Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scvaz7 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 am

If it wasn't such bad form to call I would

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:58 am

Scvaz7 wrote:If it wasn't such bad form to call I would


honestly at this point i would call. Their tweet implied they were done last week so you could just say you didnt receive an email.
ive heard of people that didnt receive an email and found out it was a mistake.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:00 am

^^ yeah, last year they tweeted something to the effect of "we have released all decisions, please call if you have not received an e-mail." but there are a lot of you left, with very good stats...

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

wealtheow wrote:^^ yeah, last year they tweeted something to the effect of "we have released all decisions, please call if you have not received an e-mail." but there are a lot of you left, with very good stats...


True, but they didn't the year before, so maybe last year was unusual in that regard.

If anyone does call, please please let us know what they say.

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Scvaz7 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot

TLSNerd
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TLSNerd » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm tired of waiting. I want to talk to admissions and make sure they haven't just forgotten to send me a rejection email.

I don't want to call the office either, for fear of sabotaging myself.

So here's the plan: someone get a friend to call. Here's the Yale Law admissions office number: (203) 432-4995

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 pm

whippersnappery wrote:
wealtheow wrote:^^ yeah, last year they tweeted something to the effect of "we have released all decisions, please call if you have not received an e-mail." but there are a lot of you left, with very good stats...


True, but they didn't the year before, so maybe last year was unusual in that regard.

If anyone does call, please please let us know what they say.

I've debated calling as well. I don't know that they'd look poorly upon someone who called because of the tweet. If they hadn't posted that they were aiming to get all decisions out by the end of last week, I'd feel differently.

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bhs12 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 pm

koalacity wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:
wealtheow wrote:^^ yeah, last year they tweeted something to the effect of "we have released all decisions, please call if you have not received an e-mail." but there are a lot of you left, with very good stats...


True, but they didn't the year before, so maybe last year was unusual in that regard.

If anyone does call, please please let us know what they say.

I've debated calling as well. I don't know that they'd look poorly upon someone who called because of the tweet. If they hadn't posted that they were aiming to get all decisions out by the end of last week, I'd feel differently.


for what little it's worth, I don't think a polite call—on April 17, no less—will have any negative impact on your application. They may not tell you much, but I don't think you will disadvantage yourself in any way by doing so.

User avatar
theletterj
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby theletterj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

If it helps I just called and there was no answer at admissions (they might be at lunch).

TLSNerd
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby TLSNerd » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Okay I just called (using a blocked/anonymous number) and a woman answered and I said I was calling in reference to the Tweet and asked whether all the decisions had been sent out yet or whether there was a mistake and she said that not all of the decisions had been sent out yet.

She then asked when I sent my application in and I didn't want to out myself to her so I just said "in plenty of time" and said thanks and goodbye.

She sounded grumpy from start to finish.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 pm

I guess they are still waiting for professors to return their stacks of apps

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:36 pm

TLSNerd wrote:Okay I just called (using a blocked/anonymous number) and a woman answered and I said I was calling in reference to the Tweet and asked whether all the decisions had been sent out yet or whether there was a mistake and she said that not all of the decisions had been sent out yet.

She then asked when I sent my application in and I didn't want to out myself to her so I just said "in plenty of time" and said thanks and goodbye.

She sounded grumpy from start to finish.


maybe yield is down! ... haha, one can hope.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Just got my decision-waitlisted.

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

koalacity wrote:Just got my decision-waitlisted.


Gird your inboxes, ladies and gentlemen!

Congrats, Koala! Do you mind saying when you went complete?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kimikho » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 pm

koalacity wrote:Just got my decision-waitlisted.


FINALLY! Congrats!

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Got mine: ding. :(

It's been lovely, everyone. Good luck to those still waiting.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 pm

This is scary maybe they read tls and got mad we made someone call. Now they are raging.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby drawstring » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Is congrats on a WL fitting for Koala? I mean, she's not a mortal like the rest of us.....

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 pm

whippersnappery wrote:
koalacity wrote:Just got my decision-waitlisted.


Gird your inboxes, ladies and gentlemen!

Congrats, Koala! Do you mind saying when you went complete?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Complete 3/7 (submitted 2/28).

Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I'm a bit surprised that we didn't all get decisions at once.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby koalacity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 pm

whippersnappery wrote:Got mine: ding. :(

It's been lovely, everyone. Good luck to those still waiting.

So sorry, whippersnappery :cry:. See you in Cambridge?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby drawstring » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:52 pm

whippersnappery wrote:Got mine: ding. :(

It's been lovely, everyone. Good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry to hear that ws.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

drawstring wrote:Is congrats on a WL fitting for Koala? I mean, she's not a mortal like the rest of us.....


It seems like a lot of people that submitted late ended up on the waitlist

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chizzy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Sorry about the dings nd wl!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 pm

chizzy wrote:
drawstring wrote:Is congrats on a WL fitting for Koala? I mean, she's not a mortal like the rest of us.....


It seems like a lot of people that submitted late ended up on the waitlist


so much for not-rolling admissions :roll:

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby whippersnappery » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks Draw and Koala.

And yep--it's looking like I'll be in Cambridge. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finickywalrus, Houzy, mdu, Why??? and 12 guests