Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neprep

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby neprep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 pm

UGH I submitted in the middle of December…and now I feel that I should have waited. Not because my 250 would have been better or anything, but because I would have been able to delay the dinghammer that's coming my way soon. :(

lastsamurai

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:00 pm

neprep wrote:UGH I submitted in the middle of December…and now I feel that I should have waited. Not because my 250 would have been better or anything, but because I would have been able to delay the dinghammer that's coming my way soon. :(

I'm quite the opposite...I'd rather get the ding and move on

thechancellor

Postby thechancellor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:26 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
neprep wrote:UGH I submitted in the middle of December…and now I feel that I should have waited. Not because my 250 would have been better or anything, but because I would have been able to delay the dinghammer that's coming my way soon. :(

+1

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:29 pm

alex.cm wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:

+1

+180

Joe Christmas

Postby Joe Christmas » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:32 pm

lastsamurai wrote:

Could not agree more.

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:50 pm

lastsamurai wrote:

Yeah, i've waited long enough already, it is time.

turtles

Postby turtles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:56 pm

is anyone else a little disgusted by the "just ding me" posts? it just seems like this kind of unproductive whining (which raises the question of why you applied in the first place) should have stopped when we graduated from high school. i'm not personally attacking anyone, but i'm just wondering why these posts are considered acceptable behavior for adults who recommended themselves for admission through their application.
Last edited by turtles on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:00 pm

turtles wrote:is anyone else a little disgusted by the "just ding me" posts? it just seems like this kind of unproductive whining (which begs the question of why you applied in the first place) should have stopped when we graduated from high school. i'm not personally attacking anyone, but i'm just wondering why these posts are considered acceptable behavior for adults who recommended themselves for admission through their application.

Thank you for that contribution.

http://begthequestion.info/

/passive aggressive post

kartelite

Postby kartelite » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
turtles wrote:is anyone else a little disgusted by the "just ding me" posts? it just seems like this kind of unproductive whining (which begs the question of why you applied in the first place) should have stopped when we graduated from high school. i'm not personally attacking anyone, but i'm just wondering why these posts are considered acceptable behavior for adults who recommended themselves for admission through their application.

/passive aggressive post

The misuse of that phrase is one of my pet peeves. Thanks lol.

Gary

Postby Gary » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 pm

turtles wrote:is anyone else a little disgusted by the "just ding me" posts? it just seems like this kind of unproductive whining (which raises the question of why you applied in the first place) should have stopped when we graduated from high school. i'm not personally attacking anyone, but i'm just wondering why these posts are considered acceptable behavior for adults who recommended themselves for admission through their application.

Lol it's more because people are tired of waiting and have heard back from like 19/20 schools which all have many more applicants...

Joe Christmas

Postby Joe Christmas » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 pm

To be fair, it isn't, "just ding me." It's more like, "just ding me if you're going to ding me." To me, at least, there's a pretty big difference there.

While I agree that we should have expected a wait, that doesn't make the wait any better. Some people have lots of family logistics to work out, and effectively hitting "pause" on the future until April can be a bit rough.

But this is also just a forum on the internet where fellow waiters come to moan about the application cycle and yes, whine if they need to. This is a stressful time in a stressful process. We're cranky sometimes. :)

turtles

Postby turtles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 pm

edited! sorry everyone, it must have been really frustrating for you to see a phrase misused, but no worries, i corrected it as soon as possible so it would stop obfuscating the meaning of my post. thanks for the tips!

turtles

Postby turtles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Joe Christmas wrote:

To be fair, it isn't, "just ding me." It's more like, "just ding me if you're going to ding me." To me, at least, there's a pretty big difference there.

While I agree that we should have expected a wait, that doesn't make the wait any better. Some people have lots of family logistics to work out, and effectively hitting "pause" on the future until April can be a bit rough.

But this is also just a forum on the internet where fellow waiters come to moan about the application cycle and yes, whine if they need to. This is a stressful time in a stressful process. We're cranky sometimes. :)

yeah, i guess you're right. my post doesn't have to be negative, i'm just thinking that a bunch of qualified applicants should treat themselves as such! :)

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm

turtles wrote:is anyone else a little disgusted by the "just ding me" posts? it just seems like this kind of unproductive whining (which raises the question of why you applied in the first place) should have stopped when we graduated from high school. i'm not personally attacking anyone, but i'm just wondering why these posts are considered acceptable behavior for adults who recommended themselves for admission through their application.

I think you are reading into them what you want. I don't think anyone is saying that they want to get rejected but that it is likely and given that fact, they would like to know sooner rather than later. I can only speak for myself but I applied to get into Yale, not to be rejected. That being said, the chances are stacked against me. So I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. If anything the only indictment against any of us is that we are impatient,

Also, these posts are very common on TLS and are widely held to be a way of venting and dealing with the stress. Let the people cope in their own way.

ETA: Scooped

and love you turtles, its all good.
Last edited by The-Specs on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:09 pm

turtles wrote:
Joe Christmas wrote:

yeah, i guess you're right. my post doesn't have to be negative, i'm just thinking that a bunch of qualified applicants should treat themselves as such! :)

That's fair sentiment. I think a lot of people just use these boards as a way to let out some steam. No one in the real world can relate to the stresses of this process, so sometimes this is the only place we can whine. :)

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm

lawschool22 wrote:

/passive aggressive post

I sometimes use that incorrectly with one of my friends just because he gets rather annoyed by such things. :lol:
Last edited by Nonconsecutive on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:

/passive aggressive post

I sometimes use that incorrectly with one of my friends just because he gets rather annoyed be such things. :lol:

I mean, one could make that argument that since it is now so frequently used in that way, it now has two meanings, depending on context.

Joe Christmas

Postby Joe Christmas » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

So just to make sure I'm preparing myself properly, if I went complete in the yesteryear of Oct-Nov and have had radio silence since then, I should pretty much be expecting dingslaughter or the distant waitlist. Right?

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Joe Christmas wrote:So just to make sure I'm preparing myself properly, if I went complete in the yesteryear of Oct-Nov and have had radio silence since then, I should pretty much be expecting dingslaughter or the distant waitlist. Right?

It's Yale, anything is possible. Perhaps you will be woken up at 330 AM to a call from Asha offering you an acceptance. Not really

BUT REALLY, ANYTHING

And WL won't be too distant anymore...

lastsamurai

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:38 pm

turtles wrote:is anyone else a little disgusted

Sorry if I disgusted you! Hope you weren't eating lunch or anything!

drawstring

Postby drawstring » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm

I would probably be very satisfied if I made it to the waitlist.

Sourrudedude

Postby Sourrudedude » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Me: "Lots of action on the Yale thread, maybe they sent some decisions."
Nope, grammar.

Cocoblues

Postby Cocoblues » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Me: "Lots of action on the Yale thread, maybe they sent some decisions."
Nope, grammar.

:lol: I had the same reaction earlier today.

residentemma

Postby residentemma » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:36 pm

lawschool22 wrote:

/passive aggressive post

The fact that I had to read this simple explanation about 8 times as if it were a logic game probably indicates that I shouldn't get into Yale...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”