UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hausmaus
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby hausmaus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 pm

waitlisted after FR1. 170/3.8

gimmedanger
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gimmedanger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:03 pm

first ding of the cycle, just now off FR :(

tigress12
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby tigress12 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Rejected... Pretty shocked, expected to at least be waitlisted since I feel like my softs are the best part of my app and I was in FR.

3.65/168 Ivy

:(

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby rigoding » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:04 pm

DINGED. 173/3.5

dlrbfl
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby dlrbfl » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:05 pm

dinged. 171/superior

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby omzster67 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 pm

FR1 waitlist. 166/3.97. Very bummed.

User avatar
bloomingtea
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby bloomingtea » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 pm

.
Last edited by bloomingtea on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby scoobysnax » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Dinged. Not how I wanted to use my 100 post but... at least I'm now eligible to participate in the USNWR rankings contest!

User avatar
WhipIt
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby WhipIt » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear about the bloodbath going on!

Does Berkeley send out wait list/ding decisions before, at the time of, or after updating status checkers? Are admission decisions sent in simultaneous waves or sporadically throughout such days? Tyia

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Dinged. FR.

pcthenls
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pcthenls » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:12 pm

waitlisted too. first choice and I have to keep waiting.... slow death is so much worse.

3iggam
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby 3iggam » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Dinged - FR

Guess it's just Stanford's rejection letter left and I'll be off to cry in my corner.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:15 pm

I heard they rank their WL. Sorry to hear so many people are getting their days ruined.. :(

Is everyone who is being dinged or WL from FR?

For those of us not on FR, and UR does that mean we're still being evaluated?

Pau.C.
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Pau.C. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 pm

.
Last edited by Pau.C. on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Catherinelo365
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Catherinelo365 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Rejected.
172+ 3.85

Just like Michigan, didn't even get waiting listed. Begin to worry something maybe horrible wrong with my app.

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby vuthy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Catherinelo365 wrote:Rejected.
172+ 3.85

Just like Michigan, didn't even get waiting listed. Begin to worry something maybe horrible wrong with my app.


I truly think that mid-T14 schools know how thin the applicant pool is going to be this cycle, and they are aggressively yield protecting so that they don't get caught with a bunch of 170-2 admits that bail on them for the T6.

lakers180
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lakers180 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 pm

whoa looks like today's a bad day

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby zen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Rejected off of FR. 178/3.5ish. Pretty bummed since Berkeley was one of my top choices. California's hatred for me continues on from undergrad apps.

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Lightworks » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 pm

vuthy wrote:
Catherinelo365 wrote:Rejected.
172+ 3.85

Just like Michigan, didn't even get waiting listed. Begin to worry something maybe horrible wrong with my app.


I truly think that mid-T14 schools know how thin the applicant pool is going to be this cycle, and they are aggressively yield protecting so that they don't get caught with a bunch of 170-2 admits that bail on them for the T6.


Could be. UM is a YP school, so I wouldn't freak out about it. Berkeley is Berkeley, and they do their own thing. No reason to get distraught over those two decisions.

User avatar
MnM22
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby MnM22 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Waitlisted a few minutes ago after FR as well. It's better than a ding. This might me a long cycle for me...who knows....something will work out though.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Catherinelo365
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Catherinelo365 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Lightworks wrote:
vuthy wrote:
Catherinelo365 wrote:Rejected.
172+ 3.85

Just like Michigan, didn't even get waiting listed. Begin to worry something maybe horrible wrong with my app.


I truly think that mid-T14 schools know how thin the applicant pool is going to be this cycle, and they are aggressively yield protecting so that they don't get caught with a bunch of 170-2 admits that bail on them for the T6.


Could be. UM is a YP school, so I wouldn't freak out about it. Berkeley is Berkeley, and they do their own thing. No reason to get distraught over those two decisions.


I thought I can be expecting some good $$ from these schools but now I'm dinged by Berkeley and Michigan and got WLed from Duke. :( :( :(

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: UC Berkeley c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Catherinelo365 wrote:I thought I can be expecting some good $$ from these schools but now I'm dinged by Berkeley and Michigan and got WLed from Duke. :( :( :(


Thats rough!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”