UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2353
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 pm

bonerland wrote:
mac35352 wrote:I'm UR 1/21. Applied mid January. I was rejected straight from UR last year. For those asking about UR auto admits: my understanding from reading the crap out of threads here in TLS is that if you applied late in the cycle and are UR right now you can expect acceptance, rejection or FR2. No waitlists without being FR first.
From what I remember, admits and dings for those in UR came very soon after the rejections and waitlists from FR1...so anytime.
Nothing much changed in my app since last year except for 5 months of campaign work. I did move to NorCal and worked for an environmentalist group so maybe they'll think I'm liberal enough now. Haha!


Valuable info. Thanks for sharing.

+1

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:55 pm

mac35352 wrote:I'm UR 1/21. Applied mid January. I was rejected straight from UR last year. For those asking about UR auto admits: my understanding from reading the crap out of threads here in TLS is that if you applied late in the cycle and are UR right now you can expect acceptance, rejection or FR2. No waitlists without being FR first.
From what I remember, admits and dings for those in UR came very soon after the rejections and waitlists from FR1...so anytime.
Nothing much changed in my app since last year except for 5 months of campaign work. I did move to NorCal and worked for an environmentalist group so maybe they'll think I'm liberal enough now. Haha!


Thanks for this. Good luck!

User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby furrrman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Dinged after FR. Wanted you so bad Berk. Blah...

User avatar
metroidbum
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby metroidbum » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:21 pm

.
Last edited by metroidbum on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Waitlisted! I'm okay with it. It was a reach. I'm going to ride it out.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
Ally Mcbeal wrote:I'm surprised I even got WL with my numbers. So looks like I'm in for the long run lol


lol what are your numbers?


158 3.6


URM?

ETA:
Nvm.

Ally Mcbeal wrote:URM 158 3.63. Interested in Public Interest. Made it to FR. What are the odds I survive it?

User avatar
Cocoblues
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Cocoblues » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:02 pm

fkt18 wrote:My condolences for all of the dings and WLs. <3



+1 :(

pdxdmouth2013
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pdxdmouth2013 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm

does anybody know what it means if your file has been under review since november? I assume I'm not getting in but I can't think of why they wouldn't have told me already?

bonerland
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bonerland » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 pm

pdxdmouth2013 wrote:does anybody know what it means if your file has been under review since november? I assume I'm not getting in but I can't think of why they wouldn't have told me already?


Did you have two letters of recommendation in when you submitted?

pdxdmouth2013
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pdxdmouth2013 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:36 pm

yep letters of rec and everything all complete. just wondering what it means to hear nothing, it seems like decisions are coming out (pretty much expecting a rejection) and wondering if there is any insight as to why its been quiet?

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Synch » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Waitlisted. Surprised actually - I expected the ding. GPA below 25th, LSAT above 75th

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm

UC Berkeley states in the waitlist email to NOT SEND A LOCI. So... has anyone ever heard of any ways to convince UC Berkeley of your commitment to them?

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby californiauser » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:14 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:UC Berkeley states in the waitlist email to NOT SEND A LOCI. So... has anyone ever heard of any ways to convince UC Berkeley of your commitment to them?


yep, retake the LSAT and score higher :lol:

User avatar
Dingo Starr
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Dingo Starr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Sent my LOCI in my original application.

winterorange
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby winterorange » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

Thought I'd check in. Applied Feb. 2nd, app completed Feb. 3rd, and UR Feb. 10th. I've been Googling furiously, but haven't quite found the answer: what's the average wait time between UR and FR/committee?

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2353
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:40 am

Sakari wrote:Thought I'd check in. Applied Feb. 2nd, app completed Feb. 3rd, and UR Feb. 10th. I've been Googling furiously, but haven't quite found the answer: what's the average wait time between UR and FR/committee?

Faculty Review is done in two waves and they just finished up the first one. The notifications for FR2 will be coming out within the next week, I believe!

If you don't get FR2, it means you're an auto-admit or auto-ding... I'm personally hoping for a big UR admit wave tomorrow. :)

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:41 am

fkt18 wrote:
Sakari wrote:Thought I'd check in. Applied Feb. 2nd, app completed Feb. 3rd, and UR Feb. 10th. I've been Googling furiously, but haven't quite found the answer: what's the average wait time between UR and FR/committee?

Faculty Review is done in two waves and they just finished up the first one. The notifications for FR2 will be coming out within the next week, I believe!

If you don't get FR2, it means you're an auto-admit or auto-ding... I'm personally hoping for a big UR admit wave tomorrow. :)


+10000000000000000000000000000000 (for the auto-admit hope)

winterorange
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby winterorange » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:42 am

fkt18 wrote:Faculty Review is done in two waves and they just finished up the first one. The notifications for FR2 will be coming out within the next week, I believe!

If you don't get FR2, it means you're an auto-admit or auto-ding... I'm personally hoping for a big UR admit wave tomorrow. :)

Wahaha. Fingers crossed! I'm reading through this entire thread and I can actually feel my skin breaking out. @_@

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kobe1020 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:08 am

shit i don't even have a FR yet...so that's also an auto ding...?

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby capt_slow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

kobe1020 wrote:shit i don't even have a FR yet...so that's also an auto ding...?


Not yet, there is still FR2 coming down the pipe.

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby jdc_in_dc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am

For those of you wait listed, I had two friends wait listed at Berkeley last year with strong numbers. They ended up getting in, and with pretty strong scholarships too. I think a lot of it is as was said earlier, they are holding off to try and avoid giving admits to people who will go somewhere else anyways.

User avatar
ZGr88n
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby ZGr88n » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 am

Today is the day!

User avatar
lejabberwocky
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lejabberwocky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:12 am

ZGr88n wrote:Today is the day!


If today is the day... when should we expect to start hearing info, regardless of FR or UR status?

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 am

ZGr88n wrote:Today is the day!


I certainly hope so. I've become disillusioned with Wednesdays after three duds in a row :roll:

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 am

lejabberwocky wrote:
ZGr88n wrote:Today is the day!


If today is the day... when should we expect to start hearing info, regardless of FR or UR status?


it used to be noonish, but good news came to those on FR pretty "late" in the day (6/7pm eastern time)... so i dunno. the sooner the better i think :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, cocozhang9950, finaciardi, rikkebukh, smashbash and 7 guests