UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dazedandconfused13
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dazedandconfused13 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Guys, I got the FR email too, final decision to be expected circa 3/14. What is FR2, as opposed to FR1, though? You guys seem to use this acronym a lot. Thanks.

dazedandconfused13
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dazedandconfused13 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

dazedandconfused13 wrote:Guys, I got the FR email too, final decision to be expected circa 3/14. What is FR2, as opposed to FR1, though? You guys seem to use this acronym a lot. Thanks.


I went from UR to FR.

IvoryTie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby IvoryTie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Ok, just going through this thread it looks like this is a complete history of notifications that went out:

1/22 - Admits from UR
1/23 - FR1 from UR
1/24 - Dings from UR
2/14 - Admits from FR1
2/18 - WL or Dings from FR1
2/19 - Dings from UR
2/21 - FR2 from UR

There haven't been admits straight from UR in almost a month. Either that means that they're done admitting from UR or there will be another round of admits straight from UR soon. Either way it might happen Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure what the point would be of keeping us all who are still UR in that status any longer.

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

dazedandconfused13 wrote:Guys, I got the FR email too, final decision to be expected circa 3/14. What is FR2, as opposed to FR1, though? You guys seem to use this acronym a lot. Thanks.


It just refers to the different waves of FR. Just helps us distinguish, doesn't mean much really.

fatheranderson15
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fatheranderson15 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 pm

China Spy wrote:
fatheranderson15 wrote:So FR is small amount of admits and the rest waitlist, or can you still get a straight ding?

You can get Admit, Ding, or WL once you are in FR.


Gotcha, thanks. Well, time to go look at all the FR1 posts...

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby groovy20 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:45 pm

IvoryTie wrote:Ok, just going through this thread it looks like this is a complete history of notifications that went out:

1/22 - Admits from UR
1/23 - FR1 from UR
1/24 - Dings from UR
2/14 - Admits from FR1
2/18 - WL or Dings from FR1
2/19 - Dings from UR
2/21 - FR2 from UR

There haven't been admits straight from UR in almost a month. Either that means that they're done admitting from UR or there will be another round of admits straight from UR soon. Either way it might happen Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure what the point would be of keeping us all who are still UR in that status any longer.


(Sorry for the repeat because my thread was the last post on the previous page) Maybe those of us UR were competing against the recent group of individuals who just went to FR2. Therefore, we will be notify some time next week because we were not being considered with the dings from this week? Discouraging thought I know, but I am not sure what else to think!

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ohhdear » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

FR2 as well. I'm just happy to still be in the game!

bonerland
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bonerland » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
China Spy wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
bonerland wrote:No one goes to WL straight from UR.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but anyone UR at this point is probably getting dinged.


Why do you say this?


There hasn't been a recorded post of someone getting WL off of UR. At least that's what I think the poster is referring to as evidence.


Oh, I wanted to know why that poster thinks that "anyone UR at this point is probably getting dinged".


A couple of reasons.

i) Berkeley has shown a predicable pattern of "good news first, bad news later". FR2 is good news
ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).
iii) There seems to be a number of people still UR (maybe they received the FR2 notification later). I don't think there are enough admission offers left for these people and the pool of applicants that will make it through FR2.

winterorange
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby winterorange » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Well. This Pi Day will be a day to remember. Or a day to copiously drink in an attempt to forget.

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Sakari wrote:Well. This Pi Day will be a day to remember. Or a day to copiously drink in an attempt to forget.


LOL the silver lining in all of this. Good catch!

kartelite
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kartelite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Got FR email as well, not sure what to make of it :?

winterorange
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby winterorange » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:50 pm

China Spy wrote:
Sakari wrote:Well. This Pi Day will be a day to remember. Or a day to copiously drink in an attempt to forget.


LOL the silver lining in all of this. Good catch!

Pi will always be there for us. You could almost say...it's a constant.

IvoryTie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby IvoryTie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:50 pm

groovy20 wrote:
IvoryTie wrote:Ok, just going through this thread it looks like this is a complete history of notifications that went out:

1/22 - Admits from UR
1/23 - FR1 from UR
1/24 - Dings from UR
2/14 - Admits from FR1
2/18 - WL or Dings from FR1
2/19 - Dings from UR
2/21 - FR2 from UR

There haven't been admits straight from UR in almost a month. Either that means that they're done admitting from UR or there will be another round of admits straight from UR soon. Either way it might happen Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure what the point would be of keeping us all who are still UR in that status any longer.


(Sorry for the repeat because my thread was the last post on the previous page) Maybe those of us UR were competing against the recent group of individuals who just went to FR2. Therefore, we will be notify some time next week because we were not being considered with the dings from this week? Discouraging thought I know, but I am not sure what else to think!


Yeah, well we all know we're either straight in or out. I'm leaning towards "in" (this may just be overoptimistic thinking :lol: ) for a few reasons.

They just sent out dings straight from UR on Wednesday. So if we're all auto-dings, then within the two days they had sent out those notifications, they had compared *every single UR application left* to determine who goes into FR2. This seems unlikely.

Whats more likely to me is that, before Wednesday, they had reviewed all of the UR applications and sorted into three piles: Dings, FR2, and admits. Dings went out Wednesday. FR2 went out today. And only people left are admits. There hasn't been a round of admits straight from UR in almost a month. They're due...

