioeconomic households: are you filling out the section of the application that asks for details on your high school years?


I'm not going to fill that part out.

californiauser
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 am

NYC2012 wrote:Is anyone else going to submit a 2 page personal statement to Berkeley/do they auto reject people who don't write a long enough statement? I know they allow 4 pages, but I feel like my essay is perfect at this length and adding anything else would just be rambling. What do you guys think?



I'm using the same one I'm submitting for other schools -- 2 pages.

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby cotiger » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 pm

californiauser wrote:Question for people from non-lower socioeconomic households: are you filling out the section of the application that asks for details on your high school years?


Wasn't planning on it.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Has anyone who has submitted received a status checker yet?

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby zen » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:24 am

ohpobrecito wrote:Has anyone who has submitted received a status checker yet?

When I emailed them, they told me that they weren't downloading the apps from LSAC till mid-October.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am

Received my status checker yesterday via email. Par-ty.

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MT Cicero » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:26 am

Checking in.

Mr.PotatoHead
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Mr.PotatoHead » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Checking in!

nigerian22
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby nigerian22 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:01 am

warandpeace wrote:no idea about lsat yet, taking in oct, and gpa is a huge reach but trying anyways. wooh for hope


Guys, both my friend and I got in with high 3.4x GPA's and not spectacular LSAT scores. Believe me when I say that Berkeley does actually read the essays. In fact, it's the first thing they read. If your GPA was low because of engineering/math/science bkground or for whatever family/socioeconomic reason, they are actually quite receptive to such grounds -- and these reasons might be deemed in your FAVOR. Make sure your rec writers mention these things. And also do consider filling out the socioeconomic questionnaire if it will benefit you. It set both of us apart EVEN THOUGH we weren't even Californians.

Good luck! She's now at Boalt and I chose to attend elsewhere.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am

nigerian22 wrote:
warandpeace wrote:no idea about lsat yet, taking in oct, and gpa is a huge reach but trying anyways. wooh for hope


Guys, both my friend and I got in with high 3.4x GPA's and not spectacular LSAT scores. Believe me when I say that Berkeley does actually read the essays. In fact, it's the first thing they read. If your GPA was low because of engineering/math/science bkground or for whatever family/socioeconomic reason, they are actually quite receptive to such grounds -- and these reasons might be deemed in your FAVOR. Make sure your rec writers mention these things. And also do consider filling out the socioeconomic questionnaire if it will benefit you. It set both of us apart EVEN THOUGH we weren't even Californians.

Good luck! She's now at Boalt and I chose to attend elsewhere.



are you URM?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:59 am

Really hoping that Boalt is more evaluative of the person not the numbers, as has been said, because depending on how the LSAT goes on Saturday this may be my best shot at the T14.

User avatar
BruinRegents
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BruinRegents » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:17 am

scotth724 wrote:Really hoping that Boalt is more evaluative of the person not the numbers, as has been said, because depending on how the LSAT goes on Saturday this may be my best shot at the T14.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that they are. A friend of mine is there now. He had a stellar GPA but an LSAT that other T-14s wouldn't sniff. But he had an incredible personal statement. One that could probably be optioned to Lifetime.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Submitted!

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby twenty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:17 am

Submitted. :)

User avatar
Frozinite
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Frozinite » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 am

BruinRegents wrote:
scotth724 wrote:Really hoping that Boalt is more evaluative of the person not the numbers, as has been said, because depending on how the LSAT goes on Saturday this may be my best shot at the T14.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that they are. A friend of mine is there now. He had a stellar GPA but an LSAT that other T-14s wouldn't sniff. But he had an incredible personal statement. One that could probably be optioned to Lifetime.


I hope so too! uGPA not great, grad GPA good. LSAT? we'll see in a couple weeks =P. Boalt is kind of a reacher for me though.

User avatar
BruinRegents
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BruinRegents » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Frozinite wrote:I hope so too! uGPA not great, grad GPA good. LSAT? we'll see in a couple weeks =P. Boalt is kind of a reacher for me though.

Assuming you don't have a stellar LSAT, the bolded may unfortunately be your undoing even with an exceptional personal statement.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 pm

BruinRegents wrote:
scotth724 wrote:Really hoping that Boalt is more evaluative of the person not the numbers, as has been said, because depending on how the LSAT goes on Saturday this may be my best shot at the T14.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that they are. A friend of mine is there now. He had a stellar GPA but an LSAT that other T-14s wouldn't sniff. But he had an incredible personal statement. One that could probably be optioned to Lifetime.

My GPA isn't stellar (.01 above median), but I should have an extremely strong/unique personal statement, so I'm hoping this will help.

User avatar
BruinRegents
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BruinRegents » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 pm

scotth724 wrote:
BruinRegents wrote:
scotth724 wrote:Really hoping that Boalt is more evaluative of the person not the numbers, as has been said, because depending on how the LSAT goes on Saturday this may be my best shot at the T14.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that they are. A friend of mine is there now. He had a stellar GPA but an LSAT that other T-14s wouldn't sniff. But he had an incredible personal statement. One that could probably be optioned to Lifetime.

My GPA isn't stellar (.01 above median), but I should have an extremely strong/unique personal statement, so I'm hoping this will help.



It can't hurt.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”