User avatar
gma221
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gma221 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

bonerland wrote:A couple of reasons.

i) Berkeley has shown a predicable pattern of "good news first, bad news later". FR2 is good news
ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).
iii) There seems to be a number of people still UR (maybe they received the FR2 notification later). I don't think there are enough admission offers left for these people and the pool of applicants that will make it through FR2.


Seems weird though that they would do two waves of dings, one immediately before FR2 and one immediately after. Of course we're all just speculating, but I think there's reason to be optimistic if you missed the FR2 boat today and are still UR.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

IvoryTie wrote:
groovy20 wrote:
IvoryTie wrote:Ok, just going through this thread it looks like this is a complete history of notifications that went out:

1/22 - Admits from UR
1/23 - FR1 from UR
1/24 - Dings from UR
2/14 - Admits from FR1
2/18 - WL or Dings from FR1
2/19 - Dings from UR
2/21 - FR2 from UR

There haven't been admits straight from UR in almost a month. Either that means that they're done admitting from UR or there will be another round of admits straight from UR soon. Either way it might happen Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure what the point would be of keeping us all who are still UR in that status any longer.


(Sorry for the repeat because my thread was the last post on the previous page) Maybe those of us UR were competing against the recent group of individuals who just went to FR2. Therefore, we will be notify some time next week because we were not being considered with the dings from this week? Discouraging thought I know, but I am not sure what else to think!


Yeah, well we all know we're either straight in or out. I'm leaning towards "in" (this may just be overoptimistic thinking :lol: ) for a few reasons.

They just sent out dings straight from UR on Wednesday. So if we're all auto-dings, then within the two days they had sent out those notifications, they had compared *every single UR application left* to determine who goes into FR2. This seems unlikely.

Whats more likely to me is that, before Wednesday, they had reviewed all of the UR applications and sorted into three piles: Dings, FR2, and admits. Dings went out Wednesday. FR2 went out today. And only people left are admits. There hasn't been a round of admits straight from UR in almost a month. They're due...


+1000 just because I'm UR still

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby teampeeta » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 pm

gma221 wrote:
bonerland wrote:A couple of reasons.

i) Berkeley has shown a predicable pattern of "good news first, bad news later". FR2 is good news
ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).
iii) There seems to be a number of people still UR (maybe they received the FR2 notification later). I don't think there are enough admission offers left for these people and the pool of applicants that will make it through FR2.


Seems weird though that they would do two waves of dings, one immediately before FR2 and one immediately after. Of course we're all just speculating, but I think there's reason to be optimistic if you missed the FR2 boat today and are still UR.


I'd like to believe you, but there are people who got into HYS who got FR'd in the first or second round. I don't know that it's the best sign for those of us who still haven't heard anything.

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I gotta say, I do love all this speculating.

User avatar
gma221
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gma221 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm

teampeeta wrote:
gma221 wrote:Seems weird though that they would do two waves of dings, one immediately before FR2 and one immediately after. Of course we're all just speculating, but I think there's reason to be optimistic if you missed the FR2 boat today and are still UR.


I'd like to believe you, but there are people who got into HYS who got FR'd in the first or second round. I don't know that it's the best sign for those of us who still haven't heard anything.


I'm actually one of those people. In at S last week, FR2 today. I wouldn't read too much into that, though. I think Berkeley's just a little weird. :)

fatheranderson15
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fatheranderson15 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:59 pm

gma221 wrote:
teampeeta wrote:
gma221 wrote:Seems weird though that they would do two waves of dings, one immediately before FR2 and one immediately after. Of course we're all just speculating, but I think there's reason to be optimistic if you missed the FR2 boat today and are still UR.


I'd like to believe you, but there are people who got into HYS who got FR'd in the first or second round. I don't know that it's the best sign for those of us who still haven't heard anything.


I'm actually one of those people. In at S last week, FR2 today. I wouldn't read too much into that, though. I think Berkeley's just a little weird. :)


Well crap, I'm definitely not surviving this FR2 then.

bonerland
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bonerland » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:59 pm

gma221 wrote:
bonerland wrote:A couple of reasons.

i) Berkeley has shown a predicable pattern of "good news first, bad news later". FR2 is good news
ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).
iii) There seems to be a number of people still UR (maybe they received the FR2 notification later). I don't think there are enough admission offers left for these people and the pool of applicants that will make it through FR2.


Seems weird though that they would do two waves of dings, one immediately before FR2 and one immediately after. Of course we're all just speculating, but I think there's reason to be optimistic if you missed the FR2 boat today and are still UR.


It is strange, I agree. But given the data, I think that is most likely the case.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm

China Spy wrote:I gotta say, I do love all this speculating.


nothing beats working ourselves into an anxious tizzy

fatheranderson15
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fatheranderson15 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

wealtheow wrote:
China Spy wrote:I gotta say, I do love all this speculating.


nothing beats working ourselves into an anxious tizzy


We have nothing better to do!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

bonerland wrote:ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).


just curious, why do you think the bolded?

paoligepaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby paoligepaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Just got in FR2. Does anyone know how the answer to the question "Do you grant permission to have your file reviewed by student members of the Admissions Committee?" in the application will affect the review? Can the answer be changed now? Nervous... :roll:

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm

wealtheow wrote:
bonerland wrote:ii) In last year's thread, only one person reported being admitted straight from UR after FR1 decisions were released. (They were probably a troll).


just curious, why do you think the bolded?


Remember when the poster Angel got a call from FR and then no one else did for like 2 days and everyone was starting to believe he was trolling the thread? Imagine if that admit wave had never arrived. Would you then not believe the poster was a troll?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests